The Heads are back

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

olan
Known user

The Heads are back

Post by olan »

New 7" https://fortemusicdistribution.bandcamp ... born-to-go

Details of undersided box set and show with Mudhoney in London in September: https://www.psychedelicbabymag.com/2022 ... -only.html

Pretty excited about this. Guessing there will be a Bristol show the night before the London gig too.
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: The Heads are back

Post by TheWarmth »

Is there a reason why they won't record a new album or a full tour?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

:shock: :D 8)

If i hadn't just ordered the two different coloured singles i'd swear this was some sick April Fool's joke.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

TheWarmth wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:53 pm Is there a reason why they won't record a new album or a full tour?
Personal differences and a dislike of touring i think. Happy to be corrected on that.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:03 pm :shock: :D 8)

If i hadn't just ordered the two different coloured singles i'd swear this was some sick April Fool's joke.
Even I wouldn't stoop so low as to make an April Fool's joke about The Heads
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

TheWarmth wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:53 pm Is there a reason why they won't record a new album or a full tour?
Bunch o lazy hippies....

I think that The Heads is at best a hobby. They all have jobs and families these days. I want the Kandodo set from Liverpool Psyzk Fest to be released before anything new from The Heads. To be honest I don't really need any more mini disc recordings from The Circle In The Square.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I gave up on the limited edition cd releases of rehearsal space recordings. Some of them are unlistenable. I ordered the new 7" because it's studio material.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

sunray wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:03 pm :shock: :D 8)

Same!
I think I feel it coming on
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

olan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:41 pm Pretty excited about this. Guessing there will be a Bristol show the night before the London gig too.
If there was another decent gig in London that weekend i might be tempted. A repeat of 2009 would be nice; The Heads blow Mudhoney off the stage at Koko coupled with Spiritualized at the RFH.
Don't think i've been to the Electric Ballroom since Stereolab in 1994.

Then again, if there was a Bristol show i could do that then head up to Liverpool for the Rose City Band the following night. In all likelihood i'll do neither as it's the week after Electric Picnic.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:45 pm
olan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:41 pm Pretty excited about this. Guessing there will be a Bristol show the night before the London gig too.
If there was another decent gig in London that weekend i might be tempted. A repeat of 2009 would be nice; The Heads blow Mudhoney off the stage at Koko coupled with Spiritualized at the RFH.
Don't think i've been to the Electric Ballroom since Stereolab in 1994.

Then again, if there was a Bristol show i could do that then head up to Liverpool for the Rose City Band the following night. In all likelihood i'll do neither as it's the week after Electric Picnic.
Ah bollocks. Don't tell me it clashes with RCB in Liverpool. What a pain in the arse as I have never seen RCB and definitely want to change that. Might have to take in their MCR show instead. Decisions, decisions...
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Yep RCB in Liverpool Sat.10th Sept. Same night as The Heads in London. But as you suggested they may play in Bristol the night before.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

The Heads do seem to have a case of Acid Mothers Temple syndrome where seemingly every note played in rehearsal is deemed worthy of release. I guess if you are a true hardcore fan, it is. I'm more of a casual fan.

Can't seem to find a full details and tracklisting for the boxset? Guess that will follow closer to the time
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Undersided Boxset/ Double lp/ 2cd available for preorder at the usual places.

They are also playing Bristol on Friday 9th September as well as the London gig w/Mudhoney the following night. Hmmm...Bristol is a definite tempter.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

100 quid for the 4LP boxset!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angel-sighs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:00 pm 100 quid for the 4LP boxset!
2 cds and a slip mat and booklet in there as well, I think its value for money if its your bag, whether it needs or deserves such a deep dive is another matter. Compare it to the ludicrous price for Black Rebel Motorcycle Clubs - BRMC boxset, £130 with postage, dl album and a single 9 track album of out takes and a booklet, that`s taking the piss, i`m afraid my vinyl purchases are going have to be a bit more considered, both those albums stand alone reissue versions are coming in at nearly £40 each !!

Funny the BJM album in a gatefold sleeve is widely available for £18, somebody is at it somewhere
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Yeah i guess the cds etc add more value. I still think they are charging more than they would a few years ago. The BRMC one is another level you're right. Vinyl prices seem to be all over the place at the moment. Boxsets are one thing but also seeing double albums at 30-40 quid sometimes.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

niamhm wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:42 pm . Compare it to the ludicrous price for Black Rebel Motorcycle Clubs - BRMC boxset, £130 with postage, dl album and a single 9 track album of out takes and a booklet, that`s taking the piss,
Spotted this and thought of your post here. BRMC have released the 9 outtakes as a standalone vinyl, which is fair enough. But Rough Trade are selling for £33 so someones definitely taking the piss somewhere!

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/black-reb ... -gun-demos
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angel-sighs wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:45 pm
niamhm wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:42 pm . Compare it to the ludicrous price for Black Rebel Motorcycle Clubs - BRMC boxset, £130 with postage, dl album and a single 9 track album of out takes and a booklet, that`s taking the piss,
Spotted this and thought of your post here. BRMC have released the 9 outtakes as a standalone vinyl, which is fair enough. But Rough Trade are selling for £33 so someones definitely taking the piss somewhere!

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/black-reb ... -gun-demos
Rough Trade are definitely at it, they are always £3/4/5 dearer than anyone else, robbing bast#rds in my opinion, I did manage to get it from a shop in Glasgow, Strip Joint Records, who have been pretty decent in my limited dealing with them, managed to get it in a summer sale with 30% off, original price £29 so got almost £10 off it, pays to shop around the lesson there
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Posts on social media look like they are in a studio recording. At first I thought perhaps they were just rehearsing, but they posted an image of a microphone at the bottom of a staircase with the caption "ambient drum mic." Anyone know anything?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

TheWarmth wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:26 pm Posts on social media look like they are in a studio recording. At first I thought perhaps they were just rehearsing, but they posted an image of a microphone at the bottom of a staircase with the caption "ambient drum mic." Anyone know anything?
Just rehearsals for their two gigs this weekend i assume. Maybe to be released at a later date?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Undersided boxset #263 arrived today. It looks great but i've not had a chance to listen to any of it yet.

I do suspect that a couple of the Live at Thekla tracks on the two bonus cd's were already released by Cardinal Fuzz as Reverberations Vol.2. Haven't checked the dates so can't confirm, but I would be slightly disappointed if true. Oh and no download codes either (which happened with the Everybody Knows...box too).