Spectrum 2019 shows ...

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

veiko
Known user

Spectrum 2019 shows ...

Post by veiko »

2019 shows ...

Friday 5 April - Barcelona Psych Fest , Barcelona
Thur 9 May - Alice- Copenhagen, Denmark
Fri 10 May - Folk Bar - Gothenburg, Sweden
Sat 11 May - Slaktkyrkan - Stockholm, Sweden
Sun 12 May - Revolver - Oslo, Norway
Tue 14 May - The Lanes - Bristol
Wed 15 May - Yes- Pink Room - Manchester
Thur 16 May - Dingwalls - London

More shows in Scandinavia, than in UK :D
KingHarry
Known user

Re: Spectrum 2019 shows ...

Post by KingHarry »

Really pleasing.
I've already got tickets for the London show and now playing in Manchester also, which is down the road for me, so will probably see consecutive nights.
Pretty sure Pete's not played Manchester since the cancelled gig about 10? years ago?
selib
Known user

Post by selib »

Has anyone seen Spectrum recently?

How good is it? How many people does Peter play with? What songs does he do?

I'm thinking of flying to Oslo for his show, but if it's just kinda drone, then it may not be worth the flight/taking time off work. (Not to say I don't like drone, but I'd be looking at a 250€+ trip)
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

veiko wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:58 pm 2019 shows ...

Friday 5 April - Barcelona Psych Fest , Barcelona
Thur 9 May - Alice- Copenhagen, Denmark
Fri 10 May - Folk Bar - Gothenburg, Sweden
Sat 11 May - Slaktkyrkan - Stockholm, Sweden
Sun 12 May - Revolver - Oslo, Norway
Tue 14 May - The Lanes - Bristol
Wed 15 May - Yes- Pink Room - Manchester
Thur 16 May - Dingwalls - London

More shows in Scandinavia, than in UK :D
Tomorrow in Copenhagen. See ya there :twisted:
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Barcelona show on u tube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhs4Rm8wbw

The Manchester Spectrum show is on the same day as my Girlfriend's birthday which is awkward. I'm still working on persuading her to ditch the kids and head over to see it. The chance doesn't come up very often.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

I filmed some songs in Gothenburg. Weird place to do a gig. Building is a theater, but concert was not inside of it, but on stairs that go to the actual stage.
Let me down gently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyQdeZZWKe4
Che: https://youtu.be/30NzYUxD6Ps
Feedback Forever
Known user

Post by Feedback Forever »

Nice!

Lovely show in Oslo yesterday:

Transparent Radiation
All Night Long
Lord I don't Even Know My Name
Call the Doctor
Let Me Down Gently
Che
Big City
I Believe it
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

how long was trhe show? any support?
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

It went for an hour or even longer. In Copenhagen there was a support act, guy called Anders Vestergaard, who only played drums for about 20 minutes. It wasn't like a heavy metal drum solo, more like rhythm patterns. Tribal.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/4730612- ... tergaard-2
In Gothenburg Spectrum opened the gig and then Master Musicians of Jajouka followed, so there was no encore by Spectrum. In Stockholm support act was Pistol Disco, which sounded like Fuck Buttons. In Copenhagen and Stockholm there was encore by Spectrum and it was loosely based on "Like..." from "Forever Alien". Together with encore it was even around hour and half long. I'm very sure that radiation and Big City will not be dropped, but some songs in the middle of the set-list might change.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I'm so sad I'm going to Miss this, finally tempted Girlfriend into it, but no one can Baby Sit :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The only other time I've seen Sprectrum was in Liverpool maybe ten years ago. Sad Times
Feedback Forever
Known user

Post by Feedback Forever »

Hope you'll be able to sort it out last minute, clewsr! No support in Oslo, but a groovy DJ-set featuring lots of cosmic stuff :D
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

clewsr wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:15 am I'm so sad I'm going to Miss this, finally tempted Girlfriend into it, but no one can Baby Sit :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The only other time I've seen Sprectrum was in Liverpool maybe ten years ago. Sad Times
If it is any consolation to you (misery loves company and all that) I can't go either as I am not up to it :cry: . This is further insult to injury.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

olan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:00 am
clewsr wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:15 am I'm so sad I'm going to Miss this, finally tempted Girlfriend into it, but no one can Baby Sit :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If it is any consolation to you (misery loves company and all that) I can't go either as I am not up to it :cry: . This is further insult to injury.
possibly

So sorry to hear that Olan. Not good news. I hope things improve.

For me things are looking up. I'm hopefull of making a solo mission with the Birthday Girlfriend's blessing 8)
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

So after all the drama I made it to the gig last night, Really glad I did. Great set list and surging drones all the way through. Have to admit I enjoyed this substantially more than Spiritualized in Amsterdam back in March.

Smallish room, but busy crowd. I got myself a good spec close to the front, but then found myself in front of an idiot who wouldn't stop talking loudly all the way through the songs (despite wearing a Spacemen 3 shirt - WTF?), which was Very Fucking Off Putting. I made a break for it and managed to perch on the far left front of the stage. So not only did I get a away from shouty idiot, I also managed to get to sit down on the stage for the rest of the gig, enjoying the vibrations of the speaker a foot above my head.

Every song was great, although the were some technical glitches with interference interupting the flow on a couple of songs. Highlights for me were probably Call The Doctor and Big City.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

In Copenhagen after the traditional "Good evening. Thanks for coming", Sonic could not get his equipment to work, but after those welcoming words and an applause total silence followed, so after 30 seconds or something in complete silence Sonic said "Oh, you guys are well behaved."
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

veiko wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:02 pm In Copenhagen after the traditional "Good evening. Thanks for coming", Sonic could not get his equipment to work, but after those welcoming words and an applause total silence followed, so after 30 seconds or something in complete silence Sonic said "Oh, you guys are well behaved."
Has there ever been an artists who has suffered from equipment problems quite like Sonic? :lol: He really should have some sort of tech guy with him at all times!
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

Definitely no equipment problems or technical issues last night at Dingwalls. The sound was excellent and I really enjoyed the whole hour and a half set. It's always a rare pleasure to see a live Spectrum show.

We also got "I Know They Say" included in the set list mentioned above as well as that long trippy number which goes along the lines of "Like copper, like gold....". Can anybody confirm what this is? There are definitely pre-recorded vocals which Pete was mixing. It would be great if it was something that might come out at some stage. Also, I'd love to have an official live recording of these songs. The arrangements with the added beautiful guitar parts are lovely.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

ABOCA wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am as well as that long trippy number which goes along the lines of "Like copper, like gold....". Can anybody confirm what this is?
I thought you meant 'Like' from the Forever Alien album but it is probably this, EAR 'All Things Being Equal': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IWgMOpkiug

Edit: After checking the EAR track I suspect the live version is a combination of All Things Being Equal and Like. Here is the studio version of All Things...: https://sonicboomspacemen3.bandcamp.com ... eing-equal.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

Thank you so much for the response. No, you were right the first time. It was very much like that live version of All Things Being Equal. Perhaps a little longer and definitely some live mixing of the spoken parts. That clip looks like the whole show would be an amazing experience. I’d love to see a Sonic Boom show like that with those visuals in a nice seated venue somewhere like the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the South Bank. One day hopefully.

There is this from Japan in 2014 which looks like a similar type of show.

https://youtu.be/fIktBcSvBB4
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

London, Dingwalls May 16 2019 here: https://soundcloud.com/stef-j-c/spectru ... h-may-2019

Download links in the comments. :D

There are also other gigs that chap has recorded that may be of interest (Spectrum, Loop).
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

Thanks once again. That really is a great quality recording. Just listened to the whole set and it was just as I remembered it. Always good to know you haven’t imagined a whole load of stuff. Probably overall the best Spectrum gig I’ve been to, so really good to have this as a download.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

veiko wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:54 pm I filmed some songs in Gothenburg. Weird place to do a gig. Building is a theater, but concert was not inside of it, but on stairs that go to the actual stage.
Let me down gently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyQdeZZWKe4
Che: https://youtu.be/30NzYUxD6Ps
Thanks for sharing these videos, Che in particular sounds great

so it was a duo setup? I would prefer Spectrum as a full band setup if I was being picky, but still great to see Spectrum playing live as it's a rare occurance. KInda wish I had caught one of these dates.