Band member unwell/Cancellation of Philly show

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Laz69
Known user

Band member unwell/Cancellation of Philly show

Post by Laz69 »

(Felt this was a little lost in the Gigs section and thought it deserved a more general thread. )

Really hope it ain't anything serious. Wouldn't expect an official press release or anything on whats happened, but i hope there is some confirmation thats its nothing serious and everyone is ok.

Positive vibes
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: Band member unwell/Cancellation of Philly show

Post by BzaInSpace »

Alan just heard from management that’s it’s exhaustion, not sure who but it’s nothing serious, hope the remaining dates go ahead!
O P 8
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

BzaInSpace wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:25 pm Alan just heard from management that’s it’s exhaustion, not sure who but it’s nothing serious, hope the remaining dates go ahead!
Good to hear. Thanks for the update.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Very good to hear and hoping for a full recovery. Detroit just knocked our heads off, so much so that this morning we booked air and hotel for the last show of this tour tomorrow night in NYC. We're keeping the band member in our prayers first and foremost 🙏
I think I feel it coming on
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

From Spiritualized's management:
"Yes, all ok. A little exhaustion. We’re just working it all out now. Please reassure everyone that there’s nothing to worry about".
Enjoy the Beacon Steve. It's great venue. Much bigger than St Andrews :wink:
Sorry for the duplicate response(also in Gigs section).
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Love and best wishes for a speedy recovery to whoever this may concern.
X
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

BROKENHEART wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:12 pm Love and best wishes for a speedy recovery to whoever this may concern.
X
what Brokenheart said
♥️
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

There's a twitter user with a report of what happened (based, they say, on a relative who worked at the venue). Obviously this is unsubstantiated and could be complete rubbish, so make of it what you will. But here's the thread, if you're interested.
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

Jebus Sabes wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:28 pm There's a twitter user with a report of what happened (based, they say, on a relative who worked at the venue). Obviously this is unsubstantiated and could be complete rubbish, so make of it what you will. But here's the thread, if you're interested.
That's exactly what a couple of people there said too, as I was walking back to my car and seeing little groups chatting.

The ambulance was there for a while, and then it just sat there after [the person] was brought out. I believe it was someone from the venue who asked us all to move down the sidewalk and put our phones away, appealing to our humanity ❤️

Pretty unreal (or very real), and just...sad.
Last edited by swmcsherry on Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ...if you've got a lonely heart too...

- Come on baby, stop your crying

- Don't wanna live, but I can't resist

- I would rather add some life to my years
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Very sad to hear about this. And it seems that tall three of the last shows are cancelled which is worrying. This has been stuck in my head all day.

I know it isn't our business and I have no interest in ghoulishly raking the internet for information, but if anyone in the know can keep us in the loop with any simple, non-specific and non-personal updates I'd appreciate it. We're all big fans of the whole group here and I really hope they realise how important they each are and the impact that their performances have had on us in recent months. Their Glasgow show in May was a life-affirming and comforting highlight of what has been a particularly tough year for me.

With best wishes and support.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

When this was first reported yesterday i had assumed it was the bass player. Was under the impression he was the party-head of the band now.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
squirrel
Known user

Post by squirrel »

sunray wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:17 pm When this was first reported yesterday i had assumed it was the bass player. Was under the impression he was the party-head of the band now.
I figured J, Bales, Doggen, and the bass player are irreplaceable on short notice. Whoever it is, hope they get better. Whoever that child is spamming social media has problems.
diesel_foxxy
Known user

Post by diesel_foxxy »

SPZ were supposed to be on The Jimmy Fallon Show tonight (Monday 9/26). Bummer but most importantly hope band member is recovering and gets well soon. Some of the best shows I’ve seen since 1995/6 this year (Austin Scoot Inn, TN at The Caverns) we’re just magical. Sending nothing but positive vibes to the band member that went ill. Take Good Care of It…
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

diesel_foxxy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:47 am SPZ were supposed to be on The Jimmy Fallon Show tonight (Monday 9/26). Bummer but most importantly hope band member is recovering and gets well soon. Some of the best shows I’ve seen since 1995/6 this year (Austin Scoot Inn, TN at The Caverns) we’re just magical. Sending nothing but positive vibes to the band member that went ill. Take Good Care of It…
That's rotten. Hopefully they get back to play the show sometime soon.
swmcsherry
Known user

Any news? RE: Band member unwell/Cancellation of Philly show

Post by swmcsherry »

But seriously, has anyone heard anything about what happened/how everyone is?

It's been a week - the Philly show would have just been wrapping up - and I'm still feeling, I don't know, incomplete. It was unsettling, and still is.

I had taken a pic of the groovy sky (and the top of the bus) and of the ambulance, before we knew what was going on. Some of us thought there was an issue at the next-door restaurant and noted that we shouldn't eat there :?

Oasis22
New user

Re: Any news? RE: Band member unwell/Cancellation of Philly show

Post by Oasis22 »

swmcsherry wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:09 am But seriously, has anyone heard anything about what happened/how everyone is?

It's been a week - the Philly show would have just been wrapping up - and I'm still feeling, I don't know, incomplete. It was unsettling, and still is.

I had taken a pic of the groovy sky (and the top of the bus) and of the ambulance, before we knew what was going on. Some of us thought there was an issue at the next-door restaurant and noted that we shouldn't eat there :?
swmcsherry wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:09 am But seriously, has anyone heard anything about what happened/how everyone is?

I agree. The silence worries me. Wish we could have more info on the situation.
Rokkenwithdokken
Known user

Post by Rokkenwithdokken »

Japan tour dates cancelled now too
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

yangen
Known user

Post by yangen »

Had ticket for the Tokyo show next week, that would have been my first Spiritualized show. Bummer!

Hope everybody is safe and quickly recovering.
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

Just saw this on Facebook, of all places, and sped here to see if it had been added. So grateful for an update, but of course still concerned 🖤

ro
Known user

Post by ro »

please rest assured that everyone is recovering well

this is indeed good to hear
Thank you
slide_song
Known user

Post by slide_song »

ro wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:27 pm please rest assured that everyone is recovering well

this is indeed good to hear
Thank you
amen. this is the only thing that matters.
endsprings
Known user

Post by endsprings »

Jebus Sabes wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:28 pm There's a twitter user with a report of what happened (based, they say, on a relative who worked at the venue). Obviously this is unsubstantiated and could be complete rubbish, so make of it what you will. But here's the thread, if you're interested.
Can't believe J still does heroin does he? I don't believe that!!!!
https://soundcloud.com/endsprings
https://dustwindtales.wordpress.com
https://endsprings.bandcamp.com
https://twitter.com/endsprings
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

endsprings wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:53 pm
Can't believe J still does heroin does he? I don't believe that!!!!
I encountered a butthead on the way back to my car - I expressed my sadness and he said something like, "well, we all know what happened, an OD is no surprise with a history like that".

I mean...speculation is one thing, but his know-it-all-y and derisive tone pissed me off. Why was he bothering to go to the show in the first place 🤦‍♀️