What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

angelsighs
Known user

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by angelsighs »

I would also like to hear your musical endeavours if possible toomilk

no judgement from me on the Ashcroft/Gallagher show! are you going more for one or the other?

I'm going to see The Rolling Stones in a few weeks, the support for most dates was either Ashcroft or Liam, however we get The Specials- I think we still got the best deal! although I'd be curious as to what Ashcroft is like live these days.

as for myself, the current calendar looks something like this:

May:
Josh T Pearson

June:
The Rolling Stones
Omni

July:
Preoccupations

September:
Wooden Shjips

October:
Brian Jonestown Massacre

November:
Kurt Vile
Teenage Fanclub

plus perhaps a cheeky psych fest or two.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The Cosmic Dead are playing Rugby on 8th July- support by One Unique Signal and Pete Bassman. cost is a wallet busting £4.54 !

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/33525 ... ounty-club
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Shinesalight wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:57 pm
toomilk wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:52 am June 7th: A Place to Bury Strangers in San Diego - my band is opening up for them
Hey Toomilk, have you got a Bandcamp page or link to some of your music?
https://soundcloud.com/keepers619

Warning: We're not very good.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

angelsighs wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:38 pm no judgement from me on the Ashcroft/Gallagher show! are you going more for one or the other?
I guess more for Liam? I saw Ashcroft last year and it was an interesting show. The highlight was him doing Drugs Don't Work by himself - then they ruined it by launching into a full band version at the end. He looks a lot like Pitbull now and kept complaining that no label in America will release his records. His best songs sounded good, but there were several duds early in the set. Overall it was good, but just felt weird...maybe going through the motions, but trying to convince everyone that his music is "real" - whatever that means. The main guitarist looks like Nick McCabe and the bassist looks like Simon Jones.

I think my overall takeaway from the Ashcroft show was that he tries too hard with a full band. It's as if he's trying to recreate the sound and chemistry of The Verve, but it just comes off as a little sad. However, the songs he did by himself with an acoustic guitar blew my mind and had me on the verge of tears. They were effortless and natural and focused on how great some of his songs are. I guess that's what's wrong with his newer records - he should just focus on the songwriting and not the production (which on the newest record is absolutely horrible).

Anyways...I'm American. Take my money and don't mention Trump.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Well, he must have seen my post. He's playing an acoustic set on Friday! hahahaha
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

toomilk wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:43 am
Shinesalight wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:57 pm
toomilk wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:52 am June 7th: A Place to Bury Strangers in San Diego - my band is opening up for them
Hey Toomilk, have you got a Bandcamp page or link to some of your music?
https://soundcloud.com/keepers619

Warning: We're not very good.
with that level of self deprecation are you sure you're not British?? :)

I think Ashcroft still has a lot going for him- not least, his voice seems better than ever. there's still something that makes him rise about most of your average singer songwriters. but just wish he had better material for that voice to sing.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Been a little quiet of late, had a couple of Mind Exodus gigs of my own Cat Called Dog and Bones Shake, plus a great set from Mark Peters (some of it was a lovely ear spltting MBV style of ambient, many on here will approve) at the Salty Dog in Northwich
Also caught Goat Girl in Liverpool (remind of Elastica fronting the Fall, really good), plus Hookworms first night in Salford (very good, bloody cold venue though) and Palace Winter at Soup Kitchen (quite poppy but lots of hooks and melodies, plus gets little shoegazey at times. Plus my new band have been busy writing and rehearsing, more of that when we have some recordings. I will namedrop slightly though and tell you Si Jones from The Verve will be the engineer when we do record #justsayin :)

Anyway big week next week for us Northwichers as it CW9 North by Northwich,
so Monday the good lady and me walk 200 yards to the harlequin Theatre for an "in conversation with Tim Burgess", then a further 220 yards straight after that for Denise Johnson playing live in a tiny bar basically, then a a huge yomp of maybe 400 yards and The Chatlatans at Northwich Memorial Court( capacity 700 so tickets were all sold for all 4 nights in minutes)
Tuesday its Charlatans quiz at the Salty Dog, which i full intend to win !
Wednesday Charlatans again, and Thursday and Friday. All within minutes of my house
The support slots are all playing at venues around Northwich before the main gigs (allowing plenty of time to get from A to B), there is talks, film screening, an exhibition (which i poked my nose into last night), a record fair, its all happening
Do I sound excited ? I confess the band are not what they were to me although have seen them 25 times thus far. But the 90's output was by and large consistently excellent and with Up To Our Hips on of my top 20 albums of all time, so I'm all over this
Anyway after the excitement dies down the runners and riders are as follows

22nd May Radar Men From The Moon/Stupid Cosmonaut at Star&Garter Manchester
4th June Courtney Barnett-Manchester Academy
8th Bardo Pond-Leeds Brudenell
12th Belly Manchester Ritz
19th June Low-Leeds Brudenell
7th July Hyde Park Cure/Ride/Slowdive etc
21st August Black Angels Manchester Ritz
1st Sept Manchester Pysch Fest (mainly for Asteroid#4)
15th Sept Wooden Shjips Manchester Gorilla

probably other things in between all that
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Car Seat Headrest next Friday,
Monster Magnet early June,
Earthless end of July,
JAMC, Kendrick Lamar and possibly a Mogwai show for August,
Wooden Shjips in Sept,
That`s how my summer is shaping up gigwise.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Whew got to catch my breathe with the slew of upcoming shows this summer stateside:

May 26 - Brian Jonestown Massacre (S.F.)
May 29 - GodSpeedYouBlackEmperor! (Oakland)
June 25 - Belle et Sebastian (Oakland)
July 7 - Beach House (Oakland)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Life being the way it is I can no longer post long lists of upcoming gigs like I used to :(

I could post a list of what i'd like to go to or, what a year ago, I would have been going to but alas I can only post definites as they rapidly approach. So with that in mind, next week I have
The Underground Youth
Leftfield

Damo Suzuki is on the day after Leftfield but I shall have to forego that in favour of destroying my nerves watching Liverpool in the Champions League Final.
The Breeders are on the day after that but the last time I saw them I swore I wouldn't bother going to them again, so who knows? Tickets are €35 and I am finding it harder and harder to justify shelling out anything over €30 for gigs in recent years (There are exceptions of course).
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

List never changes too much for me.... ha!

Courtney Barnett
Plank
LCD Soundsystem
The Cure / Slowdive / Interpol / Ride
LOOP
Low
Luna
Spiritualized
David Byrne
Roger Waters
Teenage Fanclub
Kikagaku Moyo
John Grant
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Tonight, i have the pleasure of catching Gospelbeach in Glasgow. Some wonderful Californian sunshine pop! Perfect for this weather (although maybe not for the basement venue of Broadcast!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkP-pspU-tE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFrp8XAtA5k

Saw them on their first trip to the UK and they totally nailed it. Very long time since i left a gig smiling and dancing with such joy. Totally feel good and upbeat stuff which makes a real change from the usual gigs.

If they are coming near you i highly recommend catching them. Brent (singer) is a lovely bloke and was previously in The Tyde and Beachwood Sparks back in the 90s.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

My Bloody Valentine are doing a warmup the day before Meltdown.. in Birmingham!
got my ticket on the presale this morning.

heard more rumours about an EP coming out too.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

after a fairly slow start to the year for me, latter half is looking nice. still to come:

Earthless (very much looking forward to ticking these off the list)
Ride (festival warmup in a venue pretty much walking distance from my house, no less)
Brian Jonestown Massacre
Kurt Vile & The Violators
Teenage Fanclub (Grand Prix/Songs From Northern Britain night)
Mogwai & The Twilight Sad (chuffed about this, two for the price of one!)
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Summer bummer festival, 25 august at the Studio, Anwerp, Belgium.
Featuring:
-Founder Effect with J Spaceman
-Joe McPhee
-Mette Rasmussen
-Dennis Tyfus
-Didi Kern
-Philip Quehenberger
-Alexander Hawkins
-Tobias Delius
-Eric Boeren
-Rodrigo Amado
-Gonçalo Almeida
-Onno Govaert
-Gabbro 4

Info: soundinmotion.be
"Thank you"
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Lumerians
Kathryn Joseph
SPIRITUALIZED
La Luz
Joan Armatrading
BJM (Brighton)
Beach House
BJM (London)
Rolling Blackouts coastal fever
Kurt Vile
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Wooden Shjips
Spiritualized
Mogwai

Also, in a fit of nostalgia, I bought tickets for shows by Dead Can Dance in Lisbon in May next year.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Wooden ships Manchester this Saturday,also at the Astral Elevator weekend psych thing although probably swerve the Sunday finishes far too late for a school night
Suede at Leeds Brudenell doing the new album plus a greatest hits type encore
Mogwai in Liverpool
Mark Lanegan and Duke Garwood in Manchester
Teenage Fanclub managed to score all 3 nights in Manchester
Ryley Walker in Manchester
Nick Mason’s saucerful of Secrets at Manchester Apollo
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

Sort of into yet another music slump here.. but I have a work trip to Barcelona in 3 weeks time, and I was able to book flights a couple of days early soooo.. I've purchased my ticket for Spiritualized @ Razzmatazz :D
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Busy week ahead of five gigs in six days:
Low
Suuns supported by Vive La Void (Sanae from Moon Duo's solo project) which is my main reason for going.
BJM
Magic Shoppe
Idles (Long 'sold out' some tickets were just released today and i managed to grab one).

Was offered free tickets for Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! but i wasn't interested enough to push myself into doing six consecutive nights.

*Edited to include Idles addition.
Last edited by sunray on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O tomorrow in Basel, IDLES next month in Munich, Jimi Tenor's Big Band at the amazing Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg in January...Still waiting on SPZ dates for next year before planning a possible US golf/SPZ fusion holiday, but I may well attend the Paradiso show anyway. :)
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

Lord Huron @ IWF, Liverpool
Bonobo @ Mayfield Depot, Manchester
Mogwai @ Olympia, Liverpool
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I thought about Magic Shoppe but unfortunately was busy that night..

rest of 2018 now looks like this:

Kurt Vile
Teenage Fanclub
Mogwai/Twilight Sad
Ride (acoustic)- (going up to Manchester for this)

some possibles for rest of the year and into 2019 include: (can make last minute decisions on these as unlikely they will sell out)

Woven Skull
The KVB
Night Beats
Hey Colossus
Pigs x 7
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm going to see Low in St Paul in 2 weeks.

Just purchased tickets to these shows:
-Neko Case in San Diego
-Sharon Van Etten in San Diego
-Sharon Van Etten in LA
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

got ticket for Steve Gunn next April. really looking forward to this, one of my favourite current artists. not seen him since the 2nd album as well, so not seen the fantastic songs from the last album yet in the live arena.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

First night of TFC's 3-night residency at the Barras tonight for me. Bandwagonesque and Thirteen played in full. Gonna be something else! 8)
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

TFC at Manchester next Mon, Tue and Wednesday

after that Mogwai and Twilight sad in Luverpool

Putting on Sunstack Jones at salty Dog in Northwich on Nov 16th for those that like Real Estate, The La's, Hanging Stars, The Byrds, The Feelies etc etc you get the vibe

Also tickets for Mercury Rev, Ride Acoustic procured

Deciding on Ryley walker but probably a yes

Less sure is The Heads, cant seem to get into this type of Music currently. Sold loads of Psych type bands stuff recently, just does nothing for me at all. Listening to far more song based stuff, folk, americana and electronica. But that will change no doubt
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Definites, probables and possibles for the rest of 2018:

Tess Parks
TAU
Gruff Rhys
Warmduscher
Greg Fox Quadrinity
Kurt Vile
Pia Fraus/Ulrich Schnauss/Mark Peters
Scientist and Horseman
Bell Witch
There are others but hey, you can't do them all!

Hope to pick up a ticket on Friday for Massive Attack's 'Mezzanine XXI' gig in February.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:17 pm
Ulrich Schnauss is playing Birmingham early next year, it's being billed as a career retrospective, put on by Seventh Wave who promote a lot of the electronic stuff in the area..

I did see him before many years ago (supporting Maps- anyone remember them?) but I can't remember much :/ still think it could be my sort of thing.. also the gig finishes by 10pm, is it sad that I find this really appealing!

also thought about Massive Attack but it's in arenas which I can't imagine being a scintillating experience!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Here Lies Man,
The Heads,
Pigs x7,
and Glasvegas with my daughter should see out the gig going yr for me.

Have tickets for next yr so far for The Lucid Dream and The Twilight Sad,
freddiehubbard
Known user

Post by freddiehubbard »

angelsighs wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:59 pm
sunray wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:17 pm
Ulrich Schnauss is playing Birmingham early next year, it's being billed as a career retrospective, put on by Seventh Wave who promote a lot of the electronic stuff in the area..

I did see him before many years ago (supporting Maps- anyone remember them?) but I can't remember much :/ still think it could be my sort of thing..
Saw Ulrich a couple of weeks ago in Nottm, was great. if you like that sort of gauzy, shoegazey electronica. he also mixed Exit Calms first album if you like that sort of thing (also gauzy , shoegazey lol)

and yep, I remember Maps too
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

It's been a while, but another Maps fan here! I have to admit the last of their music I remember buying was the Sonic Cathedral split Maps/M83 remix single, which was rather good.

I was inspired to have a listen, but sadly it seems my Maps and related CDs are in storage.

By sheer chance I was looking for something different to listen to via a memory card on my phone yesterday, and was delighted to discover the Rob McVey remix of Ulrich Schnauss' Look At The Sky - which used to be a staple of my occasional DJ sets, many years ago.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

That first Maps album was/is great, as were various B sides from that era. However for me they are one of the bands who declined rapidly as I found the second album a big disappointment, plus the gig I saw on that tour was awful. They had gone from a slightly shoegazey guitar band to just him and another bloke with a laptop kinda deal.

Anyway, I digress..
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:02 pm That first Maps album was/is great, as were various B sides from that era. However for me they are one of the bands who declined rapidly as I found the second album a big disappointment, plus the gig I saw on that tour was awful. They had gone from a slightly shoegazey guitar band to just him and another bloke with a laptop kinda deal.

Anyway, I digress..
Is that the same tour where Ulrich Schnauss was supporting? I remember Maps as having a full band that night and Mr. Schnauss just being a man with a laptop. I could be wrong of course.
My recollection is that both were dull and uninteresting. Especially Maps, who were dreadful.
Thing is I hadn't heard either act beforehand, I just went because i'd read good things about both. Left me feeling rather puzzled that this was what folks were getting excited about when talking about a shoegaze revival :? :roll:
I did check out Maps albums subsequently and thought they were utter pants :arrow:
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

i respectfully disagree Joycey- as I said, I still enjoy that first Maps album. perhaps shoegazey isn't the right word, they are definitely quite poppy but I can also hear some Lazer Guided Melodies in there too.

the tour with Ulrich Schnauss- Maps were full band, he was on a laptop.
then on the next tour Maps was just him, and one other guy (both either on laptops or keyboards- can't quite remember.) That show was definitely pants!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Each to their own!
Thank you for confirming my memory is still intact though :D
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

angelsighs wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:02 pm That first Maps album was/is great, as were various B sides from that era. However for me they are one of the bands who declined rapidly as I found the second album a big disappointment, plus the gig I saw on that tour was awful. They had gone from a slightly shoegazey guitar band to just him and another bloke with a laptop kinda deal.

Anyway, I digress..
Strangely enough, my 5 year old boy was going through some of my old CDs and has become rather obssesed with that first Maps album. He won't get out of the car until his favourite track finishes!

I remember loving that first album but it has aged quite a bit. The follow up is woeful. I remember seeing them/him live in Brighton and being pretty impressed.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Shinesalight wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:54 pm
Strangely enough, my 5 year old boy was going through some of my old CDs and has become rather obssesed with that first Maps album. He won't get out of the car until his favourite track finishes!
sounds like a chip off the old block Shines. he'll be asking for Bardo Pond next!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Seems like next year's schedules are coming together well...

Low in Tijuana
Low in Tustin (no idea what that place is)
Low in LA
Low in Birmingham
Low in London
Low in Kortrijk
Nils Frahm in LA (perhaps...)
...Trail of Dead playing Madonna + more in Manchester
Robyn Hitchcock in Huddersfield
Robyn Hitchcock in Chester
Nick Low in Manchester
Sharon Van Etten in Brussels
Kraftwerk in Gothenburg
Cave In / Old Man Gloom in London
Saint Etienne in London
The Cure in Glasgow
Kiss in Manchester
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Yep some good ones forthcoming

Dandy Warhol’s in Manchester
Robyn Hitchcock in Huddersfield looks good matinee show
Nicole Atkins in Chester
Micheal Chapman in Chester
White Denim in Manchester
Kristin Hersh either Manchester or Liverpool
Steve Gunn in Manchester
Kraftwerk at Jodrill Bank
Bob Mould Manchester
Liminanas in Manchester

Few more that escape me currently
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

current calendar:

Trail of Dead
Dylan Carlson
Michael Chapman
Steve Gunn
Hibushibure
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

February ~ Micah P Hinson
Liminanas
Kathryn Joseph
The Cult of Dom Keller
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Kicking off 2019 tomorrow (Jan.19) with Fucked Up. Then it's a mix of definites, probables and hopefuls:

The Messthetics (Fugazi rhythm section with an avant-jazz guitarist).
Liminanas
Toy
Gum Takes Tooth
Electric Eel Shock
Massive Attack 'Mezzanine XXI' (Ticket bought)
The Comet Is Coming
The Armed
Idles (Ticket bought)
Yak
The Viagra Boys
Oh Sees (Ticket bought)
The Wedding Present
The Cure (Ticket bought)

That lot brings me up to June.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:58 pm
these are also playing Birmingham. to be honest, I've never really listened to Fugazi despite them being fairly legendary. might still check them out as I like jazzy stuff, plus they are being put on by the promoters behind Supersonic festival- I trust their taste (most of the time)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Is that the February gig in Dublin? I am supposed to be going to that too.
Noddy
Known user

Post by Noddy »

Massive Attack - Mezzanine show at Glasgow Hydro a week on Monday.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

olan wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:21 am
Is that the February gig in Dublin? I am supposed to be going to that too.
Tis indeed Olan. I won't be out and about beforehand but I can meet at the venue for a natter (obviously not during the music. Don't want to be one of those wankers :wink: ).
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:25 pm
these are also playing Birmingham. to be honest, I've never really listened to Fugazi despite them being fairly legendary. might still check them out as I like jazzy stuff, plus they are being put on by the promoters behind Supersonic festival- I trust their taste (most of the time)
I was listening to the album at the weekend, didn't find it particularly jazzy though. I suspect that in the live setting they have the capacity to head off in any direction of their choosing. Could be a very good gig.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:46 pm

I was listening to the album at the weekend, didn't find it particularly jazzy though. I suspect that in the live setting they have the capacity to head off in any direction of their choosing. Could be a very good gig.
I'll have a listen. the gig is on a Monday night though which is never an appealing thought, especially as I get older!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

listened to Messthetics (both the album and a live session on youtube) on first impressions- I like it a bit, but it never seemed to ignite into anything special. the guitarist does some nice stuff that's a bit more proggy or math rock (i'd agree, not really jazz as such..), however there's the nagging feeling that it's not that much better than what's happening in a thousand rehearsal rooms across the land?

might still go out of curiosity, also as you said I get the impression that a live show could go off in all sorts of directions.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Forthcoming :

Low
Frahm
Spiritualized
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Kikagaku Moyo- The Blind Pig Feb 23
The Chills- Outer Limits Feb 26
MottThe Hoople- The Fillmore April 5
Spiritualized- Royal Oak Theater April 10
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Spacemannn
Known user

Post by Spacemannn »

van morrison
tim hecker
james blake
nils frahm
foals
spiritualized
massive attack
modeselektor
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

A Certain Ratio are playing a tiny venue pretty much down the road from me.. but tickets are just a hair under £30! :/ very surprised by this as the venue usually houses bands costing a fraction of that!
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:30 am A Certain Ratio are playing a tiny venue pretty much down the road from me.. but tickets are just a hair under £30! :/ very surprised by this as the venue usually houses bands costing a fraction of that!
Yep, their other recent shows have been very pricey too. I've not seen them for years too. Must make up for that this year.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

olan wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:59 pm
angelsighs wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:30 am A Certain Ratio are playing a tiny venue pretty much down the road from me.. but tickets are just a hair under £30! :/ very surprised by this as the venue usually houses bands costing a fraction of that!
Yep, their other recent shows have been very pricey too. I've not seen them for years too. Must make up for that this year.
yeah I mean for me i'm not hugely knowledgeable about them but just wanted to catch them.. however £30 is a bit much for a punt isn't it? :/
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Mr Mason at Belgrave Music Hall tonight, sooo looking forward he is always good value and loving new album :D
'Remember, change is not good'
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Kikagaku Moyo just announced their debut Irish appearance. Ticket procured :D

Fourth week in May is looking particularly busy with Beak, Oh Sees, Kikagaku Moyo and The Wedding Present all occuring within seven days.
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Tomorrownight the Oscillation are playing my hometown Antwerp. Are they worth to go to? I only know their first 2 releases, so don't know the musical direction they are heading..
"Thank you"
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

herman wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:47 am Tomorrownight the Oscillation are playing my hometown Antwerp. Are they worth to go to? I only know their first 2 releases, so don't know the musical direction they are heading..
Yes, definitely. If the recent live album is anything to go by, it will be good!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The Twilight Sad at Barrowlands tonight, looking forward to this one, their recent album is easily my fav release so far this yr,
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:24 am The Twilight Sad at Barrowlands tonight, looking forward to this one, their recent album is easily my fav release so far this yr,
Have a good one, they always give 100% at every show for sure (well James certainly does)
I'm hearing whispers of a more extensive UK tour later in the year so definitely hoping to catch them then.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Off to Stockholm tomorrow with Mrs Shines. On Saturday night 3 Swedish bands I've worked with on Drone Rock Records are putting on a show and then, on Sunday we're going to see Spiritualized in a gorgeous venue. Life is good 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Shinesalight wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 pm Off to Stockholm tomorrow with Mrs Shines. On Saturday night 3 Swedish bands I've worked with on Drone Rock Records are putting on a show and then, on Sunday we're going to see Spiritualized in a gorgeous venue. Life is good 8)
Jealous as fuck Adam! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hope you have a wonderful time! :D
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Bob Mould this Sunday in Manchester, followed by Kristin Hersh in Salford on Friday.

Piroshka at the end of the month along with Sunday days session of 6Music festival, Cope, Clinic and a few others of interest appearing

Tricky to book things with certainty for me now as we (our band) are getting more bookings now we have a physical product (albeit not pressed up yet) and a few gigs behind us. One gig we have booked I'm super exited about later in the year, alas I cant say much yet as they are announcing bands in a drip fed fashion.

Good times though, good times
JaninaPleasant
New user

Post by JaninaPleasant »

I am extremely desirous of the CRB set! Having missed the Crowes when they came here in July I would simply love to see something to do with them live...
Last edited by JaninaPleasant on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.