Benicassim 2007

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Shinesalight
Known user

Benicassim 2007

Post by Shinesalight »

Been meaning to go to Benicasim for years but despite a lot of talk about it, my friends and I have never got round to organising it properly. Just seen this on NME.com about next years event:-

Benicassim dates revealed
Festival taking place over four days in July
The dates for the 2007 Benicassim festival have been confirmed.

The Spanish festival, now in it's seventh year and famous for it's blazing sun and beachside site, will be held between July 19 and 22.

This year's event featured performances from Babyshambles, The Futureheads, The Strokes, Morrissey and Pixies.

Next year's line-up is yet to be confirmed, but tickets for the festival will go on sale on December 15.

See Fiberfib.com for more information.

Anyone thinking of going next year or went this year or before? If I was going to do it, think I would like to do it properly, maybe make a week of it and hire a villa or something. Wouldn't it be great if Spiritualized played at it next year, I know they've played there before. I'd hope for a better line-up then they had this year.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

the line up for the year before last was ridiculous; love, brian wilson, lou reed, spiritualized, primal scream, maybe yo la tengo, i forget who else. i think it alternates between good and bad years.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

I walked past Morrissey when he was on at V festival. No joke there must have been about 1000 people tops there. main stage. was a bit embarrasing
Shaun
Known user

Re: Benicassim 2007

Post by Shaun »

Ads wrote:
The Spanish festival, now in it's seventh year and famous for it's blazing sun and beachside site, will be held between July 19 and 22.
Sounds tempting but i'd sooner get wasted on scrumpy while having a mudbath in a field somewhere in Somerset 3 weeks earlier.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

The Jig wrote:Sounds tempting but i'd sooner get wasted on scrumpy while having a mudbath in a field somewhere in Somerset 3 weeks earlier.
Yeah, I'd like to go to Glastonbury too next year as have never been to that before either. Again, it would be an added bonus if Spiritualized were playing. Trouble is the tickets seem to sell out in minutes. I remember years ago that you could get tickets for Glastonbury and Reading up until a few weeks before the events themselves. Now its just a lottery.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Ads wrote:
Yeah, I'd like to go to Glastonbury too next year as have never been to that before either. Again, it would be an added bonus if Spiritualized were playing. Trouble is the tickets seem to sell out in minutes. I remember years ago that you could get tickets for Glastonbury and Reading up until a few weeks before the events themselves. Now its just a lottery.

Years ago there were many ways one could of gain admission into Glastonbury Festival (and i know a few) but to ensure it was allowed to carry on as a festival things HAD to change. Hence the now lottery style system of getting a ticket. A good thing or bad, there's a case for either, but at least the festival still takes place.

Taking into account that tickets for Glasto will more than likely go on sale in March/April and sell out in hours i'd hold out until then to see if you get one. I don't know how fast Benicasim sells out so maybe there might still be some left in April.
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

been to Bneicassim the last two years. as a festival goes, it's much better than glastonbury. more of an international feel (obviously) and it's by the beach. oh, and it doesn't usually rain