Midnight Sun Festival (Stornoway May 2023)

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

mkb
Known user

Midnight Sun Festival (Stornoway May 2023)

Post by mkb »

Spiritualized on the bill below Primal Scream.

https://www.skiddle.com/festivals/midni ... weekender/
Laz69
Known user

Re: Midnight Sun Festival (Stornoway May 2023)

Post by Laz69 »

J Spaceman sure does find the most interesting places to play.
Darby
Known user

Post by Darby »

Super excited for this show!!
“Curiouser and curiouser!”
Darby
Known user

Post by Darby »

Can anyone clarify this? I am coming in from Los Angeles and purchased the Friday show ticket, but now see that SPZ is slated for Saturday. Help. Thank you!

Update: The director of the show messaged me today and SPZ is indeed on Friday.

Have a great show, everyone.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Festival has been cancelled.

A world of pain and… fucking hell really??
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Darby wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:36 am Can anyone clarify this? I am coming in from Los Angeles and purchased the Friday show ticket, but now see that SPZ is slated for Saturday. Help. Thank you!

I sincerely hope you get refunds etc. shitshow
O P 8
Darby
Known user

Post by Darby »

Alright - so we have three days on the Isle of Lewis with no SPZ (insert any sad SPZ song here).
I'd gladly see Spaceman play noise for an hour in a pub than no music at all. But alas, tis not to be.

The official note:

Dear Darby...:

We have been informed that an event you have purchased tickets for has been cancelled. Please find further information below which has been provided by the event organiser:
Event Name: Midnight Sun Weekender Stornoway 2023
Venue: Lews Castle
Date: 25th May 2023 til 27th May 2023
Reason for cancellation: MIDNIGHT SUN WEEKENDER CANCELLED
MIDNIGHT SUN WEEKENDER CANCELLED

Skiddle have received the following message from the organisers of Midnight Sun Weekender:

"We are heartbroken to announce that due to circumstances outwith our control, we have had to make the very difficult decision to cancel the Midnight Sun Weekender - due to take place on 25th - 27th May in Stornoway.

Rising costs and limited availability on festival infrastructure, as well as the cost of living crisis having an impact on ticket sales means that we are not in the position to deliver the event that we had hoped to bring to our beautiful island.

For more information, please see - link to FB or where post will be hosted.

For any non refund related queries please contact enquiries@midnightsunweekenderstornoway.com"
Next steps: No alternative date has been offered, we are working with the event organiser to arrange refunds. We will be in touch in due course regarding your refund. You do not need to contact Skiddle as this will be processed automatically onto the card you originally paid with. You will also receive an automated email once the refund has been processed.
Many thanks
Skiddle Customer Support
Darby
Known user

Post by Darby »

BzaInSpace wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:02 pm
Darby wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:36 am Can anyone clarify this? I am coming in from Los Angeles and purchased the Friday show ticket, but now see that SPZ is slated for Saturday. Help. Thank you!

Thank you. What I love about this group is the larger group of fans who show so much love.

Can't refund the hotels or flights so off we go! Ten days in Scotland then 4 in London, will make the best of it!
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

Darby wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:03 am

Thank you. What I love about this group is the larger group of fans who show so much love.

Can't refund the hotels or flights so off we go! Ten days in Scotland then 4 in London, will make the best of it!
Really sorry this has happened to you. If it's any consolation Scotland in general, and the Isle of Lewis in paricular, is beautiful and I'm sure you'll have a great time. It's tempting to post "Jason - if you get to hear of this, and as you and the band must be free that weekend, how about we all meet up in a pub and you can do the set for us there. Most of us* would be happy to chip in £100 or so for such an experience!"

(*Massive assumption on my part!)
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

If you're in London when this is on, it might be up your street:

https://www.wegottickets.com/100club/event/580710
Darby
Known user

Post by Darby »

Thanks for the groovy thoughts and suggestions. Not in town for that London event - looks beautiful.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

You’re more than welcome. As someone else mentioned - you’ll have a great time. PM me if you’re going to be around the NE of Scotland at any point. Otherwise get to Edinburgh and Glasgow and hoping the very pleasant weather remains.

Such a shame… that - as most of you know - was my dream line-up for a Friday night in the outer reaches of the Western Isles.

I will happily blame Brex-shit and the despicable Westminster austerity agenda. Bastards.

Anyway - safe travels and have a fucking amazing time!
O P 8
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

If you are in, or can get to Glasgow, this weekend, there is a great show on at Stereo (2min walk from Central Station). My mates, Helicon, are playing their latest album, accompanied by a string quartet. New album is superb, and it will be a great night of noise, drones, grooves and dancing!

Just a thought if you are down Glasgow way on Saturday...
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Cancelled! Sorry for anyone who's made big plans for this :( https://accessaa.co.uk/midnight-sun-fes ... ays-to-go/
Darby
Known user

Post by Darby »

More complications...

I hope future shows are well attended so the fans/bands are not disappointed.

Email I received from Skiddle:

Hello Darby,

We're just getting in touch regarding your booking for Midnight Sun Weekender Stornoway 2023 at Lews Castle, Isle Of Lewis.

As you are aware Midnight Sun Weekender Stornoway 2023 was cancelled and did not take place as scheduled in May 2023.

We're extremely sorry that we haven't yet been able to issue you with a refund for your order. Currently, we are in discussion with the event organisers, Midnight Sun Promotions, to arrange for funds to be returned to Skiddle.

Although we don't have any updates or developments to provide, please be aware that the matter is currently being handled by our legal team and we can confirm that progress is being made with all parties cooperating.

Please be assured that Skiddle will be in touch with you as soon as the situation changes and we are in a position to process refunds.

Your continued patience and understanding at this time is much appreciated and you can be assured that we are working tirelessly to continually improve your experience with us. Our ultimate goal has always been to get you to the events you love without the hassle.

Best regards
Skiddle