RIP Chuck Berry

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

runcible
Site Admin

RIP Chuck Berry

Post by runcible »

Just heard about this. How the hell did he make it to 90?!!

Whatever people say about the man he changed music forever in a way few people ever have. Genius? Yeah I reckon so. Despite the unsavoury side of his character.... Some respect is due. He practically invented rock n' roll.
olan
Known user

Re: RIP Chuck Berry

Post by olan »

runcible wrote:Just heard about this. How the hell did he make it to 90?!!

Whatever people say about the man he changed music forever in a way few people ever have. Genius? Yeah I reckon so. Despite the unsavoury side of his character.... Some respect is due. He practically invented rock n' roll.
As ever, trust the art and not the artist. I like Springsteen's quote about how important Chuck Berry was to Rock and Roll. He said something along the lines of 'The first time I heard a Chuck Berry riff, Keith Richards was playing it'. :D

EDIT: This took a while to find. It really says it all.

Legend.

RIP.
Last edited by olan on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I give massive respect to Chuck Berry. Without him no Beatles, No Stones. Listen to his records. He didn't just write songs. He wrote Rock 'N Roll standards.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Chuck Berry an Icon when the word is thrown around to people not deserving,the man was a total Icon. Can't imagine Rock and roll without him . Another greatly influential musician gone. Such a defined guitar style and so many songs.
R.I.P. Mr Rock and roll.