Vibes to Will...

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

good dope/good fun
Known user

Vibes to Will...

Post by good dope/good fun »

Laz69
Known user

Re: Vibes to Will...

Post by Laz69 »

Glad to see he's smashed his target early on. I hope he gets well soon.
GayBackInTheSun
New user

Post by GayBackInTheSun »

I hope he's improving and glad to see, indeed that he's received the funding. I certainly have been grateful for his contributions to much of the music I love. From Spacemen3 to most recently the Brian jonestown Massacre performances, I've seen video of (which are brilliant, FIB Benicassim 2008, Glastonbury 2014 - just to name a couple), I am glad to seeing him making great music and hope he gets cured and stays healthy, so that he continue to do what he loves. I lost my brother 4 years ago to Hep-C and I am glad to see that there is hope now for those who are stricken by it.
GayBackInTheSun
New user

Post by GayBackInTheSun »

Meant to mention that his writing is really great work. I think he's definitely artistically gifted and talented in more than just one area. Not only for the music, we all know and love, but he could have a career as an author as well. Great writing, Will! It's amazing that he's able to recall so many of those experiences in such detail. I know I couldn't/can't. I know I've seen Spiritualized at least once (Atlanta, The Roxy in 199?, 1994 I think), and I know I was heaven during the show, but I certainly don't remember many specifics, except I did get a glowy mainline shirt.

Here's a piece from his memoir, Playing Bass With Three Left Hands:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... ss-extract

And all the best to Will!
xo