Spz Supporting QOTSA

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

toomilk
Known user

Spz Supporting QOTSA

Post by toomilk »

Just posted on Spiritualized social media.

Artist presale code seems to be NEGATIVESPACE
Attachments
QOTSA23Dates.jpg
QOTSA23Dates.jpg (49.78 KiB) Viewed 7912 times
stegraham
Known user

Re: Spz Supporting QOTSA

Post by stegraham »

Not really a natural "fit"? Wonder what the typical QOTSA fan will think of Spiritualized? Maybe Jason will do a noisey/rockier set - ballad lite? Be interesting to see. What next? Touring with Naplam Death? :D

Ste
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

stegraham wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:28 am Not really a natural "fit"? Wonder what the typical QOTSA fan will think of Spiritualized? Maybe Jason will do a noisey/rockier set - ballad lite? Be interesting to see. What next? Touring with Naplam Death? :D

Ste
Nothing but ballads i should imagine.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

SPZ & QOTSA?

Fucking hell yes…
O P 8
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

kind of an unusual fit but there are weirder combinations. not sure how Spz would go down in arenas, especially if its a ballad heavy set.

Jason should nick Jon Theodore and get him on drums to give them a bit of welly!!
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

I'm planning on hitting the last 2 dates - not a big QOTSA fan, but why not check it out? 😁
- ...if you've got a lonely heart too...

- Come on baby, stop your crying

- Don't wanna live, but I can't resist

- I would rather add some life to my years
Feedback Forever
Known user

Post by Feedback Forever »

mschoeffler
New user

Post by mschoeffler »

Any early reviews for this stretch? I am trying to figure out if this brief set is worth 6 hours in the car and a $75 ticket. The setlist doesn't "light my fire" but if it has mutated much from 2022, I'll be there.
Thanks
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

When they played San Diego the setlist was super short. They played maybe 5/6 songs. There was another opener who were horrible. Cutting into my Spz time.

QOTSA were great. Super tight and sounded good.
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

mschoeffler wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:36 pm Any early reviews for this stretch? I am trying to figure out if this brief set is worth 6 hours in the car and a $75 ticket. The setlist doesn't "light my fire" but if it has mutated much from 2022, I'll be there.
Thanks
I flew from Connecticut to see the San Diego and L.A. shows (and threw in a TV Girl show while I was there).

The SD crowd around me seemed way more receptive to SPZ - I was in my Ladies and Gentlemen shirt and people were asking me, "what/who the hell is Spiritualized??" before they played. Afterwards, though, lots of people seemed super impressed and I saw a lot of newly-bought shirts flung over shoulders. Had some good brief chats with new fans -

In L.A., I was behind some bros at the rail who made it a point to pretend to sleep during their set, and also stood there and watched a hockey game on their phones🤦‍♀️ If they weren't such assholes I would have asked to switch spots just for the set. At this show, they played "Silent Night" as the second to last song in their set. Some loved it, some booed. It was an interesting experience, to say the least - these days, I won't miss a Spiritualized appearance if I can help it, but of course the mood is so much better at their own shows. Their actual fans are the kind of people I'd prefer to be around!

Did you end up going to any of these shows?
- ...if you've got a lonely heart too...

- Come on baby, stop your crying

- Don't wanna live, but I can't resist

- I would rather add some life to my years
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

A few recordings on dimeadozen:

Spiritualized 2023-12-15 Viejas Arena San Diego, CA
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... 4044&hit=1

Spiritualized 2023-12-08 Austin, TX (24-48 Master)
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... 3572&hit=1

Spiritualized - 2023-11-08 Basilica Hudson, Hudson, NY (DPA)
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... 2117&hit=1
Darby
Known user

Post by Darby »

swmcsherry wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:33 pm
mschoeffler wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:36 pm
In L.A., I was behind some bros at the rail who made it a point to pretend to sleep during their set, and also stood there and watched a hockey game on their phones🤦‍♀️ If they weren't such assholes I would have asked to switch spots just for the set. At this show, they played "Silent Night" as the second to last song in their set. Some loved it, some booed. It was an interesting experience, to say the least - these days, I won't miss a Spiritualized appearance if I can help it, but of course the mood is so much better at their own shows. Their actual fans are the kind of people I'd prefer to be around!

Did you end up going to any of these shows?
Yes. The LA show was exactly as you said. We arrived and heard the band was already playing - perhaps 7:35pm. The crowd was unresponsive. The people behind us trash talked SPZ the entire show. While trying to be polite, I would clap enthusiastically, signalling that we are fans, which I hoped would stop the chatter. Nope. :(

The crowd was not for me. I stayed to listen to some of QOTSA but left after my prediction of a crowd-surge-then-fight happened twice. I felt bad for SPZ as this was such a let down after the show I attended in Hudson, NY where they were loved so much. Hopefully they got some chill out time on the LA beaches and know that LA loves them very much. Come back, please. We miss you!
“Curiouser and curiouser!”