arthur mag to archive

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

ro
Known user

arthur mag to archive

Post by ro »

https://twitter.com/arthurmagazine/stat ... nXK1V6O_tQ

We’ve completed a deal with an archival entity to be named later to have the complete 35-issue run of Arthur scanned in high res, indexed, PDFed and archived for (digital) posterity...

I ended up losing track of my copy with their Spz interview
looking forward to reading it again

:D
angel-sighs
Known user

Re: arthur mag to archive

Post by angel-sighs »

Spotted that, also quite excited. As someone who likes physical product though, would be even better if they were available physically in some way! This mag seems right in my wheelhouse in terms of music taste. Every now and again i do an ebay search but nothing comes up.
They also said there is a film of the Arthurfest which just needs finishing off?
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

angel-sighs wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:08 pm Spotted that, also quite excited. As someone who likes physical product though, would be even better if they were available physically in some way! This mag seems right in my wheelhouse in terms of music taste. Every now and again i do an ebay search but nothing comes up.
They also said there is a film of the Arthurfest which just needs finishing off?
I knew this would be on your radar, angelsighs!

I hate to say this… But I finally remembered what happened to my spaceman copy, and in fact all my copies. During various intense clean-outs they’ve all gone to the recycling bin. I would’ve mailed them to you had I thought of it :oops:

A film of that fest would be so nice to see..
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

ro wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:54 pm
angel-sighs wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:08 pm Spotted that, also quite excited. As someone who likes physical product though, would be even better if they were available physically in some way! This mag seems right in my wheelhouse in terms of music taste. Every now and again i do an ebay search but nothing comes up.
I knew this would be on your radar, angelsighs!

I hate to say this… But I finally remembered what happened to my spaceman copy, and in fact all my copies. During various intense clean-outs they’ve all gone to the recycling bin. I would’ve mailed them to you had I thought of it :oops:

A film of that fest would be so nice to see..
Ah thats gutting, yeah i know how that goes. Sometimes things seem obvious candidates for a clean out.. then you feel differently at some point in the future.
Even if they can't do a full reprint, some kind of best of Arthur mag book would be so great!
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

it is. I’ve been feeling bad about this since I posted, not because I want them back, but bc I wish I’d thought to send them to you!

but yeah, there’s only so much time when you’re moving, and only so much that’ll fit in a box.

an arthur book is a terrific idea. there was a lot of darn good writing in there, along with the music coverage.
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

https://arthurmag.com/tag/spiritualized/

It can still be found online. From 2008 promoting Songs In A & E
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

hah, that’s wonderful.. it was right there the whole time!
Thanks, ABOCA.