What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

swmcsherry
Known user

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by swmcsherry »

slide_song wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:54 pm
swmcsherry wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:27 am How were the shows? Didn't make it, too much traveling lately!
oh my lord, they were just incredible!
i hear you about the traveling though. it is an adventure, but one that definitely wears you out and can be so expensive even if you are trying to be careful and rough it.
i’ve honestly been looking at their march uk tour dates though and trying to figure out how i could possibly make a few of them because i guess i’m crazy :?
Oh, how fabulous. I'm glad you enjoyed the shows!

I had just gotten home from Iceland the day before and was getting ready to go to North Carolina on Tuesday for Thanksgiving, so was really bummed not to make it to Philly. Should have just done it.

If you love them, already know the show was great, and can swing some UK dates, I say DO IT! I'm planning out some trips for next year around Iggy Pop in Chicago and London, and a few other things 😁
- ...if you've got a lonely heart too...

- Come on baby, stop your crying

- Don't wanna live, but I can't resist

- I would rather add some life to my years
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

Coming up, I have:

Algiers - Brooklyn 12/15/22 (Hadn't heard of them because I live in a bubble, but someone mentioned them at the 9/15 Chicago Spiritualized show. Checked 'em out and found that they're diggable.)
They Might be Giants - Providence, 12/30/22
Dita Von Teese - Chicago 2/14/22 (Not a music gig, but I have always wanted to see her!)
Dandy Warhols - Brooklyn 3/3/23
Iggy Pop - Chicago 3/10/23
Yo La Tengo - Brooklyn 3/18/23
Iggy Pop & Blondie - London 7/1/23 (Thinking about Vida in Spain purely for Spiritualized, just hoping that when the lineup comes out they're not scheduled for 7/1 too...)

I'm so excited for all of it! Keeping my eye on the Caverns schedule in Tennessee because it's just a great venue...

swmcsherry
Known user

Re: BTS? No, not the boy band. Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by swmcsherry »

swmcsherry wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:22 pm Maybe some Built to Spill shows on the west coast - missed them when they were closer to home, and will be elsewhere for most of November.

Who has seen them on this tour - how has it been so far?
Responding to myself - the Built to Spill shows have been incredible.

The openers, Blood Lemon and Prism Bitch, have such great energy - they got everyone really worked up 😁

And Built to Spill - 👌

herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Blur is playing in Belgium this summer, but the tickets are a bloody 60€... Should I go? is it worth that money? Are they live still relevant? Questions, questions, questions...
"Thank you"
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

herman wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:29 am Blur is playing in Belgium this summer, but the tickets are a bloody 60€... Should I go? is it worth that money? Are they live still relevant? Questions, questions, questions...
Tickets in Dublin range from €79.65 - €89.90 before fees! Bear in mind that the support may not be to your liking either; Slowthai and Self Esteem appear to be the order of the day. I've no interest in Blur so none of it makes any odds to me really.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

17 Dec - might be going to see Quatermass III (current band of Gordon King from World Of Twist/Earl Brutus) at the Hope and Ruin in Brighton, although it's only a few months since we last saw them so it's a bit up in the air, especially considering that the next night...

18 Dec - The Bootleg Beatles at The Brighton Centre. Yes, I would have scoffed too in the past, but we were given a couple of freebies by an old mate a few years ago, thought "Why not?", and absolutely loved it. This will be our third time of seeing them, plus I took a mate on another occasion. It's going to be skewed towards Please Please Me (60th anniversary), the previous times I've seen them were heavy on The White Album, Abbey Road and Let It Be.

7 Feb - Mogwai at The Garage in London. A Christmas present for my wife, we haven't seen them before so the chance to do so at a small venue was too good to pass up.

23 Feb - Luke Haines & Peter Buck at Chalk in Brighton. We are REM fans from the old days (we honeymooned in Athens Georgia over the 91/92 new year to take in the scene and ended up bumping into the whole band). Haven't heard their collaboration yet but this has got to be interesting.

1 April - The Go! Team at Chalk again. Another family favourite, just so feel-good and uplifting.

My youngest is excited to see Blur at Wembley next year, and we are fans in this household, but having seen them a good few times in the 90s I have no appetite to see them (or anybody) in a stadium. We did one Wembley Stadium gig in 1987 and promised ourselves we'd never do it again!
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Ian wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:22 pm 17 Dec - might be going to see Quatermass III (current band of Gordon King from World Of Twist/Earl Brutus) at the Hope and Ruin in Brighton, although it's only a few months since we last saw them so it's a bit up in the air, especially considering that the next night...

7 Feb - Mogwai at The Garage in London. A Christmas present for my wife, we haven't seen them before so the chance to do so at a small venue was too good to pass up.
Hey Ian, are you aware that Gordon King released an autobiography 'When Does The Mind-Bending Start? The Life & Times Of World Of Twist' earlier this year? Not read it myself yet but would like to.

Mogwai in The Garage? Wow! Should be intense :)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

2023 looking like this with tickets bought so far for:

The Brian Jonestown Massacre
The Black Angels
Shame
The Comet Is Coming
Dean Wareham performing Galaxie 500
Yo La Tengo
Yard Act
Osees
Loop (reschedule)

All Together Now & Electric Picnic

Another 8 or 9 i have my eye on too.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

last year involved a bare minimum of gigs for me for various reasons. although this year I intend to change that, still think I am being a little more picky than in past times. these are all distinct possibilities, looking pretty good.

Molly
Preoccupations
Mogwai
Bo Ningen
Fuzz
Panda Bear & Sonic Boom
Spencer Cullum
O Sees
Chameleons

The BJM date here is sold out but i am not that bothered, they have never really been a big band for me
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angel-sighs wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:54 pm last year involved a bare minimum of gigs for me for various reasons. although this year I intend to change that, still think I am being a little more picky than in past times. these are all distinct possibilities, looking pretty good.

Molly
Preoccupations
Mogwai
Bo Ningen
Fuzz
Panda Bear & Sonic Boom
Spencer Cullum
O Sees
Chameleons

The BJM date here is sold out but i am not that bothered, they have never really been a big band for me
Spencer Cullum is playing Dublin in April. I'm still not sure about the album you mentioned here a while back but maybe live is a different kettle of fish. I might take a punt on it anyways.
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

February : Sqürl, the guitar ambient drone project by Jim Jarmusch and Carter Logan
March: the opera Satyagraha by Philip Glass, with full orchestra and choir
Really looking forward for these 2, eh, gigs!
"Thank you"
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Wilco are playing Moseley Folk fest (Spz have played it before, nice non camping thing in a private park) I am tempted as its now been over a decade since i saw them (seeming to have an inclination to give the midlands a wide berth) .. having said that the albums in that time have also made no impression on me

Also Bdrmm tour in November. Nice small date. Their second albums sounds like its developing their sound a bit, but have to say i was more enamoured with the early Chameleons/Cure thing they had going on
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Pigs x 7 on Friday night, Edinburgh Liquid Rooms, first time in a decade,

The Black Angels, Glasgow QMU next Wed. hopefully 🤞
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

More interesting stuff coming up later in the year

Ghost Box double bill (Beautify Junkyards & Large Plants). The latter are new project from Wolf People singer and it's sounding reassuringly in their ballpark.

Evening of electronica- Warrington Runcorn New Town Development & Field Lines Cartographer

Gang of Four doing stuff from their prime era. Not original line up but still think I would regret missing out on this.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Dream Syndicate @ Band On The Wall
The Chills @ The Deaf Institute
Duran Duran @MEN (dont judge me OK :D )
Ryan Adans @ Opera House
The Heavy Heavy @ The Blues Kitchen

Tickets to be procured for Steve Mason, Rose City Band, My Morning Jacket, Yo La Tengo and The Raveonettes (all in Manchester)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Trying to think what’s coming up?

Goat,
Steve Mason,
Loop,
Black Keys,
War On Drugs,

That takes me up till the end of June,
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

Recently, Dandy Warhols and a couple of Charlatans & Ride dates

Iggy Pop - tonight
Weyes Blood - tomorrow
Built to Spill - a few dates
Breeders - a couple of dates
Blondie
Spoon
Jenny Lewis
Iggy Pop & Blondie - possibly some SPZ dates leading up to this
Others coming up

purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Skinny Puppy
Tori Amos
The Cure (if lucky with lottery :roll:)
Depeche Mode
Rose City Band if they ever show up in the mid-west
... so far
I think I feel it coming on
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

Oh yes! This too. 😁
purespace wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:49 am The Cure (if lucky with lottery :roll:)

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Tickets bought for 11 of these and hoping to hit all. Deep breath....

The Comet Is Coming, Dean Wareham plays Galaxie 500, No Spill Blood, Gina Birch, Meryl Streek, GBH, Yo La Tengo, Tau & The Drones Of Praise, Just Mustard (360 AV show 8) ), Yard Act, The Oozes, Weedeater, Boris, Black Country New Roads, Benefits, Quasi, Otoboke Beaver, Unsane, Daddy Long Legs, Loop, Thumpasaurus, Osees, Deli Girls, Jah Wobble, Bongzilla, The Boo Radleys, The Waeve, Discharge, HR of Bad Brains. That takes me up to the end of July.
Pye Corner Audio are playing a late gig but doors don't open 'til 11.30 so i'm guessing they'd be on at 1am. Doubt i'll bother with that one!
The night of Loop we also have Dead Kennedys(not sure i'd be interested tbh), Ulrika Spacek and Psychic Graveyard in town. All 4 gigs on at the same time in 4 different venues. Ho-hum... At least Psychic Graveyard are supporting Osees two nights later.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Ireland seems to be doing okay for gigs going by your list! Still seems to be hit and miss here in the Midlands.

Angel Olsen finally got a date in round here (got cancelled over covid and initially seemed to be the only one they hadn't rescheduled) so got my ticket today. Not as enamoured with her more recent country flavoured stuff, but have wanted to see her live for a while.
Aquarian-Time wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:19 pm Dream Syndicate @ Band On The Wall
Very jealous of this. They are on my bucket list and I am sure are superb live. Also skipped the Midlands entirely. I read that a boxset covering the first album era is coming out in the summer, but apparently was for sale on the merch desk?
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

So far this year, we have:
Skinny Puppy in April
The Cure in June
Tori Amos in July
Nick Cave (solo with the bass player from Radiohead) in October
Depeche Mode in November

Based on the incredibly frustrating purchasing experiences for both The Cure and Nick Cave, we are done with shows that require dealing with TM, LN and AXS. They have proven over and over that they are fully engaged in being their own scalpers, purposely holding tickets back while claiming the event is sold out, only to release more tickets later that are "dynamically" priced while ripping off true fans. Lawn tickets for The Cure in Detroit were $20 and TM added $22.50 in service fees to each of those tickets, a 112.5% mark up :evil: And the face value of tickets to these larger shows is just out of control.

Until Congress breaks up this criminal mafia, we're done with these larger shows.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

niamhm wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:14 pm Trying to think what’s coming up?

Goat,
Steve Mason,
Loop,
Black Keys,
War On Drugs,

That takes me up till the end of June,
Couple of little additions, Brazilian psych/noise trio Firefriend in Glasgow 11th of June, should be excellent, and a fantastic surprise this week, Allah Las in Sept. buzzing for that one, could be almost 8 yrs since the last time, so yeah :D
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angel-sighs wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:06 pm Ireland seems to be doing okay for gigs going by your list! Still seems to be hit and miss here in the Midlands.
Yeah, too busy tbh! Mono (June) and Swans (August) now added to the list :D

Had hoped for Firefriend to make it over on this tour as they had been scheduled for Dublin before Covid scuppered everything. Doesn't appear to be happening this time around though.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Pye Corner Audio in October- support from Andy Bell in his Glok guise. Should be good and I imagine Andy may join in on the headline set too.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angel-sighs wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:15 pm Pye Corner Audio in October- support from Andy Bell in his Glok guise. Should be good and I imagine Andy may join in on the headline set too.
Their Dublin gig appears to be cancelled. Rather selfishly, i'm happy with this as it was a late one and i wouldn't have been attending. Hopefully a reschedule at a regular hour will happen later in the year.

Next week i'll have 5 bands en route to Desert Fest London stopping off here, 4 of them on the one bill (Weedeater / Mars Red Sky / Telekinetic Yeti / Elder Druid) then Boris the following night. If i'm not utterly pummelled after those two, either I or the bands need to retire.

The rest of May i've tickets bought for Benefits, Loop and Osees while also intending to catch Quasi, Otoboke Beaver, Unsane, Daddy Long Legs, Thumpasaurus and Deli Girls. I was considering Black Country New Road but they're not playing anything off the first two albums so i'm kinda dubious about how that gig will turn out. Though tbh i thought the second lp was crap.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

sunray wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:41 pm Their Dublin gig appears to be cancelled. Rather selfishly, i'm happy with this as it was a late one and i wouldn't have been attending. Hopefully a reschedule at a regular hour will happen later in the year.
Ha, initially I read that as saying that if you can't make it, no one else is allowed to have any fun! But then I realized you meant it's good news for a possible reschedule.

sunray wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:41 pm
Next week i'll have 5 bands en route to Desert Fest London stopping off here, 4 of them on the one bill (Weedeater / Mars Red Sky / Telekinetic Yeti / Elder Druid) then Boris the following night. If i'm not utterly pummelled after those two, either I or the bands need to retire.
Yup, I would say there is a good chance your ears will be not be thanking you after that lot. Those Desert Fest things have always looked pretty good, even for a person myself who really only has one foot in that kind of heavy music.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angel-sighs wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:53 am
sunray wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:41 pm Their Dublin gig appears to be cancelled. Rather selfishly, i'm happy with this as it was a late one and i wouldn't have been attending. Hopefully a reschedule at a regular hour will happen later in the year.
Ha, initially I read that as saying that if you can't make it, no one else is allowed to have any fun! But then I realized you meant it's good news for a possible reschedule.

sunray wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:41 pm
Yup, I would say there is a good chance your ears will be not be thanking you after that lot. Those Desert Fest things have always looked pretty good, even for a person myself who really only has one foot in that kind of heavy music.
Ha! No, shamefully, you were correct with your initial reaction :oops: Don't know why it was cancelled but i'm confident ticket sales would be improved by having it an early hour rather than doors open 11.30pm.
Yeah, Desert Fest looks good alright. Like yourself, i'd only have one foot in that world but there's plenty at it this year i'd be interested in. I recommend that Telekinetic Yeti album i posted elsewhere, i think you'd like it. Or the majority of it anyways.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

sunray wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:11 pm
Ha! No, shamefully, you were correct with your initial reaction :oops: Don't know why it was cancelled but i'm confident ticket sales would be improved by having it an early hour rather than doors open 11.30pm.
Yeah, Desert Fest looks good alright. Like yourself, i'd only have one foot in that world but there's plenty at it this year i'd be interested in. I recommend that Telekinetic Yeti album i posted elsewhere, i think you'd like it. Or the majority of it anyways.
ha well fair enough- at least you are being honest! agree on the start times. surely also fans of this type of music are not generally going to be young spring chickens? (counting myself in this too).
Was meant to see Trail of Dead a couple of years back, it was only when i looked closer at the info that it was part of a club night or something and they would be coming on stage at midnight or something? no thanks.

Finding myself a bit more flaky generally these days anyway. Was meant to see Spencer Cullum's Coin Collection earlier in the week, but on the night the 1 hr drive seemed just not worth it..

I have bookmarked Telekinetic Yeti for future listening!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Love and Rockets ❤️+🚀 - May 21st ( Fox Theatre ) Oakland, CA
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

spacemanrich wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:47 pm Love and Rockets ❤️+🚀 - May 21st ( Fox Theatre ) Oakland, CA
No sign of any UK dates from these guys. Hoping maybe at some point. Last time I saw them was, amazingly, as The Bubblemen when they supported Spacemen 3. 😳
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Huh ... didn't know they supported SP3. This will be my fourth show with them. Their 1st tour in 14 years !

Love and Rockets Announce First Tour Dates in 14 Years [Updated]

The trio of Daniel Ash, David J, and Kevin Haskins will play a string of west coast concerts in May, beginning with an appearance at Los Angeles’ Cruel World Festival. They also have dates scheduled in Oakland, Salt Lake City, Portland, and Seattle.

Update: Love and Rockets have announced an expanded run of shows in June, including stops in Chicago, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Dallas, Austin, and more.

Tickets to select dates go on sale Thursday, April 13th via Ticketmaster. Alternatively, tickets for shows already on sale can be found here.

Love and Rockets were formed in the aftermath of Bauhaus’ initial split in 1983. Bauhaus briefly reunited last year for their first North American tour in 16 years; however, the tour was cut short so that frontman Peter Murphy could enter rehab. With Ash, David J, and Haskins regrouping as Love and Rockets, Murphy will spend the coming months taking part in the “Celebrating David Bowie” tribute tour.
Love and Rockets 2023 Tour Dates:

05/20 – Los Angeles, CA @ Cruel World
05/21 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
05/24 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Sandy Amphitheater
05/26 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
05/27 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
05/28 – Seattle, WA @ Moore Theater
06/05 – St. Paul, MN @ Palace Theatre
06/06 – Chicago, IL @ Rivera Theatre
06/07 – Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre
06/09 – Brooklyn, NY @ Kings Theater
06/10 – Philadelphia, PA @ Fillmore
06/11 – Silver Spring, MD @ Fillmore
06/13 – Atlanta, GA @ Coca Cola Roxy
06/15 – Dallas, TX @ Factory In Deep Ellum
06/16 – Austin, TX @ ACL Live at the Moody Theater
06/17 – San Antonio, TX @ Boeing Center at Tech Port
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

spacemanrich wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:06 pm Huh ... didn't know they supported SP3.
Detailed here on Ian's site. The Bubblemen.

https://spacemen3.co.uk/gigs/19880824-2/
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

To be honest, I'm still finding the idea of gigs terrifying at times.

Always feel like I've missed out when it comes down to it, but the pressure of getting tickets before I know whether I'll even be able to cope is one part of it. Prices for gigs are also at times so high it's crazy. I also worry about being able to make the last train home, so also have to miss the encore. There have been times where just one "beered" up look or barge from someone upsets me so much, it just means that it takes a lot of effort to gear myself up to try and do a gig again.

My wife did buy tickets for us both and our 11 year old for Echo & The Bunnymen in September as a birthday present, and part of me is really looking forward to it, and another part is full of major jitters.....
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I felt like that for ages and was very unsure of getting back out there after the shitty few years we've had so I get it, but at the same time I'm determined to get some grip of what life was like pre 2020. I've caught colds etc. at gigs many times in the past and covid is now part of any bug threat we have, so I'm trying to take the opportunities when they appear. I really minded the lack of live music and although it took me a while to feel any degree of comfort in such an environment I'm glad I've been to the shows I have. Don't let the potential undercurrent win and get back to enjoying the music!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Second half of 2023 filling up at a terrifying rate:

Thurston Moore Group, Discharge, Swans, Cory Hanson, Scowl, Codeine, Whores, The Wedding Present, 75 Dollar Bill, Deathcrash, Bar Italia, Protomartyr, Squid, Sweeping Promises, The Chemical Brothers, Deadletter, Slowdive, Off!, Sasquatch, Bob Vylan, Bdrmm.
A few others that i may find myself at too but will decide closer to the time.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Deadletter in Madrid then at Brudenell :D
'Remember, change is not good'
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Not so much for me, but for UK folks...

My friends, Helicon, are just about to hit the road in the UK for a few dates. I urge you to try and get along if they are playing nearby.

Their latest album (God Intentions) is glorious and, even though they've always put on a good live show, they are playing particularly well just now. Our very own Stevie (stegrham) is running them about and will testify at just how good they are.

Dates:

27th July - Golden Lion, Todmorden
28th - Kozfest, Axminster, Devon (sold out)
29th - Black Prince, Northampton
30th - Paper Dress Vintage, HAckney, London

Even WIll says you should head along (at least to Northampton)
ScreenHunter_ 5392 Jul. 24 08.51.jpg
ScreenHunter_ 5392 Jul. 24 08.51.jpg (269.88 KiB) Viewed 85658 times
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Headed to Rose City Band in Detroit right now. This and Nick Cave later this fall are bucket list gigs 🙌
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

A few gigs/tickets collecting up now for the Autumn/Winter, Allah Las, New Order, Acid Rooster 🐔, Pigs x7 - fucking Covid permitting- and The Clientele.
Forgot about tickets for bdrmm in Nov.
Last edited by niamhm on Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Managed to score a couple of nosebleed seats for the Roger Waters DSOTM Redux gig at The Palladium!

No idea what to expect; I'm taking my lad as it should be a good musical milestone for him and his band are into Floyd.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

I seem to be getting back into the swing of things now after the fallow Covid years. is it me though or am definitely leaning to the small £10-20 of gigs rather than bigger ones which are getting rather overpriced. Got some other possibles lined up- Lorelle Meets the Obsolete, The Telescopes, Flamingods, Jah Wobble, Beach Fossils..
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angel-sighs wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:02 pm I seem to be getting back into the swing of things now after the fallow Covid years. is it me though or am definitely leaning to the small £10-20 of gigs rather than bigger ones which are getting rather overpriced. Got some other possibles lined up- Lorelle Meets the Obsolete, The Telescopes, Flamingods, Jah Wobble, Beach Fossils..
Even the smaller gigs are creeping up imo, not many £10 gigs around these days, my New Order tickets were £75, not seen them in £20 yrs and my daughter wanted to go so went for it. I do want to see Depeche Mode as their album will easily end up one of my most played this yr but blanched at the £98 to stand on the arena floor :shock:
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

niamhm wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:40 pm
angel-sighs wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:02 pm I seem to be getting back into the swing of things now after the fallow Covid years. is it me though or am definitely leaning to the small £10-20 of gigs rather than bigger ones which are getting rather overpriced. Got some other possibles lined up- Lorelle Meets the Obsolete, The Telescopes, Flamingods, Jah Wobble, Beach Fossils..
Even the smaller gigs are creeping up imo, not many £10 gigs around these days, my New Order tickets were £75, not seen them in £20 yrs and my daughter wanted to go so went for it. I do want to see Depeche Mode as their album will easily end up one of my most played this yr but blanched at the £98 to stand on the arena floor :shock:
98 quid is insane! It shows how far our expectations have shifted that the New Order tickets seem like good value in comparison
ibex1251
Known user

Post by ibex1251 »

CROCODILES - 5th September in Edinburgh...
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Lorelle Meets the Obsolete in local record shop

Teeth of The Sea in October... my only live experience of these is a supremely loud set at Liverpool psych fest a few years back but interesting at the very least

The Telescopes.. mixed bag live but we'll see

Flamingods again.. should be good uplifting set
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

We’re going to see Public Image Ltd. At the famous bouncy floored Aberdeen Beach Ballroom in 17 days. Looking forward to that for sure - the new album is awesome.

Then… ahem… They Might Be Giants in Glasgow’s SWG3 November 7th. For my early teenage self: massive Shetland contingent will be present. They’re doing the entire Flood album so it’ll be a joyous singalong…
O P 8
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Snagged a Twickets ticket to see Echo & the Bunnymen doing Ocean Rain with an orchestra at the RAH later this month. It completely passed me by when first announced, but that album is special to me... when I lived on my own, so could, I used to spark up a joint and go to sleep to that record most nights for about two years!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Latest additions, Pigs x 7 missed them earlier this yr due to Covid, Public Image Ltd, Helicon & Acid Rooster, Nebula & Carlton Melton and probably Elder
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Also considering Public Image Ltd but I've already seen them a couple of times, will probably take a listen to the new album and decide

Also got a Slowdive ticket for February. Think I've seen them like 5 times now and when they came back i was thinking I'd better make the most of it, as they'd probably split up soon!
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Went for a PiL ticket, as they're on in Manchester the day before Spz are. Given I have to travel, and have never seen PiL, I'm looking forward to it...
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

True Widow
Riot Fest - Ride & The Cure
Slowdive
Gruff Rhys
Bell Witch
Bob Dylan
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angel-sighs wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:35 pm Also considering Public Image Ltd but I've already seen them a couple of times, will probably take a listen to the new album and decide

Also got a Slowdive ticket for February. Think I've seen them like 5 times now and when they came back i was thinking I'd better make the most of it, as they'd probably split up soon!
I ve saw PIL a few time myself but it’s been 30 yrs since the last time ffs!!! Probably wouldn’t have went but my cousin - younger by 10 yrs has never seen them an asked me to go although I had been enjoying the latest album anyway, also got tickets to see Lydon do a Q & A 10 minutes from me next yr.
Never seen Slowdive ever, was never particularly a fan, but the new album is going down a treat so think I’ll be at their Barrowlands show early next yr
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

niamhm wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:22 pm
angel-sighs wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:35 pm Also considering Public Image Ltd but I've already seen them a couple of times, will probably take a listen to the new album and decide

I ve saw PIL a few time myself but it’s been 30 yrs since the last time ffs!!! Probably wouldn’t have went but my cousin - younger by 10 yrs has never seen them an asked me to go although I had been enjoying the latest album anyway, also got tickets to see Lydon do a Q & A 10 minutes from me next yr.
Never seen Slowdive ever, was never particularly a fan, but the new album is going down a treat so think I’ll be at their Barrowlands show early next yr
I've seen Slowdive a lot as I was at University in Reading from 1990-1995. I've never been to a show I didn't really enjoy, and on the odd occasion they've been transcendent. Make a point of going to see them just for the set closing cover of Syd Barrett's Golden Hair. The instrumental outro is 10 minutes of sonic bliss.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Forthcoming gigs (not too many as playing a few shows myself, plus a few not conformed but likely)
Spiriitualized-Manchester
Slowdive-Manchester
Kristin Hersh-Liverpool
Glok (Andy Bells alter ego)-Winsford !!!

There will be more this year, but last minute. may do The Warlocks in Birkenhead. They were good last time I saw them

next year, Slowdive in Liverpool and nothing else planned
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

niamhm wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:22 pm I ve saw PIL a few time myself but it’s been 30 yrs since the last time ffs!!! Probably wouldn’t have went but my cousin - younger by 10 yrs has never seen them an asked me to go although I had been enjoying the latest album anyway, also got tickets to see Lydon do a Q & A 10 minutes from me next yr.
They definitely still have it from my experience. And seem to play a fair amount of their new stuff, as they should

With Lydon he has increasingly become the sort of person where I consciously have to separate the art from the artist. The music is still often great of course
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

Coming up:

Violent Femmes Oct 15
Mudhoney with Hooveriii Oct 27 (primarily going for Hooveriii)
Spiritualized Nov 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12 (a LOT of repetition, I know, but can't not go)
Built to Spill Nov 17 (perhaps)
Destroy Boys Nov 22
Thumpasaurus Dec 3
Bouncing Souls with Catbite Dec 13
Queens of the Stone Age with Spiritualized (?!?!?) Dec 15 & 16

cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Brian Eno + Baltic Sea Philharmonic - Berlin - Oct 24
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

November 10th at Kortrijk (B), Sonic City Festival featuring
- Stereolab
- Youth Lagoon
- Rose City Band
- Deerhoof

Very looking forward!
Looking very forward!
Forward looking very!
"Thank you"
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Sisters Of Mercy tomorrow night at Barrowlands, long time fan I would say but neverhad the pleasure before, heard wildly varying reports over the yrs from truly dreadful, to brilliant, so it should be interesting, late ticket from a mate.
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Just got tickets to go and watch the Soundtrack of Our Lives next March at the Electric Ballroom in Camden. Only saw them once when they were originally going - just after Behind the Music came out. Great that they have reformed and are touring. Really enjoyed Ebbot Lundberg's album with the Indigo Children a few tears back. Looking forward to this gig!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Sunn o))) have just been announced for the same night the Mary Chain are in town. Bah! :evil:
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

sunray wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:26 am Sunn o))) have just been announced for the same night the Mary Chain are in town. Bah! :evil:
Sunn have been announced for round these parts next April. think i may be tempted. i must say that I raised an eyebrow at the 'meet and greet' VIP experiences being sold on top. not a fan of these anyway but with a band like this its a strange fit.

some other interesting gigs starting to be lined up for next year- Da Googie (solo project from Deb Googe of MBV), Large Plants (ex Wolf People), another electronic fest with Warrington Runcorn et al again.

Echo & The Bunnymen are doing a greatest hits tour ("Songs to Learn and Sing") which I found strange. every set I've seen them do has already been a greatest hits set :) they very rarely mix it up.
also £45??
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

herman wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:41 am November 10th at Kortrijk (B), Sonic City Festival featuring
- Stereolab
- Youth Lagoon
- Rose City Band
- Deerhoof

Very looking forward!
Looking very forward!
Forward looking very!
This sounds excellent - how was it??

herman
Known user

Post by herman »

swmcsherry wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:34 pm
herman wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:41 am November 10th at Kortrijk (B), Sonic City Festival featuring
- Stereolab
- Youth Lagoon
- Rose City Band
- Deerhoof

Very looking forward!
Looking very forward!
Forward looking very!
This sounds excellent - how was it??
I put a short review in the 'what gigs have you seen' section some time ago, must be beginning of November 😉
"Thank you"
ibex1251
Known user

Post by ibex1251 »

THE ORB in Edinburgh next month...