New stuff from Pete this year?

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

sunray
Known user

Re: New stuff from Pete this year?

Post by sunray »

runcible wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:00 pm Bizarrely my one came from Amazon Japan less than 48 hours after I ordered it and without any customs charges. Took me by surprise. Not often that happens... :D
Does one have to set up a new Amazon Japan account or is it possible to order from an existing UK one? Cheers.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

sunray wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:38 pm
runcible wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:00 pm Bizarrely my one came from Amazon Japan less than 48 hours after I ordered it and without any customs charges. Took me by surprise. Not often that happens... :D
Does one have to set up a new Amazon Japan account or is it possible to order from an existing UK one? Cheers.
You have to register on the Japan site which was a total nightmare & ridiculously complicated. Doesn't help that it's almost all in Japanese - although that's obvious I guess! - so I was cutting & pasting into Google Translate quite a bit! Endless links back to pages I'd been on several times before. I went round and round for a good hour & then gave up as it said my payment hadn't gone through, but apparently it had as the CD arrived 2 days later and my card was debited.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Q & A with Sonic from earlier this summer, cool clip but a little short, nice to see him so relaxed though
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Looks like there might be a remix/extra tracks L.P. in the works from Pete's social media posts this week, containing the two Japanese bonus tracks.

Title is Almost Nothing is Nearly Enough.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

natty wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:42 am Looks like there might be a remix/extra tracks L.P. in the works from Pete's social media posts this week, containing the two Japanese bonus tracks.

Title is Almost Nothing is Nearly Enough.
I saw this also, but haven't heard anything else since. There's nothing up on Bandcamp yet. Would be a nice treat for the end of the year
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:33 am Q & A with Sonic from earlier this summer, cool clip but a little short, nice to see him so relaxed though
thanks for highlighting this Gary, really enjoyed that. he always seems so chilled.
his favourite gig is one that no one would guess I reckon!

and I wanna know where he got those cushions! :)
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Its those huge diamond mirrors(?) behind him i love. His interier design taste is pretty cool...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Yeah he likes his Op art style stuff doesn't he
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Remix album "Almost nothing is nearly enough" will be announced in February.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

veiko wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:49 pm Remix album "Almost nothing is nearly enough" will be announced in February.
WOOHOO!!!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Just seen there is a limited edition version of the album (280) only via Norman Records that went on sale today. Looks pretty in the splatter vinyl.

£21 + p&p which ain't bad either.

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/1 ... eing-equal
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

https://www.soundohm.com/product/soft-need-23-1

This is insane. Though Sonic mentioned on his instagram , that seven inch would be available around December/January on his bandcamp.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

AVAILABLE - Friday 18th December SONIC BOOM (via Carpark Records) - CHRISTMAS GIFT SINGLE
Sonic Boom returns bearing the euphoric, yuletide wave that is I WISH IT WAS LIKE XMAS EVERYDAY (A LITTLE BIT DEEPER) for an isolation holiday. A re-imagination of All Things Being Equal’s single “Things Like This (A Little Bit Deeper),” enlists dear friends, Dean & Britta (Galaxie 500, Luna ) for vocal harmonies.
“I hope this can bring you some mid-winter warmth & hearthside vibes for the holiday period”
AVAILABLE FROM MID-NIGHT UK TIME FROM BANDCAMP You can pay what you want from 99c ( also available to be sent as a gift ) 80% of BANDCAMP proceeds from this Single being donated to Earth Island — earthisland.org

https://sonicboomspacemen3.bandcamp.com ... ean-britta

Some EAR sounds going on there i think. I like it :)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

veiko wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:53 pm https://www.soundohm.com/product/soft-need-23-1

This is insane. Though Sonic mentioned on his instagram , that seven inch would be available around December/January on his bandcamp.
Seven inch now available here: https://www.soundohm.com/product/just-a ... iece-of-me
200 copies.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

veiko wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:49 pm Remix album "Almost nothing is nearly enough" will be announced in February.
Now available for pre-order: https://carparkrecords.limitedrun.com/products/688391
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

sunray wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:40 pm
veiko wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:53 pm https://www.soundohm.com/product/soft-need-23-1

Seven inch now available here: https://www.soundohm.com/product/just-a ... iece-of-me
200 copies.
Only just became aware of this. Seems there are still copies available at soundohm, but €22.90 inc shipping, plus running the risk of whatever they chuck on at the border in fees that's one expensive 7", of a track that's available elsewhere.

Doesn't seem to be on Sonic's Bandcamp, unfortunately.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Anyone had their copy of 'Almost Nothing...' yet?
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Yeah, mine came last week. Only listened to it once and it was very enjoyable, although I'd say some of the remixes aren't too different from the originals. The splatter vinyl is gorgeous :D
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

natty wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:08 pm
sunray wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:40 pm

200 copies.
Only just became aware of this. Seems there are still copies available at soundohm, but €22.90 inc shipping, plus running the risk of whatever they chuck on at the border in fees that's one expensive 7", of a track that's available elsewhere.

Doesn't seem to be on Sonic's Bandcamp, unfortunately.
If anyone is still after this I notice that there’s a few copies on the Papiro Bandcamp page for sale and the postage is a lot cheaper. Plus you’d get a download from Bandcamp thrown in as well.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Dreamweapon wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:18 pm Anyone had their copy of 'Almost Nothing...' yet?
Arrived today. The whole package looks gorgeous, not had a listen yet.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

My copy arrived yesterday and although i've not heard the LP, i was listening to the download over the weekend. Have to say, i actually prefer some of the remixes to the originals. Thoroughly enjoyable :D I Can See The Light Bend sounds particularly good!
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Mine arrived yesterday. One thing that is noticeable is how powerful this pressing is compared to the original LP. 'All Things Being Equal' is a great LP but 56+ minutes is too much music for a vinyl LP without compromise. 'Almost Nothing Is Nearly Enough' benefits from being shorter. I tend to listen to ATBE digitally as it works better that way for me. Like a lot of the Spiritualized LPs, it gains something from not being interrupted to flip the record. Usually, I prefer the LP but this is not always true.

Anyway what a time to be alive! A new Spiritualized LP arriving at the same time as a new Sonic Boom LP, and there is the promise of more Spiritualized releases this year. :D
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

Laz69 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:26 am My copy arrived yesterday and although i've not heard the LP, i was listening to the download over the weekend. Have to say, i actually prefer some of the remixes to the originals. Thoroughly enjoyable :D I Can See The Light Bend sounds particularly good!
yes, much preferring the remixes! Tik Tock is awesome
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

sunray wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:56 pm Two albums with Cheval Sombre laying around. I wonder how much input he has on those? Are they named as CS albums or CS & SB?
Just seen this announced by Sonic Cathedral on FB:
Pleased to announce that Cheval Sombre will be hosting two #TimsTwitterListeningParty events for his new albums.

He will be joined by Sonic Boom for the inside story of ‘Time Waits for No One’ (May 27, 8pm BST) and ‘Days Go By’ (June 3, 9pm BST).

Please join in. Remember if you follow him on Twitter before the end of this week, you’ll be in with a chance of winning a test pressing of the new album.
Should be an interesting listen! 🙂
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

With all the warmth in my heart i got this crazy idea that, we are always allowed to make a "third" album of the all new Sonic material. We can make an imaginary over the moon album with tracks from All Things and Almost Nothing. Best of all of those those efforts = maximum delight :shock: :shock:
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

So i was drinking home and playing records, just having plain good time, but i think i misheard something from "Tick, tock", i heard "Team talk" on and on.