Support Band for Spanish gigs!

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

DK

Support Band for Spanish gigs!

Post by DK »

Hi All,

Danish super-band Mew will support Spiritualized on the forthcoming 4 gigs in Spain. Chech them out, they are even better than Spiritualized!!! No kidding!

http://www.mewsite.com
flor

hi

Post by flor »

dk are you from spain? i live in barcelona and i would be very please to get it touch with someone who apreciate good music, i find it quite hard here...
x flor
spacemanrich
Known user

Flor - chk your prt msg.

Post by spacemanrich »

Flor:

Check your private msgs. Ah Barcelona - one of my fave cities in Europe !

Since your a guest, give me your email addy ?

gracias,

R.
wakeup
Known user

Post by wakeup »

This week i have gone to three of the four concerts of the spanish tour. The first one, the 27th in Vitoria, the second one, the 28th in Madrid and yesterday in Barcelona. I will post the setlist of this three shows in a cople of days. The first song they played was 'all of my tears' after that one they played 'electricity', 'shine a light' and 'walking with jesus'. The last songs they play are 'take your time' and 'smiles>things'll never be the same'. They have not played 'cop shoot cop' or 'medication' which would have been great.
*evildewey
Known user

eeeeeewwwwww more like

Post by *evildewey »

I had heard good things about them but I saw the gig in madrid and I'm sorry, I'm sure they're honest about what they do and all, but they seemed to me like the latest mtv-friendly, contrived, alterna-pop crap.

the corny images projected in the back almost made me puke and they had a lot of pre-recorded stuff, not to mention the whole rockstar posturing thing they had going on. they just made me cringe more and more as they played.

I was late and unfortunately missed chucho, but I'm pretty sure they kicked their whiny asses, which wasn't hard if you ask me. I dunno who was in charge but I bet my right arm Spiritualized® didn't pick them as an opening band.

those guys sure were popular with the ladies though :roll:
there is nothing reliable like change
runcible
Site Admin

Re: eeeeeewwwwww more like

Post by runcible »

*evildewey wrote:I had heard good things about them but I saw the gig in madrid and I'm sorry, I'm sure they're honest about what they do and all, but they seemed to me like the latest mtv-friendly, contrived, alterna-pop crap.

the corny images projected in the back almost made me puke and they had a lot of pre-recorded stuff, not to mention the whole rockstar posturing thing they had going on. they just made me cringe more and more as they played.
I respect anyone's opinion to not enjoy what Spiritualized do and many here will know I'm the first to hurl criticism Jason's way but this must be one of the most absurd reflections I've ever known on a Spiritualized performance!

The images I don't know about - never known that happen so I can't comment. I'm guessing the pre-recorded stuff was the Pure Phase theme, something most of us are bored with, but its hardly cheating with pre-recorded music. Rock star posturing? Are you sure? Jason Pierce is possibily the least like a traditional rock star I have ever seen. I'm assuming he's now standing for gigs - if not, how exactly does someone pose, rock star like, while seated? In short Spiritualized come across as the least likely looking rock 'n' rollers I've ever seen. Unless they've taken to wearing spandex, feathers in their hair and now sport lots of tattoos and piercings.

I didn't think the last gig I saw was particularly good but it wouldn't even occur to me to have the same reaction you did! Not sure what kind of rock star posturing you're comparing it too but I hate to think what you must make of Jane's Addiction or the Chilli Peppers...

By the way what's with 2 posts - one tearing the gig apart and the other saying how great it was? i'm even more confused now.
anorthernsoul
Known user

miaow

Post by anorthernsoul »

i think he might have been talking about mew, runcible ...

:wink:
juliette
Known user

Re: Support Band for Spanish gigs!

Post by juliette »

DK wrote:Hi All,

Danish super-band Mew will support Spiritualized on the forthcoming 4 gigs in Spain. Chech them out, they are even better than Spiritualized!!! No kidding!

you got to be kidding :twisted:
runcible
Site Admin

Re: miaow

Post by runcible »

anorthernsoul wrote:i think he might have been talking about mew, runcible ...

:wink:
Ah.

I guess I'm too used to using (and seeing) the quote option to indicate what the subject matter is!

My aplogies.
*evildewey
Known user

Re: miaow

Post by *evildewey »

runcible wrote: I guess I'm too used to using (and seeing) the quote option to indicate what the subject matter is!

My aplogies.
that was kind of weird hehehe

apologies accepted :)
there is nothing reliable like change
Greeny
Known user

Re: Miaow

Post by Greeny »

Aaaah - and I thought we might be in for another of the legendary message board feuds, but it's all ended nicely!
lazy
New user

Re: Support Band for Spanish gigs!

Post by lazy »

DK wrote:Hi All,

Oh, so funny.