Wu Tang Clan: Of Mics And Men

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

niamhm
Known user

Wu Tang Clan: Of Mics And Men

Post by niamhm »

Just watched the 3rd part of this tremendous 4 part docu series on Sky Docs, and it its quite the finest music doc I`ve seen since probably the Joy Division one that came out a few yrs back. First part setting the scene and aint so easy to get a handle on as it would be any band with 9 members all getting in the picture, more so if your no overly familiar with the crew, but by the time it gets round to part 3 its just phenomenal, totally deserves its 4 parts as such a sprawling tale couldn`t be done justice squeezed into any less I reckon, so If your still looking for some lockdown viewing you could do a whole lot worse than this.

PS, I should just add I saw the Beastie Boys Story I saw a few weeks back as well, its another one to watch, a different twist on your usual roc/doc format and all the better for it.
ro
Known user

Re: Wu Tang Clan: Of Mics And Men

Post by ro »

this sounds so enticing. am going to try to find it. thank you!
sunray
Known user

Re: Wu Tang Clan: Of Mics And Men

Post by sunray »

Finished it yesterday. Not as enamoured with it as niamhm. To me it seemed to make a lot of noise while saying very little. I was left with the impression that the nitty gritty stuff (relationships, money, ODB's death etc.) was skimmed over. Y'knowaimsayin'?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five