Spacemen 3 - 13.4.1989 - Willem I Netherlands - DVD

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

evan:)
Known user

Spacemen 3 - 13.4.1989 - Willem I Netherlands - DVD

Post by evan:) »

Finally figured out how to upload a torrent

http://www.purelivegigs.com/forums/show ... php?t=5300

as promised Spacemen 3 at their best at Psychedelic Night in Arnhem Nederlands 13 3 1989.

Its from vhs - shot from multiple angles - lots of close ups - better quality and performance than the forum enger video available.

for track list see the thread on purelivegigs

thanks to catweazel for ftp in the first place :}

enjoy

ev.
burdman72
Known user

torrent

Post by burdman72 »

cheers evan, just started download now! lookin forward to watchin this one!
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

thanks, clearing some hard drive space now...
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I haven't the first idea about torrents, any chance somebody could burn me a DVD of this?

I've got plenty of stuff to swap...

PM me if you're interested
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

I'm in Greeny's boat.

If anyone could burn me a copy of this DVD I can offer plenty of goodies in a trade.

PM me if interested.
burdman72
Known user

dvd

Post by burdman72 »

Ok so here is where i show my ignorance. have just finished downloading the torrent and i am now the proud owner of 4 recordnow image files. just a couple of questions, what are they and how do i play them?????
Known user

burdman just read down page 1 of the thread on purelivegigs

instructions are there
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Does anyone know if I can play the file with Nero (full version)?
Thanks.

d
jamesj1986
Known user

Post by jamesj1986 »

Is that Sonic singing on the second half of Walkin' With Jesus? It looks like it, but I can't think of any other time I've seen or heard him singing on WWJ.
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

jamesj1986 wrote:Is that Sonic singing on the second half of Walkin' With Jesus? It looks like it, but I can't think of any other time I've seen or heard him singing on WWJ.
Yeah, it is pretty unusual. But it is clearly him.

Love,

Ian
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Looks like Sonic Boom was playing band leader. Good video.
I made the IFO file, mounted it using SlySoft Virtual Drive, burned it to DVD using the software that came with my computer.

Interested in trading if anyone cant deal with the torrent. Mainly 1995 era Spiritualized.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

there is a free program called dvd decrypter that can burn these files, i think that they were made with a roxio program which would explain the extensions. i didn't have any luck with nero...
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

SpaceLine wrote:there is a free program called dvd decrypter that can burn these files, i think that they were made with a roxio program which would explain the extensions. i didn't have any luck with nero...
How do you do this? I have extracted the VOB files using ISOBuster like the thread on the sebsite says, but can't work DVD Encrypter at all. I don't really know what I'm doing to be honest. I really don't understand that program. The only way I've been able to watch it is using the preview on DVDShrink, but it's really, really cool.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

I went to Slysoft.com and got a free program that's a virtual clone drive. Than you can right click your ISO file and mount the image so it will look like a normal DVD with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. Playing from this drive will take forever so I would use the DVD burning software that came with your computer to burn this virtual DVD to a real DVD. Now if it doesn't play you migt need something like AnyDVD because it may be a different region DVD and not play on your DVD player but your computer...
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

you know i didn't read that link above so i'm not sure how to use those programs. i've used decrypter in the past, i think you just choose an option to burn a file and navigate to that file and let it go. let me recheck tonight.

if anyone over in the UK has got this done properly then hopefully they can make some copies and post them out to those who can't get this sorted. if not i can make a copy and send it over to one of you with a dvd burner who can then make copies and pass it around.
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

If anyone in the UK fancies PMing me - well, I always like to say hi to new people...

Love,

Ian
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

I got this in a trade a few months ago. I'm not sure if I was meant to share it but I thought what the heck...it's a lot better than Enger.

To be honest, as I told the bloke who sent it to me....my jaw hit the floor - and then I rolled one ;)

I put the original files (rars) on an ftp which were then downloaded by someone here - Evan, I believe, cheers mate.

(thank god someone did!) It was then posted on Pure and Dime. Again, much respectio for sharing this fine gig with others.

For the last 3 months i've been dancing on a thin line somewhere between broke and debt ridden with a mortgage to pay. Around the time I put it on the ftp I also promised 3 people i'd post a copy to them (as it was deleted by then) but I'm here to kindly ask someone else to step up and help me.

Yes...I am that skint I cannot afford to pop down to Lidl and pick up 25 blanks for a fiver. This mortgage is killing me....

If those 3 people I offered it to still don't have it; could they reply here and ask someone else for copies? If you stick with me it may well be the frosty season of goodwill before you get em'. I'm sorry.

----------

And now for some useful information.

The rars extract to a global .gi file. I used STOMP RECORDNOW MAX to build the image. It's not hard to find and it's free. I've had mine installed for about 3 years (at least) so look for an older version.

Google "Stomp RecordNow Max".

Install it.

Then on the first prompt; click on 'Return to Stomp RecordNow Max'.
Then click on the 'image' icon.
Then click on 'file' and find the shortest (labelled) file (.gi) and select 'open'.

Press the Red (Record) Button.

[The following is essential otherwise the disc will result in errors]

Roll one whilst waiting for the disc to record.

Enjoy

Remove brain from sieve.
They Transmit
Known user

!!!!!!!!

Post by They Transmit »

Fuck me this is pretty amazing stuff!!

Thanks a million for this!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
Known user

Some backround....

"The band took advantage of their stop off in Amsterdam to score cheap smack before departing. Sonic and Jason paid a hundred quid to a dealer who'd wandered backstage after a show looking to pawn a few grams on the cheap. When he returned with the goods several hours later, he included a copy of Aleister Crowleys infamous Diary of drug fiend.

With its permissive dictum "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law", Crowleys manual of drug euphoria and addiction became required reading for everyone in the van over the next four weeks. As for the large cache of smack, it disappeared within days: Sonic, Will and Jason smoked it down, relaxing to the sounds streaming from within their own skulls. The smoke hazed over half forgotten dates in Arnhem, followed by a detour to Paris for a performance at the Rex club."

from Spacemen 3 by Eric Morse
sunray
Known user

Re: Spacemen 3 - 13.4.1989 - Willem I Netherlands - DVD

Post by sunray »

I'm new to the forum so this may seem cheeky, but would anyone be willing to burn a copy for me on to disc as i downloaded it a while back but couldnt figure out how to watch the bloody thing! :( Bit new to the technological age me. Anyway, hopefully someone will take pity and we can work out some kind of a deal, thanks.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

I'm on a sp3 mission later this week for someone else here, i can get a copy to you, just send an e-mail to asking for it...(i forget easy..)
Last edited by catweazel on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noisette
Known user

Post by noisette »

could anybody tell me if it's a region free dvd??

i would really like to see it.

thanks

me.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Seconded!
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

yeah, any chance of a region free copy floating around? porkchop+torrents=??? Can't sign on. noisette, did you get this yet?
noisette
Known user

Post by noisette »

nothing yet porky.

i'll let you know if one appears.

me.
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

I guess they're all gone. Or it isn't region freeeeeeee.

myspace.com/oldtoytrains
buglet
New user

Post by buglet »

Hi folks,
Could anyone upload this onto a public tracker, purelivegigs seems to have gone tits up!
Bouncing giddily on the spot....
B

[edited to add that i've managed to find the torrent, but no-one is seeding. Any chance of some kind soul hosting for a wee while?? :lol: ]
satanicmajesties
New user

Post by satanicmajesties »

Hello,
Can you seed the torrent on pure live gig please?
Or if it's possible to have the dvd by another method?
Thanks
yangen
Known user

Post by yangen »

Since people may not be aware, I dig this one up as the filmer uploaded the whole show recently on youtube
http://youtu.be/7Gnj9tFuTTc
This is definitely an upgrade, especially sound-wise. Damn I would love to get this in DVD quality...
aadamm
Known user

Post by aadamm »

This is wonderful.