Stolen Music Ltd

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

natty
Known user

Stolen Music Ltd

Post by natty »

Noticed elsewhere today that Jason set up a new company a couple of weeks ago called Stolen Music Ltd.

Interesting name. I wonder what it might pertain to and what it might be about?
A saint
Known user

Re: Stolen Music Ltd

Post by A saint »

I saw this elsewhere, and--one assumes perhaps it's the publishing company for songs on a new record? Someone was saying on Facebook ("someone" being a person in a position to know; I think maybe the fellow who runs Polytechnic Youth records) that a new Spiz record was not far away. But I suppose we'll see.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Sounds like the most likely explanation.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

interesting. I would say that Jason has never been one for quick follow ups- but actually, looking back that didn't really apply in the 90s. and Amazing Grace was knocked out quickly as well.
bring it on, I say. maybe 'A Song' will see the light of day?
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

It struck me, as soon as I saw the company name that this may be most likely to involve the SP3 catalogue. It could litigate, or be used to agree royalties etc, separate from Spz. I think Sonic recently said they were still working on regaining what was theirs. Looking at Companies House, he's got Spiritualized Limited, without obvious need for any album related vehicles, so I'm still of my first opinion.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Interesting - Where did you see that?
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

I also saw that Facebook post. A new album might explain why there was no UK tour last year?
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Yeah, that's great news. Fingers crossed he put's it out soon. When I met Spaceman briefly last summer he was learning how to mix (records). John Coxon told me he was working on the next Spiritualized record then. There's plenty of recorded tracks like 'A Song' which didn't fit on to the last album and his keys player mentioned to others on the board that J had an albums worth of songs ready to go.
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sounds promising, although the theory that it could be something to do with the Spacemen 3 legal stuff could also be true (with a typically dry name for the company!)

if it is a new album, not sure about anyone else but I liked And Nothing Hurt so much, just ANH pt 2 would be fine and dandy.
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

Wonder if this has something to do with it: Sp3 is now finally on Spotify and Tidal. At least the following:

Pwf
Fp
Recurring
Tdtmmttdt
Live in Europe

Basiclly the space age stuff.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

bambam wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:25 pm Wonder if this has something to do with it: Sp3 is now finally on Spotify and Tidal. At least the following:

Pwf
Fp
Recurring
Tdtmmttdt
Live in Europe

Basiclly the space age stuff.
Does this mean that any payments raised from streams will go straight into GP's pocket, and none at all will go to the artists?
throb
Known user

Post by throb »

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted here, although I really enjoy "lurking" and reading all of your interesting and informative posts!

I had a quick look at Companies House just now to see if anything had developed on the "Stolen Music" company J's set up. Nope. But, in "exciting if you like that sort of thing" news, another company has been set up - "Spacemen 3 A Legal Matter Baby Ltd" :lol: with J & Sonic as directors.

Looks like efforts to *ahem* tidy the situation regarding the S3 back catalogue are ongoing and there's co-operation between J & Sonic. All to the good, I'd suggest.
SPZ outpatients - forum radio on LAST.FM
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

I think we knew that they were trying to do something about the situation and had got as far as meeting to move it forwards. Didn't know about them forming a company. Probably for the best if we leave them to it unless they make a public appeal to the contrary, can't see how they can benefit from us digging any deeper.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
throb
Known user

Post by throb »

Ian wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:57 pm I think we knew that they were trying to do something about the situation and had got as far as meeting to move it forwards. Didn't know about them forming a company. Probably for the best if we leave them to it unless they make a public appeal to the contrary, can't see how they can benefit from us digging any deeper.
Agree. I'm sure it will all surface in due course.
SPZ outpatients - forum radio on LAST.FM