Belle & Sebastian : How To Solve Our Human Problems

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

Belle & Sebastian : How To Solve Our Human Problems

Post by TheWarmth »

There has been discussion about B&S's new triple EP release, but I figured it warrants its own thread. They just released a new song today, "The Same Star," which I am liking very much.

https://www.stereogum.com/1977614/belle ... tar/music/

The first EP came out in December. I'd say that I'm a fan of three out of the five songs, with "We Were Beautiful" being the clear standout and "Sweet Dew Lee" also very excellent. I believe the next EP is out next Friday.
stegraham
Known user

Re: Belle & Sebastian : How To Solve Our Human Problems

Post by stegraham »

Yeah, really looking foward to this. I'm avoiding the "singles" (listening and buying) and just gonna get the album when released. Can't believe it's three years since Girls in Peactime!

Ste
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Thanks for this, I like the new track. I've pre-ordered the CD album. Will be a nice surprise when it arrives, like that next Jaz Butcher box set
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

I just found a hidden gem on BBC iPlayer, with B&S playing several songs for a live session just before Christmas.

I found it by sheer chance, but thankfully not too late - it's still up for 11 days. Seems daft to hide away such valuable material, it wouldn't have happened back in John Peel's day, though thankfully this one is much tighter and less chaotic than that ancient classic Christmas Peel Session!

Tracklist as follows:

Nobody's Empire
I'm A Cookoo
We Were Beautiful
Are You Coming Over For Christmas
I'll Be Your Pilot
I Didn't See It Coming
Christmas Wrapping
Legal Man

It sounds really, really good too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05q4g37

I guess our overseas friends might need to use a VPN or similar to localise their IP, unfortunately.

Hopefully someone out there might have ripped it for posterity, in case it never gets released, as the last B&S BBC Sessions release was not that long ago (that's just a guess based on the condition of my long sleeved t-shirt that gets worn a lot in this cold weather, but my estimation of B&S release timescales has not been particularly accurate of late, as some folks noticed!)
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

It is really good isn't it! Thanks for the heads up, Mojo.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

The How To Solve Our Human Problems Parts 1-3 vinyl boxset and CD is out today, in the UK at least. Picked up my box-set - £34 for the 3 EPs plus a poster. I've held back from listening to any of the new material until now, so looking forward to giving them all a spin :)
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

mc: Let us know what you think. There are a few clunkers, but overall I'm really happy. I'm going to do up a playlist with my own imagined album running order. I listened to EP3 today about 3 times.