Mogwai : Every Country's Sun (Sept. 1)

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

Mogwai : Every Country's Sun (Sept. 1)

Post by TheWarmth »

http://mogwai.co.uk/

First single is streaming. Sounds great, as usual. Psyched for this album. 3 x LP set is $50.
Shinesalight
Known user

Re: Mogwai : Every Country's Sun (Sept. 1)

Post by Shinesalight »

Was just about to post exactly the same thing. Really looking forward to this. And, yeah, having been sucked into buying all their recent output on box set, it looks like I'm going to have to do the same with this one :roll:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

The nice thing about this set is that it's almost all music content. 2 x LP, a 12" of demos and a 7". I really don't care about the art prints, but they might be cool.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Sounds like Mono. Better than their last 2...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

New song sounds good. No great left turn (which I don't think they are gonna do now) it sounds like a mix of CODY with some of the electronic sounds from the recent stuff. Not as overproduced as the last album.

Now just waiting for them to announce some tour dates that aren't in Glasgow or London
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Huh, I'm on their mailing list, but didn't get this notice ? Something to look forward to ...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Hmm, it does sound good when its on, listened to it 5/6 times now an tbh I doubt I`ll be able to tell you how it goes an hour from now, I find this with Mogwai quite a lot, I do like how they have continued the recurring theme of bewildering titles that wont resonate anywhere beyond Scotland with Battered At A Scramble though, good one.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Just ordered Kicking A Dead Pig 3x12" on green & purple, looking forward to that.

So much Mogwai to collect.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

It's out and about if you're so inclined.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I love the new video and track, "Party In The Dark." For some reason, I'm not having any luck getting the youtube function to work, but here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4KJ-T8yAI
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Mogwai are playing a gig at Leeds Brudenell on Sep 7th. blimey! surely the smallest gig they've played since forever?

already sold out :? obviously
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

It's to open the new room, so not sure how small it is but surely still v small. I saw them play at Hoxton Bar & Kitchen before Hardcore..., that's tiny! Hoping to be at the Brude show, got a friend working on it.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

oh yeah didn't spot it was the new room. still must be pretty small like you say.
some other UK dates don't seem to be forthcoming unfortunately. this Brudenell one is a special small warm up, then they've got the big Glasgow one and Brixton Academy.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

dates announced in Newcastle, Bristol, Manchester.

I was tempted by Manchester but it's gone and sold out.. if anyone knows of a spare ticket, you know where I am ! :/

I watched their BBC6 music session and really enjoyed it. I must admit, I'm a bit lackadaisical when it comes to their new records but one of the new songs (think it was the title track) was sounding pretty fine with a rather beautiful guitar melody.

it did seem weird to see them with a new guitarist and the stand-in drummer.. the drummer seemed to have more energy than Martin though. really getting into it!