What Are You Listening To Now?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Post by BzaInSpace »

good dope/good fun wrote:Jimi Hendrix : Blues
Tonight I'm so glad to read that.

Needed that!

For me right now it's Van Morrison - 'Cyprus Avenue' - live from 1973 with his amazing band, the Celtic Soul Orchestra.

Apologies for the vinyl digital rip, but worth it as always for the "...turned on already..."

https://youtu.be/f2iEQXKbfcM
O P 8
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Right now, the 50th Anniversary LP reissue of The Mothers Of Invention - Absolutely Free

After decades of shonky 80s digital remasters (done by Frank Zappa himself) we finally have the original 1967 album/mix available again on LP. The supposed 'laser etching' of FZ's face on the otherwise redundant side 4 is pathetically amateur, but apart from that, the quality of the pressing is magnificent and the music is beyond timeless :)

Take a day and walk around
Watch the Nazis run your town
Then go home and check yourself
You think we're singing 'bout someone else...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Stream of the new Ty Segall - Freedom Goblin and mighty fine its sounding too, https://www.npr.org/2018/01/18/57840553 ... m-s-goblin,

Proper double album clocking in around 90 mins, lots going on, many bases being covered but its still a tight sounding album, like most of his albums it has its own unique production/sound, can see this being a favourite round here for the next few months.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

New albums seem to be getting lined up thick and fast:

New BRMC is out, I had a listen, it sounds like business as usual really, nice atmosphere but I think it needs a few more listens.
the weird circus track was a bit of an oddity though :/

Also new Yo La Tengo has been announced, 'There's a Riot Going On'. apparently pieced together in an abstract fashion from jams in their rehearsal space.

Q&A here. they have also released 4 of the new songs to listen to.. but as it's on bloody spotify I am unable to do so!

https://www.stereogum.com/1979031/read- ... interview/

I must rebuy this at some point- I had it but years ago it went walkabout for some reason. I'm not really a bluesy guy but Hendrix was blues via outer space :) that said it was still sublime when he stripped it down for the acoustic Hear My Train a Comin'. I wish there was more recordings of him on acoustic actually.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

angelsighs wrote:New albums seem to be getting lined up thick and fast:
Also new Yo La Tengo has been announced, 'There's a Riot Going On'. apparently pieced together in an abstract fashion from jams in their rehearsal space.

Q&A here. they have also released 4 of the new songs to listen to.. but as it's on bloody spotify I am unable to do so!

https://www.stereogum.com/1979031/read- ... interview/
I've got a good feeling about the new yo la tengo. and that interview just reinforces that feeling. same here angelsighs, can't hear the tracks since they're on spotify, but theyre generally an album band so i think maybe that's a blessing really.
love this. remember picking up a tape of it for 50p or so at some carboot sale many years ago. never heard of it before and it's full of gems. these days it's easy to find 'rare' stuff like that, but before the internet that was quite something! likewise angelsighs, i wish he'd done more acoustic stuff. it's pure gold...

i suppose with this being the what you're listening to thread, i should say i've been listening to the stream from new years of sigur ros from their festival in Reykjavik. pretty intense! here's a link if anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYf5dZZdTtU&t=2445s
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

also... Barr Brothers. I saw these guys at a festival a few years back (twice actually!) and they were amazing. a mix of blues and folk but also pretty experimental (i recall a harp and double bass being involved?), a bit hypnotic at times and dare i say might even appeal to some on here? I was just watching a live session of their new album and really liked it. They're definitely a band to catch live, which is convenient because i randomly did a search just now and they're touring the new album at the moment, and there's tickets for manchester, leeds and glasgow over the next week. pretty miffed i don't happen to be living close to any of those places, but thought i'd throw out a recommendation in case anyone does and wants to give them a chance. there's a recent kexp set of the new material, which should give anyone interested an idea of what they'd be in for...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6eP7VTMQmw
imbilly
Known user

Post by imbilly »

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

moop wrote:
love this. remember picking up a tape of it for 50p or so at some carboot sale many years ago. never heard of it before and it's full of gems. these days it's easy to find 'rare' stuff like that, but before the internet that was quite something! likewise angelsighs, i wish he'd done more acoustic stuff. it's pure gold...
indeed! have you heard of 'Black Gold'? this is Hendrix doing some home recordings just himself and an acoustic guitar, it's a bit of a holy grail even for bootleggers. apart from some songs like Drifting, I believe the songs are mostly unrecorded and unique too. I think only one song has come out, 'Suddenly November Morning' on the West Coast Seattle Boy boxset.

The Hendrix estate seem set on drip feeding the truly essential stuff, interspersed with alternate takes and mixes (which are cool too, because it's Hendrix, but...).
a studio version of Machine Gun is a bit of a grail for me too (I know one exists)
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Aye.
The Hendrix Estate is releasing another album in March of supposedly unreleased material.
But I have a feeling it's nothing that we haven't heard or have already.
I honestly don't know why they don't release more live recordings.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

angelsighs wrote:indeed! have you heard of 'Black Gold'? this is Hendrix doing some home recordings just himself and an acoustic guitar, it's a bit of a holy grail even for bootleggers. apart from some songs like Drifting, I believe the songs are mostly unrecorded and unique too. I think only one song has come out, 'Suddenly November Morning' on the West Coast Seattle Boy boxset.

The Hendrix estate seem set on drip feeding the truly essential stuff, interspersed with alternate takes and mixes (which are cool too, because it's Hendrix, but...).
a studio version of Machine Gun is a bit of a grail for me too (I know one exists)
Had never heard of 'Black Gold', somehow! Very pleased it exists, but god how frustrating that they have it locked away somewhere. The hendrix estate's model of putting one unreleased track on each compilation is pretty rubbish. I won't be holding my breath to hear it any time soon.

Out of interest, what would you guys rate as the most vital hendrix things outside of the official albums? I have a few bootlegs/studio out-takes cd from many years back that were pretty great, but i'm sure i've missed some really essential/rare stuff. somewhere i've got a cd's worth of very loose bluesy jams/studio outtakes where he really let loose. it had a long version of villanova junction blues at the start which i absolutely love (i found a version of the track online but it quickly disappears into another track, so i guess i'm after a different edit). i'm sure you probably know what i'm talking about better than i do! if not i'll try to track it down...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

here's some more info about Black Gold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Gol ... ecordings)

I could talk about Hendrix all day, but maybe this should be it's own thread? don't want to derail this one..
good dope/good fun wrote:Aye.
The Hendrix Estate is releasing another album in March of supposedly unreleased material.
But I have a feeling it's nothing that we haven't heard or have already.
I honestly don't know why they don't release more live recordings.
possibly a bit harsh? in recent years alone there has been Atlanta, Miami, and first night at the Fillmore. the estates handling of the archive has been less than stellar, but plenty of live Jimi to enjoy.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

moop wrote:Out of interest, what would you guys rate as the most vital hendrix things outside of the official albums?
I've always had a soft spot for The Jimi Hendrix Concerts (pic below). i remember picking it up in a little 2nd hand store in Glasgow for a few quid thinking it was just going to be another release with all the same songs that were out there, but was soon taken aback with some of the versions on it - especially Red House and Hear My Train A' Comin which were relatively new to me at the time having really only heard the classics and studio LPs.

davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Ayalew Mesfin’s Hasabe (My Worries)

Our record of the month this month is Hasabe, a compilation of songs from Ayalew Mesfin, a ’70s Ethiopian funk musician whose music was opressed by a dictatorship, and who only now is reissuing his music, more than 40 years after it was first recorded. This is the first LP release of just Mesfin songs, in a partnership between Now Again and Vinyl Me, Please.

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/a ... n-details/

https://open.spotify.com/album/53KC69IPtUPXpcTVPF25Z0
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Currently really enjoying the new BRMC album. Easily their best for a good while.
Also liking The Acetone retrospective.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Currently really enjoying the new BRMC album. Easily their best for a good while.
Also liking The Acetone retrospective.
Got to agree on the BRMC, quality sounding album. Also Car Seat Headrest, new to me up until last week but my mate has me a ticket to see them in May, kinda dark Pavement, Modern Lovers thing going on album Teens Of Denial was out in 2016 apparently, good album as well.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Seems to have been passed over by many so giving it another plug, quoting myself from last April:

"Currently enjoying Ecstatic Vision 'Raw Rock Fury'.
You like early Hawkwind? Early Monster Magnet? The Stooges? You do? Then this is the album for you. Four songs over 35-odd minutes from a band who sound like they actually have done some drugs at some point in their life. Probably in the past five minutes. Play LOUD."
Full album here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ieYQPvWMI
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Just about to give it a first play. :D
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

olan wrote:Image
Fuckin LOVE it!!! Another belter from CM.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Laz69 wrote:
olan wrote:Image
Fuckin LOVE it!!! Another belter from CM.
Absolute agreement here. The Aground ep last year was superb, and certainly a huge step forward musically and in terms of the production. This LP is absurdly good from start to finish.

So, after what I thought was a relatively weak year for music in 2017, we get excellent records from CM and BRMC and we've yet to get 2018 really rolling.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Bell Witch - Mirror Reaper

A one-song, 83-minute eulogy for their fallen bandmate. Doom metal rarely gets this monolithic, sorrowful and downright beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10q1ZJyLXFk
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

I just can't stop listening to this song. One of the most infectiously joyous and beautiful vocal performances I've ever heard, courtesy of the late Caroline Crawley. She sang those magical backing vocals/duet on "The Slide Song", and this showcases her spellbinding voice in full flow.

Shelleyan Orphan - Burst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHE7pS8S9oQ
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Listening to Dream Syndicate (bit late on these) at the moment

Medicine show in particular is a belting album. Not got the first album yet, i believe thats the album to have (enjoyed what i have heard of the new album too) Hopefully catch them in UK if they come back.

New Calexico album is quite splendid, quite psych and moody rather than dusty mariachi/americana (still one of the best live bands for me)

Japenese Breakfast is also a good album (from last year)

Basically I ain't listening to much Psych stuff unless its on Drone Rock label (always good and I'm not just saying that Ads !)or a select few on Sonic Cathederal/Cardinall Fuzz, I'm just sick of it, some of it just dull and goes absolutely nowhere (Cosmic Dead, Acid mothers, Anthroproph among many others have all left my record shelves)
Good Psych I'm all over, just not enough of it currently
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Listening to Dream Syndicate (bit late on these) at the moment

Medicine show in particular is a belting album. Not got the first album yet, i believe thats the album to have (enjoyed what i have heard of the new album too) Hopefully catch them in UK if they come back.
good to see another Dream Syndicate fan Dave!

I've been caning the new album, it's one the best reunion records of recent years in my opinion. better than the Ride one for instance.

The first album is indeed excellent. you have to get Live at Raji's too (recently reissued on vinyl actually I believe) a blistering warts and all live show. I don't have Medicine Show myself (have to remedy that) but some of those tunes are in the setlist.

I am keen to see them live too. they did a few UK dates a little while back but not many.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Fuck Buttons - Slow Focus, such a good album this, can it really be 5yr old? Will they ever do anything again?? These questions remain unanswered.

On the back of buying The Velvet`s - Matrix Tapes box I`ve been listening to the VU album a fair bit again, christ there`s some good songs there, to think it was mostly discarded for the longest time, crazy.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Aquarian-Time wrote: New Calexico album is quite splendid, quite psych and moody rather than dusty mariachi/americana (still one of the best live bands for me)

Japenese Breakfast is also a good album (from last year)
I really dig the Japanese Breakfast album. She's made some killer videos, too. I'm not a big music video guy, but man ... check out the ones for "Machinist" and "Road Head". So great.

I like the older Calexico stuff. For some reason, the last few albums haven't done much for me. They don't have the same dark vibe anymore.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

New Calexico is really good. The last 2 or 3 have been more traditionally song based but this one has all sorts going on. Admittedly not the same as Hot Rail (played that today) but rewarding nonetheless.

Road Head is the song that got me into Japanese Breakfast. Looking forward to seeing them live soon in Manchester
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Good Psych I'm all over, just not enough of it currently
Not quite the same, but i do feel its become saturated with too wide a scope. Its like "psych" has become the new "indie" pigeonhole.

Personally, i can't keep up with all that falls under the "psych" label. I try to at least listen to things on bandcamp to see if it catches my attention but there is just so much out there its hard to give things the time they deserve.

It is a genre that i have loved over the years, but there is a lot of it now which is just rubbish to my ears and is released on Fuzzclub/etc. that they somehow think they can demand my attention, but a lot of it i just don't get anything from. At least bands like Hookworms and The Lucid Dream are not scared of changing their direction to keep things different/fresh, even if they are going to divide opinion or potentially lose fans over it - can't fault them for doing what THEY want to do, and not just sticcking with the same tried and tested output.

My budget too dictates that i need to be really rather picky when it comes to releases and its often too easy to get swept away with a label or what every one is screaming is the latest big thing, so i'm have to be extra fussy. This is hard, especially when friends are in bands or are putting out records that i really want to help support. i WANT to be able to support them in what they are doing as i admire them for doing it... just not possible to throw money at everyone.

I've found that i've become tired of the same-old-same-old by some bands too. Far too much style over substance in a lot of it too. I find some can be a bit guitar-noodly, bit too-near-metal-ly and that just doesn't do it for me. Each to their own obviously, but i think its inevitable with a scene which has such a broad spectrum of content.

Maybe my taste is evolving again, maybe i just need someone like The Myrrors, Kikagaku Moyo, Carlton Melton to come along and remind me what proper psych still can be. Maybe i'm just getting old and grumpy.

Sorry, been bugging me for a while. Needed to get that off my chest.

"For the times they are a-changin..."
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I noticed a new collaboration between Dungen & Woods has been released on Mexican Summer

listened to couple of songs and wasn't bowled over. this is pretty groovy though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpnyVtP4znM
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

really enjoyin the new album from Minami Deutsch
- With Dim Light

"Minami Deutsch is back at it again with their latest LP "With Dim Light". Whilst softening their sound and cushioning the blow, you can expect a more profound diversity in their sound, whilst retaining the principle ingredients that make Minami Deutsch so great such as their signature fuzz, thumping bass and dream like vocals. There is a heavier experimentation in regards to genre exploration. With hints of post punk and nods to late 60s psychedelic rock, this shows that Minami Deutsch is willing to push musical boundaries further whilst retaining a clever songwriting ability to achieve this album."

https://minamideutschggb.bandcamp.com/a ... -dim-light
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

One for BZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLXRvgAK8Uk

From Aquarium Drunkard:

Known to live out of an ever-traveling RV, and nearly impossible to track down for an interview, Stone’s rumored tales of debauchery and excess are too numerous to even begin to tackle here. But perhaps most fascinating of all is the potential existence of as many as a thousand unheard songs recorded since the early 1980s. Reportedly built using MIDI, samples, and ProTools, few have heard the majority of these fabled recordings, though some have described the work as similar to Miles Davis’ disjointed On The Corner…while others have insensitively described them as something like “Prince on crack,” which may be why the family and estate are protective of the material. However, one remarkable song in particular has made its way onto the Internet. Titled “Coming Back For More”, the autobiographical song’s lyrics include reflective lines on drug use and past relationships, ending with a sample of Little Sister singing the chorus of “Family Affair” before fading out prematurely. In time, fans can only hope that more songs from the fabled “Casio garage demos” will someday appear, because if they’re anywhere near this good, they certainly demand to be heard. words
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Tony VIsconti on the Bowie mashup he created for the David Bowie IS museum exhibit.

https://player.fm/series/studio-360-wit ... wie-mashup
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Design.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The new Jon Hopkins album Singularity, its a slow burn but its starting to work its magic, his last one I played to death, can see this one being the same,
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Just been listening to the new Courntey Barnett Album, Tell me how you really feel.
It is a bit disappointing I think. It plods along and lacks the distinctiveness of the first two releases.

Anyone else heard it?
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

clewsr wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:20 am Just been listening to the new Courntey Barnett Album, Tell me how you really feel.
It is a bit disappointing I think. It plods along and lacks the distinctiveness of the first two releases.

Anyone else heard it?
Yep, and I agree with your summary. I would add 'dull' to 'plods along' if I were being brutally honest. :wink:
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Lots and lots of BJM...

Someone on the BJM Facebook page posted a link to a whole bunch of live shows (soundboard and audience recordings) as well as few other nuggets too. I know they can often split opinion but i have always liked their output regardless of the nonsense thats often tarnished their reputation.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Laz69 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 am Lots and lots of BJM...

Someone on the BJM Facebook page posted a link to a whole bunch of live shows (soundboard and audience recordings) as well as few other nuggets too. I know they can often split opinion but i have always liked their output regardless of the nonsense thats often tarnished their reputation.
Oooh, sounds interesting. Please post the link :D
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I think the new Courtney Barnett album is really strong. The production is great and the songwriting is probably stronger than the last record. Definitely wouldn't use the word "plodding" to describe it.

I've been getting into Swans album, Soundtracks for the Blind. I saw them live once, but have never delved into their recordings. Pretty crazy album.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

olan wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 am Oooh, sounds interesting. Please post the link :D
Its someone's Dropbox folder. He said he would leave it available indefinitely, so it should be available for a while.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vgm34jr1q548 ... FrAna?dl=0
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

TheWarmth wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:05 pm I've been getting into Swans album, Soundtracks for the Blind. I saw them live once, but have never delved into their recordings. Pretty crazy album.
this is a great Swans record, unlike any of their other work. the smorgasboard of found sounds, samples, loops etc.. the nearest comparison is early Godspeed I reckon.

did you know it's being reissued soon with some extra stuff?

I'm hoping they also reissue Swans are Dead which is a live album from that tour
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I did see that there is a 4 x LP version of Soundtracks for the Blind up for pre-order. I'm not sure I want to drop $75 on it, though.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

The New Asteroid #4 album... man, its so fucking good! 8)

And i get to see them later this year too for the first time EVER!!!! :D
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Laz69 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:48 am The New Asteroid #4 album... man, its so fucking good! 8)

And i get to see them later this year too for the first time EVER!!!! :D
Where did you pick this up from Laz? I'm keen to get this too.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Yes, I see that the A4 album is available on vinyl (not in UK stores yet?) and download, but no CD version as yet. CD is my preferred medium noawdays, so hope that is in the pipe line.

Got the new Wooden Shijps album yesterday and loving that - especially tracks 4,5 and 6 - flippin' magic!

Ste
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Shinesalight wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:47 pm Where did you pick this up from Laz? I'm keen to get this too.
Been waiting on the limited vinyl becoming available (ordered yesterday) but have been listening via bandcamp a lot. The song "Ghost Garden" is just fuckin gorgeous but its a wonderful album throughout! :D
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Beach House " 7 " just dropped about a week ago or so and some of the songs are produced by Sonic Boom.
This new album brings their number of songs in their catalog to 7. This is their 7th album. And their initial release number is 777.

Fantastic. Both shows at the Fox Theatre (Oakland) on Aug.7/8 are sold out already ! Dreamy landscapes ...
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Gloriously hot and sunny bank holiday so to soundtrack my painting of the garden fence, weeding and tan attainment I opted for Lazer Guided Melodies, Live Dead and Munki. No complaints from the neighbours.

As I type i've just realised that Munki is twenty years old. No wonder I feel jaded and cynical these days.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Craang - To The Estimated Size Of The Universe: https://craang.bandcamp.com/album/to-th ... e-universe

Heavy fuzzy psych jams that some here will dig. Quite a sound for a three piece but not sure about the (occasional) vocals.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Weed Pleasure: https://weedpleasure.bandcamp.com/album/weed-pleasure

For fans of Carlton Melton, Neil Young and Dead Meadow. To my ears anyway, feel free to disagree!

Ads, I could see this on DRR (weed coloured vinyl) :wink:
asd2112
Known user

Post by asd2112 »

Hi,

I haven't posted here in probably a decade but the prospect of a new album from Spiritualized brought me back. Also I'm pretty sure most people here would dig Vast Asteroid. https://vastasteroid.bandcamp.com/album/vast-asteroid

Got the vinyl in the mail today and have been listening non-stop. So that's what i'm listening to right now.
Cheers
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

O P 8
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Julian Cope - Jehovahkill

Spinning my newish vinyl copy and revelling in every minute of it. Truly one of the greatest albums ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KRBZvEYpPc
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

BzaInSpace wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:16 pm https://youtu.be/WY8hqzYT_uk

Magnificent.
Oh man, Homework! What a stone-cold all time classic, and it's been far too long since I indulged. Once Jehovahkill's finished, Homework beckons :)
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Infinite Music - A Tribute To La Monte Young

Sonic Boom's giving it some serious synth drone on this. Marvellous stuff.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Electric Wizard- Dopethrone

I think it was runcible of this here parish who first brought this band to my attention. I could get used to this heavy shit! 8)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:10 pm Electric Wizard- Dopethrone

I think it was runcible of this here parish who first brought this band to my attention. I could get used to this heavy shit! 8)
Have you heard the Supercoven EP? Probably their most psych record. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4moXaSp9bY
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:13 am
angelsighs wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:10 pm Electric Wizard- Dopethrone

Have you heard the Supercoven EP? Probably their most psych record. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4moXaSp9bY
Ooh nope not heard that I will check it out!
Stonedutch
Known user

Post by Stonedutch »

Ken Boothe - I Wish It Could Be Peaceful (1970)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwjR3tMoEws
"Where I stand is only three miles from space ..."
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

T.C. Lethbridge - 2000 T.C.

For fans of the mighty Doggen, this was/is his 'proper' band during the time he juggled duties with Julian Cope and latterly Spiritualized. It's wonderful stuff - the song I just listened to sounded like a proto-version of Queens of the Stone Age! - and there's mountains of Doggen's mighty guitar work to drool over :)
Stonedutch
Known user

Post by Stonedutch »

Roky Erickson- Don't Slander Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BqnLBjmmb4
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Have to say the Mortimer/Whitehouse fishing programme is probably the best show on tv just now, brilliant stuff,
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Been listening to the debut album by Talea Jacta this week and its really impressed me. Consisting of 10,000 Russos guitarist Pedro Pestana and percussionist João Pais Filipe, they have a really chilled drone thing going on. Like a more chilled 10,000 Russos. Don't care what you call it, but its bloody good! You can check it out/download from here

I'm sure a few of you will dig!
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

I'm really enjoying the teaser track (Up in the Sky) from Clint Sargent's new project "True Primitives". Album out later this month. To my ears - maybe it's the vocal - sounds abit like early Dandy Warhols.

https://trueprimitives.bandcamp.com/releases

Ste
Stonedutch
Known user

Post by Stonedutch »

Sam Dees - Lonely For You Baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMLsdaL6Q1g
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Just listened to "Village Idiot Dope", Julian Cope's latest album with his new Dope project:

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/merchandiser/item/HH33/

and because my digital jukebox thingamajig plays albums in alphabetical order if I don't intervene, I'm now listening to "Vintage Violence" by John Cale.