:shock:

Cheese eating surrender monkeys.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
spacemanrich
Known user

Re: Premier League / Football / Etc...

Post by spacemanrich »

Really !? Down 4-0 in aggregate and come back to score 6 in the second leg. 3 goals in the final seven minutes ! :shock:
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Exciting stuff indeed but no doubt two of the dodgiest penalty decisions you'll ever see :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I thought Neymar did get fouled in the box. However, Suarez's flop was ridiculous.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The penalties may have been of the soft variety but you could make a case for them if you wanted, also you are away to Barcelona, your just the latest in a long ling to have dodgy decisions go against you there, did score two great goals as well.
PSG were guilty of some diabolical defending and finishing, shocking considering the cost and talent on the park, chocolate soldiers frankly, too much pressure??
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Both were penalties imo. Think the outrage over Suarez is unjustified for once. Yea he made the most of it, almost too much of it, but Marquinhos put his arm across Suarez & tried to impede or prevent Suarez from playing the ball. The anger & invective is misdirected, it should be aimed towards Marquinhos - he was the one initially trying to cheat in this instance: if he doesn't raise his arm then there's no decision to make.

The Neymar one was clear cut. Meunier knew what he was doing, caught badly out of position with an untimely slip he was caught in a moment of desperation.

Curmudgeons will try to discredit this in a number of ways, but really PSG only have themselves to blame. They conceded 3 goals in 8mins, threw away a commanding lead twice through their panicking. Barca, strange as it may seem, didn't even play that well: most of their chances & goals came about from terrible PSG decision making.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Nice finish to the season. My God, Harry Kane is on fire. 7 goals in two away matches, not too bad. No top 4 finish for the Gunners in 20 years, but their still in the FA Cup Final. I hope Ajax wins the Europa Cup to eliminate the Red Devils bid in the Champions League :0
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Crickey ! What a way to start off the EPL season.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Crickey! What is Aguero thinking about !?!?!? A crucial match with Chelsea less than 48 hours and he is out of the country attending a two bit lounge singers concert. It's not like he was seeing Spiritualized. My guess is the taxi driver is a United supporter. They'll do anything to scupper our title hopes.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Aptly titled, " Merseyside Massacre ". Klopp took a template out of Pep's handbook w/ possession and patience. The first 30 minutes or so the Reds had about a 70% possession and had timely passes that took City defenders on their back heel. Ederson worked for his paycheck tonite. John Stones got outmuscled and pushed out by Firmino on that 2nd goal. In fact, City's backline looked like swiss cheese - full of holes. Couhtino who ? Seemed like they didn't miss him. Got to give a little credit to City, though in almost coming back with a draw. Otamendi's header in stoppage time was just a little off target. Neverless, it was an entertaining match. If Liverpool plays like this week in and out I can see them in second in the table in no time.
1+1-1
Known user

Post by 1+1-1 »

After signing French defender Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao, Manchester City's 'annual defence spending' has exceeded the actual annual military defence budgets of 52 countries. (i News)
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I can already see tomorrow MEN's headline, " Pep got Klopped ! " - {understatement} :oops:
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Back on our fucking perch!!! :D :D :D

Always thought i'd be celebrating a Liverpool title win, whenever it happened again (didn't expect a 30 year wait tbh) down the pub or in a gaff with a load of mates. Instead i'm home alone without a drop of booze in the house. But fuck it...good times :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

sunray wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:27 pm Back on our fucking perch!!! :D :D :D
I'm so very happy today! Totally deserved and long overdue. I hope now they can smash the rest of the records available (most wins, etc.) before the end of the season. Klopp has cemented his legend status at Anfield now.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I am a City fan.
I could not be happier for Liverpool. They have been faultless this year. After the match yesterday one of the pundits on US TV asked if Liverpool are really 23 points better than City and the two former Premier League players on the panel Robbie Earle & Robbie Mustoe said yes. City have lost 8 games this year. Liverpool have lost 2 games in 2 years.
In American sports, especially basketball, you have these teams you need to beat on your quest to a championship. If any of you watched the The Last Dance series about Michael Jordan. The Bulls quest reminds me of Liverpool. The Detroit Pistons were there cryptonite. They had to fins a way to beat Detroit to become champions. As for Detroit, they had to beat Boston on their way to a championship. I feel the same way about Liverpool having to beat City. I find it fitting that City host Liverpool on have to give them their honor at the Etihad. I am not so deep rooted that I hate the idea. It is a wonderful tradition.
Plus I adore the city of Liverpool. Weird thing is all my friends are Everton fans there.
Here is to hoping City can win the Champions League.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Can I ask if this league is running this yr?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Yes. You should automatically be added.
If not the code to join is: l1vd8o
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Cheers spzretent, better get picking.