Pete playing Delia Derbyshire Tribute

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

angelsighs
Known user

Pete playing Delia Derbyshire Tribute

Post by angelsighs »

Pete Kember is playing Coventry again in May- a celebration of Delia Derbyshire at Coventry Cathedral

https://thetinmusicandarts.org.uk/events/deliaphonic/
MODLAB
Site Admin

Re: Pete playing Delia Derbyshire Tribute

Post by MODLAB »

Thanks!

I really would like to see that.

M
Design.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

went to this on Friday night. feeling too lazy to write a lengthy review- it was really good! I really do think Pete is a dab hand at building up drones with synths. very hypnotic, and some great accompanying visuals.

nice setting with it being in the cathedral too. and a very healthy crowd. much bigger than the usual numbers this promoter draws. wonder if many people were there just because of Delia Derbyshire rather then the acts themselves?
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

No recordings of this event? I have been thinking about bringing Pete to Tallinn, Estonia, but seems i got the wrong idea about the actual place for his gig. He tells in his interview that he likes people chatting at the gigs, just simple enjoyment by audience. Gigs in academic environment are the worst option for him and i thought about exactly that kind of venue in Tallinn. Well, search is on...
But still it would be nice to see/hear something from Delia's tribute event. If it is so good, then Pete should release it officially.