Vancouver April 9

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

DanielD1
New user

Vancouver April 9

Post by DanielD1 »

Hello I was going to be going to the concert in Vancouver on the 9th. I am unable to attend. I have two tickets and will give them to who would go to the show. Send me a pm.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Re: Vancouver April 9

Post by mywhitenoise »

Same. I would prefer to sell them, but will give them away if I have to. Would hate for them to go to waste.
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

I have a buddy who may not have tickets yet...I'll check with him.
Vostok
New user

Post by Vostok »

Oh man, I'm in Northern BC but I'm planning on driving south.
If you could offer me one ticket that would be excellent, considering the price of gas these crazy times. I just need one. :)
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Getting excited for tonight!
aadamm
Known user

Post by aadamm »

Yeah, me too. I *think* this is my first post-covid show? I feel like i should definitively know that but i guess i’m too old to remember things now.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

How was the show? I'm excited to hear the new songs. I hope when they return to the states in September they add a few wig out songs like ending with TMTTOS and bring back the light show with the wall of stobes. Austin Psych Fest was the only Spiritualized show I've ever walked out of being way too balad heavy. I long for those psychedelic shows of yore when the roof came off 🚀👽
I think I feel it coming on
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Show was.....GOOD. Not the best I've seen them but that was more down to the setlist than anything. A little too much from the last album for me (only really because they played the entire record on that tour) and they dropped Always Together With You last night, sadly. And coupled with the Mainline Song disappearing in recent shows meant that I only heard 4 of the new ones. Band sounded great though and my new earplugs did a good job.

The new material (which I hadn't heard yet) was GREAT. The D Song was immense.
aadamm
Known user

Post by aadamm »

Yeah, I enjoyed it also, although I took edibles for the first time in 5 years or so, and I think that helped considerably. I also missed those two songs, but oh well. I definitely would have preferred more older material, but thought they did a fairly excellent job with what they did choose. The band felt into it, whereas I think some of the last tours have felt a bit more workman-like.

(Also, I still feel incredibly smug when I get outside after a show and take my earplugs out and my ears aren't exhausted and/or ringing...)
suskind
Known user

Post by suskind »

I haven't heard the new material except the first single and the intro of the D song brought me right back to 2013 when I first heard it.
It was a decent show. I just miss the songs that got cut and wish more songs from the new album were played.
On the merch stand they had two t shirts (white and black, slightly different) with the artwork of the new album, along with a signed poster.
This was my first time in Vancouver in 13 years and it was nice to visit such a great city (it got super expensive and super gentrified though). The nice weather helped! (As soon as I wrote this last sentence it started raining lol but I guess it's not new here)
Attachments
1649571588142~2.jpg
1649571588142~2.jpg (102.32 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
aadamm
Known user

Post by aadamm »

That was a really good version of The Morning After.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I'm not keen on that setlist tbh. Still a major drop off on the final run of songs .They played the same set in Portland too.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Soul On Fire instead of Heading For The Top... trying to think of a suitable metaphor.. :/
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Agreed…some funny choices. And it’s not that they are bad songs….but Damaged just dragged the set down. And right near the end! Soul on Fire could probably use a rest but it was admittedly very popular with the crowd.

If J is keen on focusing more on the last four records I get that…but Heading for the Top Now, I Am What I Am, Sweet Talk…so many more interesting choices could have been made. And that’s just accepting the fact that the entire set had only two (2) songs from what nearly everyone considers to be peak SPZ.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

I wish they would stop dropping songs off the setlist. I want to hear Mainline and Always Together With You (been waiting 8 years to hear that one!).
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

mywhitenoise wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:18 pm I wish they would stop dropping songs off the setlist. I want to hear Mainline and Always Together With You (been waiting 8 years to hear that one!).
I hope you get them. I can see Always Together With You being tough to pull off live...not sure if that's why it was dropped though just speculating.

I'm hoping that since this tour was so early maybe there will be a second round of west coast dates at the end of the year or next year or something and maybe I can see more of the new stuff then.
suskind
Known user

Post by suskind »

coleodin
Known user

Post by coleodin »

Thanks for posting "Best Thing You Never Had"... I've been waiting for a lonnng time to hear that again. It was spectacular.... As was A Song (I saw them in SF).

Be well, spacemen and spacewomen!
coleodin
Known user

Post by coleodin »

Hah! Just cuz I'm obsessed with this tune, I made a quick EQ'd boost of the live version from Vancouver, using the two known live recordings... the phone one and the video above. It came put pretty good considering the source material was from two phones lol. You can hear Jason's voice a bit more, the slide licks from Doggen, and the bass as well, although the kick drum doesn't come across with as much ferocity as I'd like. If anyone wants to hear it, the link is below. :)

https://we.tl/t-QCsN6WPhDa