Dead Skeletons- Dead Magick LP

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spzretent
Site Admin

Dead Skeletons- Dead Magick LP

Post by spzretent »

Gotta be of interest to some you.
http://www.dead.is/deadskeletons.html
you can stream the entire lp.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
olliemorr
Known user

Re: Dead Skeletons- Dead Majick LP

Post by olliemorr »

spzretent wrote:Gotta be of interest to some you.
http://www.dead.is/deadskeletons.html
you can stream the entire lp.
Fantastic album. Been looking forward to this release for a while now. Should be right up people's streets here.
JakeCardigan
Known user

Re: Dead Skeletons- Dead Majick LP

Post by JakeCardigan »

Thanks for the heads up, really liked the single Dead Mantra which came out on Anton Newcombe's label
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyrOGRxF0E
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Dead Skeletons- Dead Magick LP

Post by spzretent »

Time to bump this thread.
Anyone get it yet?
This record is so good.
Very limited(and expensive) double colored heavyweight vinyl copies around.
I order from Amazon UK on 12/27 and am still waiting for mine. :evil:
Looks tasty though!
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

pre-ordered the double vinyl in October, got it in November with a vinyl of Dead Mantra thrown in. Oh man, this just gets better with each listen. Hoping they're part of the next line up announcement for APF5 8)
I think I feel it coming on
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

How is the Dead Mantra 10"?
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

essentially track 1 from the lp and a very cool dead mantra etched on the b-side. the lp is fuckin fantastic :!:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I'll stick w/LP.
TogetherWeCan
Known user

Post by TogetherWeCan »

Loving the vinyl. Lots of interest and a great reaction every time I’ve played it out. A true gem!
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Just wanted to say thanks for you guys raving about this album. After checking on youtube what the fuzz was all about, I got the album on vinyl and I'm absolutely loving it! so cheers for the tip! :wink:
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Finally got mine. A beautiful package. Great sounding monster heavyweight vinyl. Definitely worth extra cash.
Am I nuts or is there no physical Cd of this?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Desperately been trying to get hold of this on the double coloured vinyl. Saw that HMV had it stock on line for £25 (http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=419482) so have put in an order on there, but I'm not holding out much hope. I tried ordering the Gnod/White Hills double LP from them a few months ago after seeing they had it stock but nothing came of that either. I'm sure I read on the band website that they are re-releasing it on double black vinyl which would be great, though I'd still like get my hands on the original issue.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Rather predicitably, HMV came back to me stating that they could not get hold of this LP even though it said it was in stock on their website. Anyone know where I can get a copy of this? There's nothing on E-Bay, Discogs or Musicstack.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Have managed to pick this up from a shop on Amazon for under £25. I'm hoping its the double coloure version, though I know Cargo are doing a repress of 500 on black vinyl (though this isn't due out till the end of Feb). So I've either stumbled across the last couple of copies of the original coloured pressing or a seller that's managed to secure the black vinyl early (fingers crossed its the former). For anyone that's interested in this too, this is where I picked it up:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Magick-VIN ... ef=mb_oe_l

They've only got one in stock now so I think it's worth a punt either way bearing in mind there's a chap on Discogs offering it for £100 and he's not even sure whether its the black or coloured vinyl version :shock:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I knew I shouldn't have got my hopes up...just received the record, which was sealed, and its the BLACK vinyl edition. It's still a bit of a collectors item as only 500 of these have been pressed apparently, but it would have been a right result if it had been the double coloured version :(
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

sunray wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:40 pm Getting a repress on Fuzz Club: https://fuzzclub.com/products/dead-skel ... ck-reissue
Appears both are sold out.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Still some copies available for pre order in some shops, Rough Trade maintaining their reputation as robbing/chiselling bastards by marking it up by £6 on the Fuzz Club price :roll:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Glad I acted quickly.
Got the colored vinyl.
Nice added touch is Fuzz Club subtracted VAT for orders outside of UK which paid for much of the shipping.
I am pretty sure Rough Trade do the same.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

spzretent wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:38 pm Glad I acted quickly.
Got the colored vinyl.
Nice added touch is Fuzz Club subtracted VAT for orders outside of UK which paid for much of the shipping.
I am pretty sure Rough Trade do the same.
Hmm...I had taxes added on for Ireland :evil: I was sure Fuzz Club had euro distribution :?
Norman remove the VAT but that comes with the proviso i might get hit for charges my end. Hasn't happened yet mind you. Black vinyl still available at Norman btw.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

Fuzz Club membership is great value.

Even for records that aren't the monthly membership release you get 10% off plus free shipping.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Looks like Piccadilly Records have both versions.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Got word that mine shipped today.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

sunray wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:26 pm Got word that mine shipped today.
So did I and that`s great, looking forward to it arriving, a bit puzzled to wtf my Primal Scream - Live At Levitation from Fuzz Club is though ordered way before this release, the Fuzz - Levitation Sessions took an absolute age to arrive as well, current record holder is the latest Glasvegas album which I pre ordered back last Feb which still hasn`t arrived, latest update said this month and cited among other things as "cardboard shortage in Europe" in mitigation :roll:
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

Fuzz Club must be the most erratic service going. I'm waiting on half a dozen records for them, don't think anything's ever turned up on time.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

My LP showed up today in a snow storm.
4 sharp corners.
A miracle.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Mine is being held in customs awaiting my payment of an extra €12.50 :evil: :roll: Maybe i won't be buying any more of those proposed JAMC reissues from Fuzz Club after all.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Even with the super heavy sleeves one of them still arrived with a seam split :evil:
I'm getting rather tired of split inners/outers when paying a lot of money for records. I realise there isn't too much can be done to prevent it, other than the usual remove the records from the cover, but it's still annoying.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:17 pm Even with the super heavy sleeves one of them still arrived with a seam split :evil:
I'm getting rather tired of split inners/outers when paying a lot of money for records. I realise there isn't too much can be done to prevent it, other than the usual remove the records from the cover, but it's still annoying.
I'm in full agreement with you on this Joycey. Split seams, ripped inners and crushed corners piss me off. I've really cut back on buying LPs since the first lock down largely because of how fucked up a lot of the records arriving here were. Packing an LP is not rocket science but the state of some of the cheap, shitty mailers used by labels these days suggest they don't give a shit.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

olan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:35 pm
sunray wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:17 pm Even with the super heavy sleeves one of them still arrived with a seam split :evil:
I'm in full agreement with you on this Joycey. Split seams, ripped inners and crushed corners piss me off. I've really cut back on buying LPs since the first lock down largely because of how fucked up a lot of the records arriving here were. Packing an LP is not rocket science but the state of some of the cheap, shitty mailers used by labels these days suggest they don't give a shit.
Name and shame, I`m going for GuruGuruBrain, the packaging is ridiculous, like a pizza box with some squggily paper inside, costs a fortune and your record has a good chance of coming from Holland like a beat up car boot purchase, yeah sick of it, although tbf the Dead Skeleton album must be the heaviest tip on sleeve I own, no idea how a record could bust through that
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

My Dead Skeletons is arriving today (with the rest of my quarterly Fuzz Club bundle) so hopefully it's all intact.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

niamhm wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:32 pm although tbf the Dead Skeleton album must be the heaviest tip on sleeve I own, no idea how a record could bust through that
Just to clarify, it was one of the inner sleeves that had split (a consistent problem with Rocket i've found). Like you say, you'd have to be going some to bust through the Dead Skeletons cover.
What is the selling point of a tip-on sleeve anyway? Never understood why it gets mentioned in the blurb. Is it a retro thing or are they actually stronger? :?
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

niamhm wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:32 pm
olan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:35 pm
Name and shame, I`m going for GuruGuruBrain, the packaging is ridiculous, like a pizza box with some squggily paper inside, costs a fortune and your record has a good chance of coming from Holland like a beat up car boot purchase, yeah sick of it, although tbf the Dead Skeleton album must be the heaviest tip on sleeve I own, no idea how a record could bust through that
It is easier to list the people who do packaging outstandingly well. Of recent purchases, Lulu at Electric Moon/Zone Six, VinylMePlease, the label that released the Carlton Melton Point Arena set on vinyl. Most everything else that arrives intact does so through pure fluke.
Last edited by olan on Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I sell loads of records online. All go out the same way. Cardboard mailer, 2 12 x 12 cardboard inserts, record separated and taken out of sleeve and put inside a pvc outer sleeve. Unless sealed. Never have any problems.
What is that squiggly carved up paper European labels sometimes used like Fuzz Club? Weird. A miracle it arrived fine.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I suspect the 'squiggly paper' is supposed to act as a cushion, much like bubble wrap. Not sure it does though.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

My copy arrived in perfect condition from Fuzz Club. Helped that it was sent with my quarterly membership bundle + other orders rather than on its own. Even the environmentally friendly passing materials are bulletproof in bulk.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I have 3 different pressings of this album. The last one I picked up at Austin Psych Fest when Dead Skeletons performed. Met Nonni after the show and he signed it for me. Great gig where he burned a ton of incense and created an original painting during the first song while I was sat on the hill next to Sonic during the performance 🤟
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

I waited 11 years to get this on vinyl after first reading about it on here - finally got hold of the two colour Fuzz Club version last week.

Absolute 100% classic, well worth the wait, so thanks a million to the evangelists from back in 2011!
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

I forgot I bought the a recording version back when it was first released! Just rediscovered it a couple days ago!
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Dead Skeletons 'Live In Berlin' 2LP available for half price in the 50% off Fuzz Club sale. Use the code BLACKFRIDAY50 and you'll get it for under a tenner! There may be other items of interest to some folks. Sale ends midnight on Sunday.

https://fuzzclub.com/collections/sale

I'm slightly miffed as they had a 25% off sale very recently and i got the above plus a Sonic Jesus 7" remixed by Sonic Boom. If i'd thought 50% off was forthcoming i'd have held off. Minor quibble though as tbf i was happy to pay what i did.