RE: Ride New Album, " This Is Not A Safe Place "

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spacemanrich
Known user

RE: Ride New Album, " This Is Not A Safe Place "

Post by spacemanrich »

Hi everyone,

Tuesday April 23rd will go down in Ride history as a really great day. We broke the news about our new album 'This Is Not A Safe Place', shared the first single from the album, and played a very vibey show at London's Moth Club to a great audience. Thanks for all the many amazing messages you’ve sent us about 'Future Love'. We are just as excited as you and we can’t wait for you to hear the rest of the album.

Our sixth album 'This Is Not A Safe Place' will be released 16th August 2019 on Wichita Recordings, pre-order the album with all sorts of exciting new green vinyl and new t-shirt options.

Tonight, we're off to South America to play Brazil and Chile in the next few days. Even further afield, we're thrilled to be going to Australia and New Zealand late summer (you see, we heard all the local fans' shoutouts to come play). Sign-up to the promoter's list to be the first to hear the full dates very soon and get early bird pre-sale tickets here. With more worldwide live dates to come, you can check out the current run over on thebandride.com.

See you soon,
Andy, Mark, Steve, Loz
sunray
Known user

Re: RE: Ride New Album, " This Is Not A Safe Place "

Post by sunray »

Not digging the single. I hear The Smiths, New Order and for a brief moment that 'Young Folks' song! It's just a bit bog-standard indie for me.
I'll always go see them live (they are supporting The Cure in June :D ) but I think i'm done buying their music. I didn't even pick up Weather Diaries and have no inclination to revisit it anytime soon.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Re: RE: Ride New Album, " This Is Not A Safe Place "

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:33 am Not digging the single. I hear The Smiths, New Order and for a brief moment that 'Young Folks' song! It's just a bit bog-standard indie for me.
I'll always go see them live (they are supporting The Cure in June :D ) but I think i'm done buying their music. I didn't even pick up Weather Diaries and have no inclination to revisit it anytime soon.
I kind of know what you mean- the new song is kind of 'standard indie' there's no denying that. and as I said in the other thread I kinda wish that the production was different at least.
but i'll be damned if it hasn't grown on me a lot after a few listens, its a good song.

they played another new song live called Kill Switch which is apparently a bit meatier.