Brighton Festival

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Shinesalight
Known user

Brighton Festival

Post by Shinesalight »

Spiritualized have been announced as part of this year’s Brighton Festival 8) :D :-

https://brightonfestival.org/whats-on/X ... dium=email
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Greeny
Known user

Re: Brighton Festival

Post by Greeny »

Think I'm more interested in the UNKLE show if I'm honest.
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Shinesalight wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:00 pm Spiritualized have been announced as part of this year’s Brighton Festival 8) :D :-

https://brightonfestival.org/whats-on/X ... dium=email
Any idea when the tickets will be on sale ?
TwilightGarden
New user

Post by TwilightGarden »

Brighton Dome members went on sale today...

General sale is next Thursday according to Festival Web page.
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Went to the gig at The Dome last night. I sort of decided to keep an open mind about the set list as of the last couple of times seeing Spiritualized the sets have been pretty similar. Same tonight, but it was a very clean sounding performance. Jasons vocals sounding beautiful at times. Great to hear "Always together with you " for the first time live (for me). Trouble is that I'm a sucker for the earlier stuff and never get fed up with "Shine a light". Personally I'd love it if they did another album tour, maybe LGM or PP. I think I'm getting there with the more recent stuff. Had a great evening though. Always great to see them.
TwilightGarden
New user

Post by TwilightGarden »

Felt exactly the same.. I made sure I sat in a different place last night (at the front) so it didn't feel like I was re-living the same gig from two years ago, as i was expecting pretty much the same. Hah. But pleased to finally here 'Always Together With You' and I think I prefered this gig overall, something a bit more "electric" about it...

This line up is outstanding and Greg Coulson on the keys is such a winner... love watching and listening to him play, he obviously loves it too.. highlights being his head rolled back, arms stretched out in opposite directions hammering away and then with eyes closed running his hands up and down the keys for the wig out parts. It's great to see each member with their own style, bringing it (and the bass player's personal smoke machine, a not very discreet vape, made me chuckle)

Obvs it's wonderful to hear the old stuff but if we're not getting that I'd like even more focus on the latest LP rather than ANH. But its very hard to be fussy when they put on such an awesome show...

Always a pleasure..
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah, I had resigned myself to hearing exactly the same set list at the same venue 2 years ago and it pretty much was that give or take (no Come Together, Soul on Fire or D Song but with Always Together With You added). Not sure if it was because we were 1st row up in the balcony (great view) but the sound and light show were incredible. I’ve taken my wife to see them 5 or 6 times in the 13 years we’ve been together and she said last night was her favourite time seeing them.

As much as I’m always disappointed to not hear the likes of Medication, Take Your Time, Think I’m In Love, Let It Flow, Out Of Sight, Cop Shoot Cop etc. I must admit they have really got the songs off the last two albums sounding magnificent. I felt they extended a lot of the songs more than last time but I might be wrong. My wife was equally impressed with the keyboard player and I think the bass sounds better than ever. I even had goosebumps during Perfect Miracle which I usually find quite twee.

A really, really enjoyable gig which took me a little bit by surprise as I thought I would be pissed off after potentially seeing exactly the same songs in the same venue 2 years on.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

glad to hear that people enjoyed the set, always good to get the reviews on here. Interesting how pretty much the same setlist can actually come across differently. I think that's especially the case with Spiritualized for some reason. sometimes the X factor is there and it all comes together.
Gig tickets are getting so expensive now though sometimes it's not as easy to take the risk.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

My mate wrote that review. He rung me last night for some background info.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone