"Everything was beautiful" - New Spiritualized® Album 2022

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

clewsr
Known user

Re: "Everything was beautiful" - New Spiritualized® Album 2022

Post by clewsr »

Agree the video is great and compliments the song.
Very much looking forward to the album and tour. Its a big list of dates!
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

thesevensteves wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:42 pm This all makes me so genuinely happy...long live rock'n'roll
amen
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Ian wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:52 pm Striking video. Would this not be the best time to suggest that if we want to help to reduce our inpact on the environment, phasing out vinyl might be a contribution?
Of course.

Both Jason and Peter could go 100% that way like Lorde, who released her ‘Solar Power’ album on a completely destructible/recycleable CD box (with no CD).

I believe also the heavier hitters within the music production industry, who push endless reissues of mediocre to terrible albums on vinyl, should be starved first.

Even so, can you imagine any of the hardcore collectors around here getting into that today?
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

ro wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:25 pm
thesevensteves wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:42 pm This all makes me so genuinely happy...long live rock'n'roll
amen
That’s more like it.

ro! Hope you enjoyed!
O P 8
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Spiby wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:21 pm Why, after 30+ years of doing this, do I still get SO EXCITED when news of a new album / tour appears? I'm glad I do though!
Don't think that ever goes away :D
'Remember, change is not good'
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I think i prefer the original 'Always Forgetting...' but the new version is good too.
The blurb on the official website is interesting; 11 studios used as well as at home. Must've had this album on the go a long time. Sounds like side 2 is going to be the noisy side. Can't wait to hear 'A Song'.
BzaInSpace wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:44 pm
Ian wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:52 pm Striking video. Would this not be the best time to suggest that if we want to help to reduce our inpact on the environment, phasing out vinyl might be a contribution?
Of course.
Even so, can you imagine any of the hardcore collectors around here getting into that today?
I'd be delighted. Can't seem to stop myself but ending vinyl production would soon alter my behaviour :)

In saying that...i went for the boxset :roll: The mug is nice but i find them just slightly too small for my tea drinking requirements.
BVCP206 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:47 pm
Spiby wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:21 pm Why, after 30+ years of doing this, do I still get SO EXCITED when news of a new album / tour appears? I'm glad I do though!
Don't think that ever goes away :D
Seems not :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Well that song is quite something TBH. I mean, I loved ‘The Bridge Song’ when it first appeared on the Space Program LP back in the day. I know a friend who’s wife chose that as her wedding song :roll: due to me constantly playing it.

Anyways.

Here… it’s something else! The massive overblown production, the backing choir and horn, the rocket noise panning over, the electric feedback, that new chord (I know), the somehow more euphoric but still melancholic chorus… the castanets!

It’s… fucking awesome. I can’t wait to hear this properly and what a statement of intent.

(I was almost disappointed when the really dark lyrics of the original didn’t show up - but in that final part I think they do.)

Anyway, it’s a good day to be alive; new Spiritualized music and it’s amazing.

Plus - Glasgow gig!
O P 8
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

fantastic.
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Damn, that boxset was just to tempting! Had to order it!

Great news about the new album.
Great artwork.
Great video.
Great reworking of 'Always together..'
Great news about the upcoming tour dates (will be at the Utrecht gig March 2nd, since that's my birthday, and for sure the week later in Brussels).
Great day to be a music lover!
As someone mentioned it before: the thrill of a new spiritualized album never fades!

Bring on 2022!
"Thank you"
sharmadelica
Known user

Post by sharmadelica »

I can’t get into my old account, One Asian Under A Groove, and I don’t have access to the old email address anymore to reset the password, so here I am under my usual online alter-ego to join in with the glee at the announcement of the new album!

I am one of those obsessives who has ordered one of each version of the album, including the languages - if anyone deserves the money, it’s Jason. Although I’ve been lurking here for a while, I haven’t been able to post for ages, so here’s as good a place as any to say that I got to chat with him backstage after the Glasgow Old Fruitmarket show (big love to James Stelfox who saw us waiting outside and invited us in). He was so generous with his time, so friendly and he remembered meeting me and seeing my LAGWAFIS tattoo at the Gateshead show in 2009. He signed my copy (well, one of my copies!) of ANH for my two daughters - at that time, I Think I’m In Love was the song that I’d sing my then-3yo to sleep with, and I showed Jason a video of her singing the opening lines, which he was delighted about.

So, yeah. New album. Beside myself with excitement, especially after hearing the new version of “Always…” I love the descriptions of the songs we’ve yet to hear. The anticipation is already building! Happy to buy as many versions as I can manage, and the merch. Because it’s him, and whenever he releases new music, my world gets better.
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

I'm holding off listening as I want the album to be a totally fresh experience...its hard though, the comments referencing Beach Boys and 'a lot going on' are getting me very excited :D
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

So, initial thoughts (in no particular order)...

EXCELLENT opener and taster for the new album

It does indeed seem to follow on nicely from And Nothing Hurt musically. Also title wise, I know that Moby's last album was called Everything Was Beautiful And Nothing Hurt' which if I understand correctly was taken from 'Slaughterhouse-Five' by Kurt Vonnegut. I know people mentioned Moby's album title around the time of Spiritualized and 'ANH'. Now Spz seem to have reversed the album titles. This seems to now link the two Spz albums together, but also curious as to whether there is also a link to Moby.

Whenever I listen to ANH, there are so many occasions when I just feel I want to give Jason a big flipping hug, and be a friend. It's achingly beautiful, but seems to encompass love, loss, loneliness and desperation. Some of the lyrics for this opener also seem to point to similar areas. The music for this first track is stunning. J

I'm also wondering whether there will be a backing/supporting orchestra for the live dates, especially regarding some of the venues that he's chosen. COVID aside, for various reasons, I've only been to one gig in nearly 9 years. I just find the whole idea ramps up the anxiety, and then there's the getting there and back etc. At gigs I've been too, all it takes is one silly sod to behave like a numpty, and it can ruin the whole experience. hAving said that, I might have to give one of these dates a go....

I'm thrilled that there's a new album, but as with some people and ANH, a little disappointed there's only 7 tracks. ANHG had 9 tracks, but 3 of them were played on the radio before the album was released and no bonus tracks accompanied them. Jason is well known for trying to get the perfect sound and trialling different ideas, so I'm also wondering whether there is more material in the vault from both ANH and EWB.

The video is superb too - opening with how beautiful the planet is, leading to how we've contributed to messing it up. It's so apt, and when watched with the music too, it's pretty harrowing.

Really hope this gives Spz some solid and wide ranging attention - Jason & co certainly deserve it. I'd really love to see this album appear on the shortlist for the 2022 Mercury Prize, and then have them win it. I believe both Pure Phase almost made it, and then LAGWAFIS got even closer, but it really would be wonderful if EWB won it.

I've gone for the pink vinyl, the box, the standard black, the Japanese LP and the CD - so far.....

I'm sure other stuff will spring to mind - trying to remember everything re first thoughts.

Still want to give him big hug tho, and say it'll be OK - get very tearful with a lot of Spz stuff...

I've gone for the pink vinyl, the box, the standard black, the Japanese LP and the CD - so far.....
adamhx
Known user

Post by adamhx »

After a lot of thought I have gone for the Spanish version of the vinyl and a mug.

Thought long and hard about getting the boxset but cant help but feeling it is a bit overpriced. You are essentially getting 8 bits of card and a pink box for an extra £40. Whilst it is limited to 1000 pressings the different language versions are limited to just 500, making them actually more exclusive.

My wife is a native Spanish speaker and I am trying to learn the language myself, so it seemed appropriate.

I will also definitely be trying to get tickets for the Manchester show.

Upon first listen I didn't realise I had heard the new track before. Having since listened back to the older version I initially thought I preferred that one but actually I do like the updated one and it has grown on me. Must have listened to it 10 times since yesterday afternoon! The video is also great and really fits the song.
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Anyone know about presale code for the UK shows?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I'd like to believe the different language versions are sung in those languages.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

stegraham wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:02 am Anyone know about presale code for the UK shows?
Depends on the venue rather than a generic presale I think.

Certain venues have pre-sales for members/supporters live now.
slide_song
Known user

Post by slide_song »

sharmadelica wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:45 am …whenever he releases new music, my world gets better.
love this. i absolutely feel the same way.
TwilightGarden
New user

Post by TwilightGarden »

Long time lurker, old occasional poster who’s forgot what his username was.....

Got my tickets for the Brighton Dome this morning via Members pre-sale... figured it was worth the membership to get decent seats, save on booking fees etc. Plus I’m local and will use again...

Loads of great seats still available if anyone else is interested in that option...
Last edited by TwilightGarden on Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

Anyone know if any of the Washington, Oregon, or Vancouver dates are having presales?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Really pleased with the news of the new album and live shows, particularly the fact he's playing Brighton again. One thing that I'm trying to get my head round though... the price difference between the pink and black vinyl editions. Am I right in thinking the only difference between the two is the colour of the vinyl? Do you get any extra bits in this 'Pink deluxe vinyl' edition? It just seems to me that £10 is a bit steep for just that if that really is the case. And where are they getting the price for the box set from??!! :shock: As someone who runs a small label I know prices for pressing vinyl have gone up but I bought Mogwai's 'As The Love Continues' box set for £42 and it came with a double vinyl LP, a 12" of unreleased demos, a CD and a photo booklet. The collector/massive Spiritualized fan in me wants the box set but common sense says no.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:06 pm Really pleased with the news of the new album and live shows, particularly the fact he's playing Brighton again. One thing that I'm trying to get my head round though... the price difference between the pink and black vinyl editions. Am I right in thinking the only difference between the two is the colour of the vinyl? Do you get any extra bits in this 'Pink deluxe vinyl' edition? It just seems to me that £10 is a bit steep for just that if that really is the case. And where are they getting the price for the box set from??!! :shock: As someone who runs a small label I know prices for pressing vinyl have gone up but I bought Mogwai's 'As The Love Continues' box set for £42 and it came with a double vinyl LP, a 12" of unreleased demos, a CD and a photo booklet. The collector/massive Spiritualized fan in me wants the box set but common sense says no.
I bought the box, the black vinyl and the cd. I just shut my eyes when it came to the prices. People like us buying the box set and things like it are what fund new LPs and tours. The margin in the rest of it is too thin...and as you well know is getting thinner.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Love how excited everyone is getting. Spiritualized albums don't come along very often but at least when they do it's a big event.

Reading the blurb has definitely got me excited for side 2 in particular. The last song, man i hope it lives up to the write up. The dubby groove is a direction I always thought they should explore more. I really like I Am What I Am which i would also categorise thus.

The country songs though, I'm more wary about. Damaged part 2?
I have to admit i had to google who Nikki Lane was!
sunray wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:14 am I'd like to believe the different language versions are sung in those languages.
Now that would be awesome! Haha. I seem to remember The Beatles rerecording a couple of their early singles in German, quite strange. This just seems to be another way to create variants without having vinyl of every colour under the sun. And seems like it could also tie in thematically, going by the video to Always Together With You. Looking at the world as one, etc.
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

mywhitenoise wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:56 pm Anyone know if any of the Washington, Oregon, or Vancouver dates are having presales?
Vancouver definitely has like 2 or 3 different presales (as is the custom these days). Forget which one but PITCH is a code for at least 1 of them on Ticketmaster.

Also watch the Portland and Vancouver dates...the ones tweeted out today didn't match the ones yesterday....I THINK the last show is Vancouver on April 9.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm all for A and D songs getting some studio love! Can't wait to hear it. The new version of Always is incredible.

Already planning the trip over to the UK in May to see some of the shows!
sharmadelica
Known user

Post by sharmadelica »

BZA - apologies for posting in here, but as I’m a new user I can’t reply to your lovely PM! When I get that privilege, I will reply properly. It’s really lovely to be back on here though, especially at a time of such excitement!
adamhx
Known user

Post by adamhx »

Just listened to A Song on YouTube and wow! Not heard it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-eetm6KdU
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

adamhx wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:48 pm Just listened to A Song on YouTube and wow! Not heard it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-eetm6KdU
Just realized that I was at that gig in Copenhagen :lol:

There's a cool version here (scroll down to find a direct link to the SPZ content) https://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/sen ... --104.html
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Jasonsmith wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:27 pm There's a cool version here (scroll down to find a direct link to the SPZ content) https://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/sen ... --104.html
Thanks, never seen that before :)
I love this version from Taiwan. Serious Spacemen 3 vibes at times 8) It's bizarre its taken so long to record it.
suskind
Known user

Post by suskind »

Presale is happening now. PITCH for Vancouver and MONQUI for Portland

I thought it'd be assigned seating but it's GA.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

suskind wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:10 pm Presale is happening now. PITCH for Vancouver and MONQUI for Portland

I thought it'd be assigned seating but it's GA.
I love you! Anyone know the presale code for Seattle?
Feedback Forever
Known user

Post by Feedback Forever »

sunray wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:07 pm
Jasonsmith wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:27 pm There's a cool version here (scroll down to find a direct link to the SPZ content) https://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/sen ... --104.html
Thanks, never seen that before :)
I love this version from Taiwan. Serious Spacemen 3 vibes at times 8) It's bizarre its taken so long to record it.
That version from Taiwan is brilliant. Love it when they go all tremolo-heavy.

Always together sounds great, too. Happy days.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

angelsighs wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:45 pm Love how excited everyone is getting. Spiritualized albums don't come along very often but at least when they do it's a big event.

Reading the blurb has definitely got me excited for side 2 in particular. The last song, man i hope it lives up to the write up. The dubby groove is a direction I always thought they should explore more. I really like I Am What I Am which i would also categorise thus.

The country songs though, I'm more wary about. Damaged part 2?
I have to admit i had to google who Nikki Lane was!
Yep can’t beat the excitement here when new music is coming out. Always worth the wait.

So strange as a week or so ago I was playing ‘I Am
What I Am’ loud every journey in the car. Just that song: the initial loud drum beat and then the mayhem afterwards and such. Good call…

Any country song that’s described as “a Tammy Wynette lorazepam ballad” is seriously OK for me.

Also, you’ll remember Nikki Lane. She is a modern country singer with a lot of attitude and talent, try ‘Gone Gone Gone’. She toured with Spiritualized in the US years back, there’s somewhere them playing ‘Come Down Easy’ together as a duet…
O P 8
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Got my Vancouver ticket today.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

I went with the pink vinyl from Fat Possum, I've had good luck so far with them.

Looking forward to 2022 already!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Promo code for Nottingham is spiritualized22.

Just got some perfect seats
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Can't find presale links. Can see Ticketmaster saying presale underway, but can't work out how to get into it (London)
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

On venue website for Nottingham.

There's one for Roundhouse's site, but can't figure the code out.
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

sm-iom wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:24 am Can't find presale links. Can see Ticketmaster saying presale underway, but can't work out how to get into it (London)
Yeah attempting the same for Nottingham. How do you get to presale?
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Thanks toomilk. Have booked front row for Nottingham (venue website). May have to wait for London to go on general sale.
Edited to add, London standing also booked :D
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Got London, Glasgow, and Manchester as well! :twisted: :twisted:
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

BzaInSpace wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:59 pm
Yep can’t beat the excitement here when new music is coming out. Always worth the wait.

So strange as a week or so ago I was playing ‘I Am
What I Am’ loud every journey in the car. Just that song: the initial loud drum beat and then the mayhem afterwards and such. Good call…

Any country song that’s described as “a Tammy Wynette lorazepam ballad” is seriously OK for me.

Also, you’ll remember Nikki Lane. She is a modern country singer with a lot of attitude and talent, try ‘Gone Gone Gone’. She toured with Spiritualized in the US years back, there’s somewhere them playing ‘Come Down Easy’ together as a duet…
Ah okay interesting that they toured together ! of course I'll listen with an open mind but the country type songs have been among the least compelling of recent albums for me. they often still fit nicely in the sequencing though. it can't all be rockers
evan:)
Known user

Post by evan:) »

Front row circle seat for Dublin ... happy daze.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

olan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:27 pm I bought the box, the black vinyl and the cd. I just shut my eyes when it came to the prices. People like us buying the box set and things like it are what fund new LPs and tours. The margin in the rest of it is too thin...and as you well know is getting thinner.
Agreed 100% Olan.
I bought the box set. I have no problem forking out $75. If it helps the band defray costs I am all for it. I would also kick myself if I missed out.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
sharmadelica
Known user

Post by sharmadelica »

Glasgow SWG3, here it comes (the road, let’s go). I love that venue too, all three parts of it - the yard, the hall and the warehouse. I’m guessing it will be in the warehouse? Outside in the yard would be spectacular!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Mrs Shines has got us two tickets for the Brighton Dome (all seated it turns out) gig for my Xmas pressie :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Shines - glad that Brighton gig wasn’t just a rumour!

I’ll be there at Glasgow - an interesting venue by the looks of it. I was also pleasantly surprised: £30 for a ticket seems very cheap - the recent Nick Cave & Warren Ellis gig was three times as much!

Anyway - BRING IT ON/DROP THE BOMB C’MON 🔥
O P 8
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

BzaInSpace wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:55 pm I’ll be there at Glasgow - an interesting venue by the looks of it. I was also pleasantly surprised: £30 for a ticket seems very cheap
Yeah, Dublin was only €33.65 with all fees. I was expecting minimum €40. Seems to be a lot of seated venues on this tour, thankfully we got standing tickets for Dublin. I've been sat upstairs for a handful of gigs in the Olympia and it's just not the same, i always felt slightly removed from the gig.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

sharmadelica wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:10 pm Glasgow SWG3, here it comes (the road, let’s go). I love that venue too, all three parts of it - the yard, the hall and the warehouse. I’m guessing it will be in the warehouse? Outside in the yard would be spectacular!
It's in the Galvanisers, so for anyone that doesn't know, that's the big hall on the ground floor (next to the yard). There's loads of different bits in there.

Poetry Club - capacity 125 (Primal Scream played there a few years back!)
Warehouse (upstairs) - capacity 500
TV Studio - capacity 1,000
Galvanisers- capacity 1,250
Yard - capacity 4,000

It's good for bands being able to announce a gig at one of the smaller ones then easily move it to a bigger room if ticket sales go well.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

As Sunray noted above, a lot of these gigs appear to be seated.

Mkb - any idea if the SWG3 affair is seated? There was no option other than a standard ticket which didn’t mention otherwise. I’d almost like a cool seat for kicking back in the sun etc but standing means I can let loose for a bit…
O P 8
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

I saw Stereolab in (what I assume) was the Galvanisers bit and that was standing.

Very excited for the new material here - the re-recording of AFWY(TBS) is gorgeous :D
Spacekadet
Known user

Post by Spacekadet »

Got tickets for that London. Decided to take my son - who is 11 - as he's expressed an interest and loved ANH. Seemed appropriate as Always Together with you actually (crash) landed on his birthday.

Love the new track. I liked the version that came out as part of the Space Project a few years back, which they're now referring to as a demo. Really Beatles-y in the verses, and Jason's vocal really reminds me of John Lennon. And as has been noted previously the chorus is totally Beach Boys. Love how it goes bonkers in a controlled way. And castanets for the win.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I wouldn't expect the Glasgow gig to be seated, although I suppose it's possible. The venue definitely isn't seated as standard, put it that way.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Glasgow SWG3 for me it is then, I must say its not one of my fave venues in the city but i`ve never been in the Galvanizers area and I`m sure it will be a great night, my problem is more with its location tbf , looking forward to this, is The Sage one sold out already? Had been thinking about maybe a road trip for that one...Fair play if its sold out that`s good news as well
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

niamhm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:39 pm Glasgow SWG3 for me it is then, I must say its not one of my fave venues in the city but i`ve never been in the Galvanizers area and I`m sure it will be a great night, my problem is more with its location tbf , looking forward to this, is The Sage one sold out already? Had been thinking about maybe a road trip for that one...Fair play if its sold out that`s good news as well
Still plenty of tickets left looking at the Sage website. Only selling level 1 rather than the entire venue as well so tickets not exactly flying out of the door. Definitely fully seated for the Sage as well.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

I see that now, cheers, its weird if you follow the link from Spiritualized site through to Ticketmaster it says none available
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

The silhouette of the flattened medication box on the album cover is a pill press. J does have an affinity for multiple meanings🚀🚀🛸🚀🚀
I think I feel it coming on
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: New album news imminent?

Post by BzaInSpace »

TheWarmth wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:34 pm I can't imagine him topping the existing version of "Always Forgetting." It really is a bit of a shame that it didn't appear on an album. It's an incredible song.
Going back on these messages in this thread - there is some incredibly strange & prescient stuff going down.

That happened the next day! I can’t imagine how that must have felt Paul: but I bet it was amazing.

When I played that song at working volume when finally could that day it literally gave me an all-body shiver. That’s fucking rare indeed. What a feeling. 🔥

(I didn’t think ‘always forgetting with you’ could be beat either, and here we are…)
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

toomilk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:13 am Got London, Glasgow, and Manchester as well! :twisted: :twisted:
Pint in Glasgow?
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Shinesalight wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:06 pm As someone who runs a small label I know prices for pressing vinyl have gone up but I bought Mogwai's 'As The Love Continues' box set for £42 and it came with a double vinyl LP, a 12" of unreleased demos, a CD and a photo booklet. The collector/massive Spiritualized fan in me wants the box set but common sense says no.
I get that, but Mogwai also played a sold out out show at The Hydro (Glasgow) prior to lockdown… it’s not apples and Rita Ora (I’m leaving that typo in) but maybe you’ll know what I mean anyway. Mogwai are very proficient and able in what they do, and their OST work must also pull in the $, but I’ve yet to have found anything they’ve done that gives the same minor thrill as… minor stuff I really, really like.

They still have the honour of being the loudest band I’ve ever experienced (Lemon Tree, 1998).
O P 8
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

Has (The Bridge Song) done a complete loop in terms of its title?

When it first came out on the Space Project compilation it was titled 'Always Forgetting With You' in all the media releases, but on the release itself it was titled 'Always Together With You'. I assumed this was a misprint as I think the file on the download was named Always Forgetting....

And now on the new album it is Always Together.... so was it always meant to be Together?

As a title I prefer Forgetting.

Post by BzaInSpace »

Both “forgetting” and “together” are used in the lyrics…
O P 8
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

BzaInSpace wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:19 pm
toomilk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:13 am Got London, Glasgow, and Manchester as well! :twisted: :twisted:
Pint in Glasgow?
Yessir!

Anyone in the other towns, let me know if you'd like to meet up as well. I'll most likely have JamesT with me too.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Sim wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:05 pm Has (The Bridge Song) done a complete loop in terms of its title?

When it first came out on the Space Project compilation it was titled 'Always Forgetting With You' in all the media releases, but on the release itself it was titled 'Always Together With You'. I assumed this was a misprint as I think the file on the download was named Always Forgetting....

And now on the new album it is Always Together.... so was it always meant to be Together?

As a title I prefer Forgetting.
this has also thrown me! I was thinking earlier about whether I just remembered it wrong. I just checked my CD of the space project and it's 'Together' on there which I don't recall. weird.
in a way it would be cooler if the earlier version was 'Forgetting' to differentiate them
Alistair
Known user

Post by Alistair »

Looks like there is an interview with Jason in the new Mojo magazine - presumably some LP promo?

https://www.mojo4music.com/magazine/lat ... t-of-2021/

JASON PIERCE Spiritualized’s seeker after transcendence on obsession, illness, “corrupting cliché” and the sonic secrets of hospitals. Plus: words of praise from Iggy Pop!
poly800rock
New user

Post by poly800rock »

I find it quite humorous that his daughter is named "poppy".

"He also employed more than 30 musicians and singers including his daughter Poppy..."
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

"Always together with you " . I've listened to this new version and although I love it, I have to say that I keep going back to the original version. I remember when the first version came out and I kept it on repeat for days. This new version has a hell of a lot going on and obviously not as raw as the original.
Wonderful song whichever version.