SCARFACE

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

SCARFACE

Post by ORBITAL »

I cant tell you all the whys wheres and hows but I had never seen Scarface until a few nights ago. I found it dissapointing taking into consideration the amount people Ive heard champion it and the number of quotes from it Ive heard people spout over the years.
I thought the The idea of having the rise and fall of someone a strong idea . I thought that it looked a lot better on screen visually than the strength of th script was. Pffifer was pure mahogany. I also thought the way the lead actors tried to do the accents wasted it a bit too. At times you coud hardly make out what they were saying. I did like the idea of the music though.
Anyone got anythging to add?
spaceman13
Known user

Post by spaceman13 »

Havn't seen it in years but I always viewed it as a little "tongue in cheek", Al P. hams it up pretty bad. Think it is one of the first screenplays Oliver Stone wrote. Kinda feel the same way you do, pretty decent one time viewing, but it's not a film you can sit down a deconstruct. I believe alot of the hype stems from the hip-hop world, many of which i'm sure are not concerned with screenplay continuity or the cinamatography. From what I can remember there is one "perfect scene" in which everything seems to fall into place, the one I'm referring to is when Tony Montana shoots the character played by Robert Loggia. The scene is shot in front of a giant mural of a sunset and palm tree (if I remember correctly), the music is perfectly suited and all in all seems to capture the essence of the Tony Montana character.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

hey orbital, maybe we can have it translated into your native tongue.
haaaaaaaaaaa-haaaaaaaaaaaaa

xxxshonnxxx

just spreadin' da luvvvvvv
roger plywood
Known user

Post by roger plywood »

great idea.

"This is paradise, I'm tellin' ye ya fuckin' bawbag. This town is like a great big fanny jus' waitin' to get humped rotten." (Tony to Manny)

or

"Say awright to ma mucker!"
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Haw Manny ya Fud. See this chib ahm haudin . YOure gittin malkied ya doughball.
spliffboy
Known user

Post by spliffboy »

personally I prefer Carlito's Way.............that is a great film!
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

I actually preffered that as well. Pacino was miles better in it. Didnt overdo the accent thing at all.