Fantasy Premier League 2018-2019

Post by spzretent »

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/lea ... 62/classic
Once again the league is:
Fuzzhead's Spacemen.
Code to join: 1486059-336062
All welcome.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
LunarTunes
Known user

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2018-2019

Post by LunarTunes »

Nice! Thanks! Just joined. Starting from behind, then, but all good :D
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Welcome. The more the merrier.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
KevW
Known user

Post by KevW »

Just signed up as well. A little late, but I only discovered the forum still existed today! I've missed a lot...
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I LOVE IT ! We are seeing an implosion at it's best - United. Mou has lost the plot.

Mou: " I demand respect. I demand respect. " - rambling still out of the press conference :shock:

Where's Paul Pogba ? He's like a ghost that disappears. Many wonderful players want out i.e. - Martial, Pogba, Darmian.

Will Mou get the sack first and/or will just walk off for good ? Does he last beyond September ? Many unanswered questions ...
KevW
Known user

Post by KevW »

spacemanrich wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:40 am I LOVE IT ! We are seeing an implosion at it's best - United. Mou has lost the plot.

Mou: " I demand respect. I demand respect. " - rambling still out of the press conference :shock:

Where's Paul Pogba ? He's like a ghost that disappears. Many wonderful players want out i.e. - Martial, Pogba, Darmian.

Will Mou get the sack first and/or will just walk off for good ? Does he last beyond September ? Many unanswered questions ...
Whether Utd are winning everything or in the kind of state they are now, it's never cool to be a Utd fan. Well, I am one. What's happening with Mourinho now has happened in the past (most notably at his second spell at Chelsea). He has no clue how to turn around a situation like this, he's never done it before. I doubt he'll be able to do it now, if he does it'll be a first for him and he can be considered a true great. No questioning the success he's had in the past, but this situation he's never been in and the true greats have been able to revive things. His attitude and petulance drives me mad.
KevW
Known user

Post by KevW »

Anyway... my team has now been added to the fantasy football league, and I'm top. I had 3 Spurs players in my team. Every cloud and all that...
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Moron was involved in selecting players of his choosing (350 million pounds) that include Darmian, Bailly, Fred, Sanchez, et al. In fact, the top 5 highest paid PL players has (3) ManU players: Sanchez, Pogba and Lukaku. A lot of clubs have done more with less. Look at Watford, Bournemouth - i know it's too early to judge these clubs now. And so he can't really say he " doesn't have players ". The whole ManU lineup exceeds the GDP of most small island nations - no kidding !

They say it's the " 3rd year syndrome " for him where it goes downhill with his second stint at Chelsea and Real Madrid. I don't know about his Inter days ?

It'll be interesting to see who wins - Mou or Woodward ? Maybe neither ?
KevW
Known user

Post by KevW »

I'd be happy to see the back of both of them. He was inly at Inter for 2 seasons I think.
space
Known user

Post by space »

KevW wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:48 pm I'd be happy to see the back of both of them. He was inly at Inter for 2 seasons I think.

he won the trebble and then went to real madrid...hardly disgraced!
KevW
Known user

Post by KevW »

space wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:29 pm
KevW wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:48 pm I'd be happy to see the back of both of them. He was inly at Inter for 2 seasons I think.

he won the trebble and then went to real madrid...hardly disgraced!
Didn't say it was. Spacemanrich said he didn't know about the 3rd season in his Inter days, way just answering.
space
Known user

Post by space »

KevW wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:48 pm
Didn't say it was. Spacemanrich said he didn't know about the 3rd season in his Inter days, way just answering.
ah, my bad. but, generally speaking, the third season theory is a myth
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

KevW wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:21 am Anyway... my team has now been added to the fantasy football league, and I'm top. I had 3 Spurs players in my team. Every cloud and all that...
Unsurprising that didn't last long! Just checked after this weekend's games and we had an awful week. Down to 5th now. (This is the artist formerly known as KevW by the way - been updating loads of online stuff because loads of things are on old email addresses I no longer use, so I re-registered with a new one)
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Is Frank Lampard the Brian Clough at Derby ? I, guess Pogba won't be captain anymore. :shock:
space
Known user

Post by space »

spacemanrich wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:09 am Is Frank Lampard the Brian Clough at Derby ? I, guess Pogba won't be captain anymore. :shock:
pogba was never captain...

it's just gossip being leaked out. hardly news worthy
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I, guess it's fake news as dotard Trump would say.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-u ... ho-sources
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

It's Hammer Time !

Pogba vs. Mouhrino vs. Woodward - the 3 stooges

Bring back David Moyes ( The Chosen One )
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

spacemanrich wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:40 am It's Hammer Time !

Pogba vs. Mouhrino vs. Woodward - the 3 stooges

Bring back David Moyes ( The Chosen One )
As a Utd fan, I'd rather have Moyes! I still think he deserved longer than he got, and Woodward didn't help that situation by being inept. Mourinho, I think everyone will agree, can't fix situations like this. He never has. He has to go. Woodward... well he pisses me off. Surely he can be doing a better job? Moyes joined, and what transfers did he secure that summer? From memory, I think it was Varela (people would be right to think 'WHO?' and, in deadline day excitement, Fellaini! This summer's transfer window was a disaster as well. Woodward and Mourinho have to go as soon as possible. Pogba? Have to wait and see what he'll be like under a new manager. But he can stop pissing about with haircuts and instagram. Not doing himself any favours.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

BillyWhizz, you gotta to check this out, it is hilarious !

ESPN did a segment on Pogba's hairstyle. I'm keen on # 12 (Zebra) and # 15 (Cheetah Spots).

No, your right. #1 Fuck your hairstyle #2 Stay off social media.

Benjamin Mendy was in the doghouse with Pep with his social media antics. Continue with that and he'll be playing with Hamburg FC !

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-toe ... -your-no-1
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

spacemanrich wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:34 pm BillyWhizz, you gotta to check this out, it is hilarious !

ESPN did a segment on Pogba's hairstyle. I'm keen on # 12 (Zebra) and # 15 (Cheetah Spots).

No, your right. #1 Fuck your hairstyle #2 Stay off social media.

Benjamin Mendy was in the doghouse with Pep with his social media antics. Continue with that and he'll be playing with Hamburg FC !

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-toe ... -your-no-1
To be honest (while some of the artistry might be quite clever, like the lightning bolts) I wouldn't allow any of that crap on my head. Being an unsightly, overweight white man pushing middle age means it's not exactly something that would suit, but still.
I wonder what Fergie thinks about it?
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

What a spectacle last night during the Carabou Cup - even better than the match itself. Me thinks that Kepa played his last match at Chelsea. You don't undermine the manager. What a pratt. No ' misunderstanding. ' You just refused to leave the pitch for another gk that could be a better option, since Caballero played for City and may know the tendencies of how City players might place the penalty kicks. Unbelieveable. ChelseaFC is a chaotic club. As I write this, Sarri might be gone by then ... :shock:
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

spacemanrich wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:04 pm What a spectacle last night during the Carabou Cup - even better than the match itself. Me thinks that Kepa played his last match at Chelsea. You don't undermine the manager. What a pratt. No ' misunderstanding. ' You just refused to leave the pitch for another gk that could be a better option, since Caballero played for City and may know the tendencies of how City players might place the penalty kicks. Unbelievable. ChelseaFC is a chaotic club. As I write this, Sarri might be gone by then ... :shock:
Watched most of the match on my laptop with the sound on mute (my son was over and I was playing computer games with him so had the match on the side) but when I noticed how ridiculous things were looking I put the volume on and we both watched it with interest.

I can almost understand how it could have been a misunderstanding... if the reaction of Sarri at the time hadn't been so angry - not to mention the fact that during that amount of time the correct message could have been put across.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Sarri had quit after that. Total disrespect, and it's not like the rest of the team stepped in to help. Looking like typical Chelsea where the players are in charge really.

If I'd have been the boss, I'd have put Caballero on for the shoot-out anyway, and not just because he knows the City players. He's always been a penalty expert, so that would be an asset I'd use. I think the whole situation must have unsettled the team and that's really not good going into a cup final shoot-out...
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Wow, I thought I've seen it all, but this takes the cake. I'm talking about the pitch invader that attacked Jack Grealish. My God, how did he get on the pitch with such ease ? FA should take a hard stance on this one. (5) matches behind closed doors, maybe (2) transfer window bans, something should be done. :oops:
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Fantastic Season ! Came down to the last match day.
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

I only managed 5th in the fantasy football league, although I suppose that's not too bad out of 24.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

" Patience Is A Virtue "

Started off rough pretty much bottom of the table. I think I was 21 out of 24 in the initial beginning, but worked my way up the table. Had a good runup 4-5 weeks prior to the end of the season. On the last day of Fantasy Football League I was 5 points from 2nd place. After the final matches I was 3 points clear of 2nd place ... not bad. Bloody hell, the bloke in 1st place still had a 154 point gap on me.
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

Well, as that bloke in 1st, let me just say that no matter where I finished, I would have had a fun Season. This was only my second time doing this. I did it two years ago to help me learn about the Premier League since my son was into soccer (sorry, football -- we're in Canada). It was going to be a one year deal. But his soccer/football team had a Mini-league in FPL this Season and I thought it would be fun to have my own team outside of that and see how I did compared to them. (I would have won but I'm happy to say that he did -- beating his Coach by a mere 11 Points!). I was happy to find that there was a Mini-league on here I could join since it's more fun to have competition outside of Overall Rank. So thanks for spreading the word on here about it!

I told my son that I wouldn't do FPL again next Season. But he says I should since the only two times I've done it, I started in GW2. He thinks I should try a Season from the start. I have a theory I would do worse that way. So I might have to try it out. But thanks for the friendly competition. It was an exciting Season -- both FPL and the real thing!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I hope you don't play next season :? I don't think ANYONE would caught up with you. 50 points, maybe, but 154 points or so. Geez ... and you started playing the second gameweek ? Well done. BH&A has an open managerial position open.
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

So we were all beaten by a football amateur who even missed a week's points! :lol:

Well done, LunarTunes! :)