Nino Ferrer

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

James T
Known user

Nino Ferrer

Post by James T »

Really loving that LP Nino Ferrer et Radiah right now. The song 'Looking for You' is one of my all time favourites, and 'New York' is such a smooth little ditty and I love that funky ending. Sad story that he ended up shooting himself through the heart, and also a shame that his music isn't better respected even in France where they only seem to take notice of his early pop hits. "If only they listened to the flip side" he said...

Whole album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erVFnfz9HGg
Hedspace
Known user

Re: Nino Ferrer

Post by Hedspace »

James T wrote:Really loving that LP Nino Ferrer et Radiah right now. The song 'Looking for You' is one of my all time favourites, and 'New York' is such a smooth little ditty and I love that funky ending. Sad story that he ended up shooting himself through the heart, and also a shame that his music isn't better respected even in France where they only seem to take notice of his early pop hits. "If only they listened to the flip side" he said...

Whole album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erVFnfz9HGg

nice! :D
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

James T wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:56 pm The song 'Looking for You' is one of my all time favourites
just hearing this for the first time and wow, is it great.
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

During the 60's he was trying to be kind of an answer to James Brown, which wasn't that bad, but it's his 70's output that's really great. You can't go wrong with that. Personal fav is 'le sud', hé recorded an English version of the song too!
"Thank you"