Post by BVCP206 »

A little happier (for now!) :lol:
'Remember, change is not good'
jack white
Known user

Re: Leeds...

Post by jack white »

Maybe next year.

I jest of course. Bittersweet day today. Been an entertaining season & the future does look brighter. Disappointed to miss out on playoffs but still happy with the seasons performance.
But.. there's always the chance it could be a case of one step forward, two backwards..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

An enjoyable campaign and probably for the best we didn't make play-offs (least I get some season ticket money back!). We have punched above our weight this year and built a solid foundation for next season so hear's hoping.......again :!:
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

So far so good :D
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

I spoke to soon :(
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

At last :D
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Congrats! Should be interesting having Leeds back in the top tier.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

It's been pretty stressful since the season started again. Brentford looked unstoppable until yesterday. If we had someone who knew how to get the damn thing in the net we'd have been at least 10 points clear by now! But... A triumph and a relief. The weekend started spectacularly so yesterday afternoon was pretty relaxed! :D :D :D :D :D
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Have to smile at the fact Derby are giving us a guard of honour today led by Mr Rooney. There fans not happy :!: Also make a nice change being able to watch two clubs battle for second spot knowing we are already promoted :D
space
Known user

Post by space »

telling fans to stay away and then having an open top bus parade... liverpool fans setting fire to things...why do sports fans feel their need to be with the team in the 'moment' is more important than ending a pandemic?

disgusting

they should cancel leed's promotion!
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

space wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:08 am liverpool fans setting fire to things...why do sports fans feel their need to be with the team in the 'moment' is more important than ending a pandemic?

disgusting
Wasn't aware of the open top bus parade but seeing the above on North West News appalled both my wife and I. Sure, I'm happy for Liverpool that they have their title (I have no specific major allegiance to any team), especially after so long AND bearing in mind what happened with Hillsborough and the aftermath with how the trials were conducted, but we were both furious with the amount of people outside the gates at Anfield and the unbelievable close proximity they were with each other, and it being filmed. That alone should have been enough for the police to have turned up and dispersed them. Couldn't believe how selfish that was.

Rant over, and genuinely sorry if this has offended anyone, but yes genuine congratulations to Liverpool, but fans please have some respect for the situation we're all in.
space
Known user

Post by space »

Dreamweapon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:09 pm
space wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:08 am liverpool fans setting fire to things...why do sports fans feel their need to be with the team in the 'moment' is more important than ending a pandemic?

disgusting
That alone should have been enough for the police to have turned up and dispersed them. Couldn't believe how selfish that was.

the police had a no go area around anfield, people went anyway

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53493960

Leeds United have defended the decision to parade the Championship trophy from an open-top bus in front of fans after previously telling people to stay away.

Thousands were at the club's ground on Wednesday night to celebrate its return to the top flight. Four people were arrested for public order offences.

Officials had urged fans to stay away but the team made a brief appearance after the 4-0 win over Charlton.

One fan group described the move as "a dreadful own goal" by the club.

yes, there are videos and pictures
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

It was a poor move and one which confused a lot of people with the contrasting statements. Wish they hadn't done that after such an amazing season.

But cancelling promotion?! :shock:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

All over the world we have been cooped up since March.
I am happy for Liverpool and their fans. I think had the night they won been better publicized and policed they may have avoided the size of that crowd.
Ditto for Leeds.
People need something, anything to feel good about right now. We all wish they were more responsible but unfortunately many people are just not that smart.
If you think Leeds promotion should be rescinded what about Liverpool's championship?
What about all those people showing up for BLM protests? What to do about them?
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
space
Known user

Post by space »

spzretent wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:01 pm
If you think Leeds promotion should be rescinded what about Liverpool's championship?
What about all those people showing up for BLM protests? What to do about them?
1) it was tongue in cheek. i'm fed up with people praising people for not seeing their children for three months as they are nurses and then run out just because it is important to them, undermining their actions

2) did you just seriously, even as an attempt to be clever, comparing outrage of murder and violence from law enforcement to a team winning a game of football? no wonder your country is facing 4 more years of trump... ffs
space
Known user

Post by space »

runcible wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:45 pm

But cancelling promotion?! :shock:
obviously not but people need to understand the consequences of their actions in a wider context. people are dying, people are sacrificing and people throw away months of hard work to 'celebrate with their fans'. people need to start taking this stuff seriously
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

space wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:41 pm

1) it was tongue in cheek. i'm fed up with people praising people for not seeing their children for three months as they are nurses and then run out just because it is important to them, undermining their actions

2) did you just seriously, even as an attempt to be clever, comparing outrage of murder and violence from law enforcement to a team winning a game of football? no wonder your country is facing 4 more years of trump... ffs
No. Just comparing large gatherings. Something routinely done on American TV.
The time has come for me to take a break from this place.
The current situation in this country is far too sensitive and quite frankly dire to have to deal with idiots like you and all your alter egos/usernames.
See you guys later.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

space wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:41 pm no wonder your country is facing 4 more years of trump... ffs
Any point you were trying to make was destroyed by this idiotic throwaway comment.