Leftfield Are Back

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

sunray
Known user

Leftfield Are Back

Post by sunray »

Leftfield playing Rockness Festival in June: http://www.rockness.co.uk/

Saw them in Dublin in 1996 with The Chemical Brothers and Fluke as support :D 8) Still one of the greatest gigs i was ever at.

Saw them a further 3 times in the summer of 2000, not as good. All festival appearances though so volume was an issue, plus they played the exact same set on all three occasions.

Would love to think they've been secretly working on a new album the past few years.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Re: Leftfield Are Back

Post by ORBITAL »

I will probably go for this.

Leftism in my top 5 of all time
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

sunray wrote:Leftfield playing Rockness Festival in June: http://www.rockness.co.uk/

Saw them in Dublin in 1996 with The Chemical Brothers and Fluke as support :D 8) Still one of the greatest gigs i was ever at.

Saw them a further 3 times in the summer of 2000, not as good. All festival appearances though so volume was an issue, plus they played the exact same set on all three occasions.

Would love to think they've been secretly working on a new album the past few years.
The thought of a new album... now thats interesting!

saw Leftfield at the Glasgow Barrowland back in 96 I think? ,f8ckin` storming one of the loudest shows I ever witnessed ,never heard a bass sound like it, floor vibrating and everything ,probably put it in my top 10 gigs ,don`t know about seeing them in a festival setting though .
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

They're playing indoor shows in Belfast, Dublin, Manchester and Sheffield from June 2nd - 6th. Got my ticket today :D

Was expecting indoor gigs to be announced in the autumn, certainly didn't think there'd be any before any of their festival appearances.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

No Scottish date (except Rock Ness ,my sister in-law lives on the banks off Loch Ness ,but by the time I took the family up their for a couple of days it would probably cost me £200 quid to go forr the day ,nieces and nephews working their could probably swing a one day freebie but still a festival ), I want to see them in a concert hall!!! ,this piss`s me off ,big fan off The Black Keys ,they have a new album out and the UK tour consists off about 4 English dates and an appearance at T-In The Park,i would rather have my left bollock chopped of than suffer the hordes at that shit hole,T-In The Park can`t be the Scottish leg of a European tour its just crappy treatment off your fans ,while I`m on this theme ,Spiritualized never brought LAGWAFIS to Scotland either ,ever get the feeling your being treated like a second class citizen!!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

New single Pulse taken from the album This Is What We Do, due for release in December :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2-U9VJr2Iw&t=208s

Video wouldn't embed for some reason :?
ibex1251
Known user

Post by ibex1251 »

Had this on heavy rotation the last few days. Like it a lot!
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

Not doing a thing for me
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Have to say after playing it 3/4 times I think its a thumbs up here, can feel a bit weird listening to some of these "superannuated" electro acts at times, they don`t half feel out of time and place if they aren`t careful, was listening to the Orbital 30 a bit, the good bits are still good but some of it and Orbitals general sound hasn`t aged well imo
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I really enjoyed that.

Those guys were always masters of the deep & heavy bass, and that remains. I love they’ve used the classic ‘Amen’ d&b drum loop - or at least a variation of it - and it has that trebly, tinny quality throughout. Everything else is filling out the sound… psychedelic filters and all!
One to be played loud I think!
O P 8
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

It sounds like Orbital meets The Stooges with a hint of Phat Planet to my ears. But obviously not as good as that description would suggest! Looking forward to the album anyways, double lp duly ordered :D
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

have a mad video as well, psychedelic and heavy, like it tbh but its still...