SPZ - West Coast April 2022

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

spacemanrich
Known user

SPZ - West Coast April 2022

Post by spacemanrich »

Just saw this that SPZ is playing a handful (8-9) shows that I consider the West Coast swing of the U.S., what's not included is a gig in Solano Beach ( of all places ). No L.A. nor San Diego, however, (2) shows in S.F. Going to both shows in S.F.

https://www.spiritualized.com/pages/live
toomilk
Known user

Re: SPZ - West Coast April 2022

Post by toomilk »

Solana Beach is 20 minutes north of San Diego. It's considered a San Diego show for all of us living in the region! Spiritualized has played the Belly Up several times.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

They announced Coachella, which is why there probably no LA shows this time around (or they won't be announced until well after Coachella is on sale). Back when I used to book shows Coachella had terrible exclusivity clauses that would pretty much bar bands from playing anywhere else in southern California. I remember having to see Camera Obscura in Visalia (central california, in between LA and SF) wayyy back in 2009 because of Coachella's contracts.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Oh, didn't know the SPZ is playing Coachella. Man, I wished I went to Coachella 10-15 years ago when the Cure gave a blistering 3+ hour set :cry:
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

toomilk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:08 pm Solana Beach is 20 minutes north of San Diego. It's considered a San Diego show for all of us living in the region! Spiritualized has played the Belly Up several times.
How's the sound there? I got loft seats and have never been.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Multi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:58 pm
toomilk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:08 pm Solana Beach is 20 minutes north of San Diego. It's considered a San Diego show for all of us living in the region! Spiritualized has played the Belly Up several times.
It's ok. Usually pretty quiet. I got loft seats as well! I've never sat up there before. I guess I'll be seeing you up there!
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

toomilk wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:10 pm
It's ok. Usually pretty quiet. I got loft seats as well! I've never sat up there before. I guess I'll be seeing you up there!
What seats do you got? We have 13, 14, 15.

Also, it looks like we're gonna spend the weekend down there -- got any tips for the area?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Now they're doing LA and Big Sur.

Going to get tickets tomorrow morning for Big Sur.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spirituali ... 9251517537

code: floatingocampo
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

Did your Miller Library code work or do you have to wait until tickets are actually on sale?
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

Last time we saw them there, we were standing near to the right of the sound guy and I made a point to tell him just how amazing the sound was that night.
--
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

rbuk20 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:55 am Did your Miller Library code work or do you have to wait until tickets are actually on sale?
It appears we must wait until 10am. I just booked a hotel and can't wait to go to this show! Yay!!
--
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali
Darby
Known user

Post by Darby »

Multi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:08 pm
toomilk wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:10 pm
What seats do you got? We have 13, 14, 15.

Also, it looks like we're gonna spend the weekend down there -- got any tips for the area?
I got the end of row in the loft. Beautiful to see you all there!

The code for Big Sur "floatingocampo" doesn't work for me. Hope I can get in. 🙏 Any suggestions?

As for tips - the area is filled with art galleries around Solana Beach. San Diego has great music venues and eateries. The Gaslamp Quarter is quite lively. Lots of water sports to enjoy. And the beaches between Solana and San Diego are lovely. Bring a large towel, grab some snacks and relax.
“Curiouser and curiouser!”
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

discofries wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:52 am
rbuk20 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:55 am Did your Miller Library code work or do you have to wait until tickets are actually on sale?
It appears we must wait until 10am. I just booked a hotel and can't wait to go to this show! Yay!!

I booked a room this morning and just waiting to buy tickets at 1:00 pm my time. I’m in Florida and making my own west coast tour. I wish Jason’s manager consulted my before booking the dates. The band is really back and forth all over the state. I’m hoping to see them in LA but that’s a long ways.

Does anyone know how the shuttle pickup works for the Henry Miller Library? I’ve been to library but never during an event.
awhigsnet
New user

Post by awhigsnet »

I am so excited about the show at Henry Miller Library. I’m getting online at 10 am hopefully the presale code floatingocampo will work.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

$350 for a pair of tickets. :shock:

I'm going to pass on this sadly. It would be a $600+ trip for me and I'll be seeing them a few weeks later in Scotland.

And yes, everyone asking about the code not working: you've got to wait until 10am PST.
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

awhigsnet wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:08 pm I am so excited about the show at Henry Miller Library. I’m getting online at 10 am hopefully the presale code floatingocampo will work.
Just got my tickets and thank you for the presale code! I'm so stoked to see this show. We've seen them in some pretty iconic locations (World Trade Center, Riverside Church, Terrapin Station, the Vista in LA) YAY! No idea how the shuttle will work but they say we'll get details upon ticket purchase.

Does anyone know if there will be a presale for the Fonda in LA?
--
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

toomilk wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:59 pm Now they're doing LA and Big Sur.

Thank you for posting the code. I was able to purchase tickets! I might end up with an extra ticket if anyone is riding solo.

Is it crazy to try and go to the LA show the night before? Well, I know it’s bonkers but is that trip doable via car?
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

rbuk20 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 pm

Thank you for posting the code. I was able to purchase tickets! I might end up with an extra ticket if anyone is riding solo.

Is it crazy to try and go to the LA show the night before? Well, I know it’s bonkers but is that trip doable via car?
No. It's about a 5-6 hour drive if you don't take your time stopping to take in the views (which admittedly is hard not to do), tho it's an early show, so we will prob not make too many stops. I live in LA and we're going to drive up in the morning the night after the Fonda gig. We're doing the 2 SF shows + Solana Beach. Trying to determine if we're gonna road trip to Santa Fe, Denver and SLC. We did that last time and it was so worth it. Just not sure if we can, due to having a job this time. Hmmm...
--
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

discofries wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:33 pm
rbuk20 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 pm

No. It's about a 5-6 hour drive if you don't take your time stopping to take in the views (which admittedly is hard not to do), tho it's an early show, so we will prob not make too many stops. I live in LA and we're going to drive up in the morning the night after the Fonda gig. We're doing the 2 SF shows + Solana Beach. Trying to determine if we're gonna road trip to Santa Fe, Denver and SLC. We did that last time and it was so worth it. Just not sure if we can, due to having a job this time. Hmmm...
Your tour sounds amazing. I’m going to try and see Mogwai at the Fillmore on Saturday. Sadly, I’m in the same boat as far as work getting in the way. Of course now I really need work to pay for this trip :)

I was on the fence about going to California until they added the Library date. That show was just too special to pass up.
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Would love to see a gig at Henry Miller Library. Such an amazing spot.

Just Vancouver for me this tour.
Darby
Known user

Post by Darby »

Thank you for the code. Very kind of you. See you at the shows. Peace.
“Curiouser and curiouser!”
suskind
Known user

Post by suskind »

This gig poster looks nice. Was told these will be available at the gig (wish they're available online as well). The artist name is somewhat illegible but it's Andrew McGranahan.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaFg240JgKj/
Attachments
henrymiller.jpg
henrymiller.jpg (202.58 KiB) Viewed 7142 times
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

The poster is okay. Much better than this one:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5810381 ... illmore-SF
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

I was planning on buying Balcony seats for the Fonda Theatre show but now I realize that the seats are 1st come. Does anyone know if the extra cost is worth being in the balcony or should I just get a Floor ticket?
Much appreciated.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

spacemanrich wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:41 pm The poster is okay. Much better than this one:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5810381 ... illmore-SF
Hahaha, that SF one is HORRIBLE. I remember being at that show and they handed it to me and I thought, "What is this shit?!" I have most of my Spiritualized posters framed...but I can't justify framing this one. Just sits in my garage now.

If they aren't selling them online, I would greatly appreciate someone going to the Henry Miller show to grab one for me! Pretty please???
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Last edited by Multi on Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

New US dates added for September, Detroit St. Andrews Hall September 16th :D
I think I feel it coming on
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

[s]Anyone looking for tickets for the Solana Beach (SD) show? I have a friend selling two.[/s]

EDIT: No longer available!
Last edited by toomilk on Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

Has anyone received an email about the concert shuttle to the Henry Miller Library?
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

rbuk20 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:10 am Has anyone received an email about the concert shuttle to the Henry Miller Library?
Not yet.
--
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

I was just making sure I didn’t miss their email.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

Still waiting on shuttle info as well.
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

Free Extra Ticket For Big Sur!

I’ve have a extra ticket to the show in Big Sur that I’m hoping someone on this board can use. The ticket is free and I’ll be attending the show, so we can coordinate getting into the Henry Miller Library.

-Royce
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

It's supposed to rain on Thur for that Big Sur Henry Miller show. Grrrr! I have seen nothing about rain or shine or if they move the show indoors.
Will be packing rain gear...
--
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

Cold and wet Thursday night. I’m hoping for the best but not sure how this is going to play. I packed more clothes for the Big Sur show than I did for my entire CA trip.
Fingers crossed!
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

https://twitter.com/officialSpzd/status ... sksnQ&s=19

Venue change:
21st April
The Rio Theatre
Santa Cruz, CA.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

man...I am really bummed.

I spent a lot of money to get an incredible venue and experience, and the Rio does not look to fit that criteria.
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

mywhitenoise wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:08 pm man...I am really bummed.

I spent a lot of money to get an incredible venue and experience, and the Rio does not look to fit that criteria.
You're 100% right. I'm a live event producer so I get it when weather fucks up your event. I empathize about this quite a lot. HOWEVER, we're going from a 250 person intimate venue to a 650 person theater. Same $$ ticket price, which is not in line w the rest of the tour (fine), but the promoter didn't offer anything for those of us that forked over a lot of $ for the experience. I'm writing to the promoter to tell them that they must carve out the first 250 seats up front for the HM ticket holders. The show is going to be GA and they really need to do something extra beyond offering a $25 shuttle credit. Grrrr
Maybe you want to write them and also offer the 'suggestion' of carving out seats for the HM ticket holders? :)

//Rant off.

I'm still excited to see the show! :)
--
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

discofries wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:11 am

You're 100% right. I'm a live event producer so I get it when weather fucks up your event. I empathize about this quite a lot. HOWEVER, we're going from a 250 person intimate venue to a 650 person theater. Same $$ ticket price, which is not in line w the rest of the tour (fine), but the promoter didn't offer anything for those of us that forked over a lot of $ for the experience. I'm writing to the promoter to tell them that they must carve out the first 250 seats up front for the HM ticket holders. The show is going to be GA and they really need to do something extra beyond offering a $25 shuttle credit. Grrrr
Maybe you want to write them and also offer the 'suggestion' of carving out seats for the HM ticket holders? :)

//Rant off.

I sent them an email this afternoon. It made no sense that a pair of HMML tickets were $75 more than purchasing a pair of Rio tickets, and the original ticket holders get scammed out of $50 or more. All they offered me was a full refund, and a recommendation to buy a new pair (which is what I ended up doing). I have no idea how they plan on selling these tickets at those prices with just 2 days to go. The Fonda Theater in LA is charging $60 a ticket for Spiritualized's Wednesday show.

You know, I probably wouldn't even be as upset if they had selected Cocoanut Grove as the venue (if they were set on moving to Santa Cruz) because that venue is amazing, and was probably the best Spiritualized show I've been to when I saw them in 2013. Anyway, say hi to me at the show! I'll probably be the front of the line, the skinny guy with long hair.
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

mywhitenoise wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:14 am
discofries wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:11 am

//Rant off.

I sent them an email this afternoon. It made no sense that a pair of HMML tickets were $75 more than purchasing a pair of Rio tickets, and the original ticket holders get scammed out of $50 or more. All they offered me was a full refund, and a recommendation to buy a new pair (which is what I ended up doing). I have no idea how they plan on selling these tickets at those prices with just 2 days to go. The Fonda Theater in LA is charging $60 a ticket for Spiritualized's Wednesday show.

You know, I probably wouldn't even be as upset if they had selected Cocoanut Grove as the venue (if they were set on moving to Santa Cruz) because that venue is amazing, and was probably the best Spiritualized show I've been to when I saw them in 2013. Anyway, say hi to me at the show! I'll probably be the front of the line, the skinny guy with long hair.
We will be at the Fonda tomorrow. We will be the middle aged couple - guy in a Drugs Not Jobs mask (my husband, jeff) and me in a grey jacket w a hood, long brown/highlight hair (sharon). We'll be up front but prob not against the stage - prob a couple ppl back, more center-ish. I haven't heard back from them w my 'suggestion' nor did they respond saying to get a refund and then repurchase the tix. We just listened to a boot of that Cocoanut Grove show, which had quite a few songs from this new record (as you prob know).
...le sigh... Don't blame the band, this is a promoter/booking agent issue re the ticket prices, timing of the switch, etc. I doubt Jason was deeply in the weeds other than agreeing to the venue.
--
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

The change in venues is a bummer but understandable considering the weather. I’m hoping that with the short notice and ticket prices it will be a very intimate show. I just hope the band gets compensated fairly. I guess I didn’t need to pack my thermals after all :)
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

Just a heads up for the folks getting refunds for the Big Sur and buying new tickets for the Santa Cruz show to make sue Eventbrite refunds the correct order number. We got everything figured out but at first they just refunded my new ticket purchase not the Big Sur package.

Looking forward to tonight in LA and the adventures that tomorrow night brings.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

I didn’t realize that Coachella has offered streaming via YT for a whole decade.

has anyone watched before?

https://youtube.com/c/Coachella
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

ro wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:59 pm I didn’t realize that Coachella has offered streaming via YT for a whole decade.

has anyone watched before?

https://youtube.com/c/Coachella
Watched Spz on there a few years ago (2013 I think). I didn't see them on the streaming lineup last weekend. Did they mix it up for this weekend?
--
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

hiya, I don’t know.. is this the same lineup you’re seeing?

if so, I can only hope “subject to change* means they’ll scrap everything else and just have spiritualized

but yknow. hope springs eternal.
278E90B7-3970-4467-A055-02477D1DE09F.png
278E90B7-3970-4467-A055-02477D1DE09F.png (250.15 KiB) Viewed 6112 times