Glastonbury?????????

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spliffboy
Known user

Glastonbury?????????

Post by spliffboy »

I'm beginning to get worried now.............Spzd and Glasto have not been mentioned in the same breath by anyone as yet....surely they must be playing???????????????

bad enough 2 years ago when they didn't headline the other stage (garbage healied, if you can believe that, whuile they toured their worst album to date)

does anyone know anything??????????????????????????????

about glasto that is!!!!!!!
lazer_guided
Known user

Post by lazer_guided »

I was disapointed they didn't play last year too. Realistically though, when would they play and on which stage? Judging by the poor turn-out at some of the recent gigs, I'm not sure they'd be able to play when its dark, like some of the headlining shows of old. Maybe this is a factor?
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

ooh controversial. Interesting question. they're clearly less poular at the moment then a few years ago. i suppose being with a smaller label they're getting less of a PR offsensive, bu I still think there natural home is headlinging the other stage on the Sunday eve, as it always has been.
lazer_guided
Known user

Post by lazer_guided »

I agree, but I'm not sure they're in a position to be offered this spot. I'd love to see them play in one of the tents.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

The Jig wrote:Or come to think of it both The Lost Stage and The Acoustic Stage would be very interesting indeed.
Agreed. that would be fantastic. I'd love to hear them play about with the kind of sound they made in the two flux festival gig with Steve Martland. That was as close to an accoustic spiritualized gig that I've ever seen and was tremendous.

Not currently planning on going to glastonbury this year, - but if that happened nothing would keep me away. <drifts off into fantasy Island>
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

I think the glade would be nice. Everyone a little fucked up amongst the trees...mmmm..
moop

Post by moop »

hmmmmmmm......
i remember spiritualized at the other stage at glasto 2002..
that was superb, for those that weren't there or cant remember, they followed mercury rev who played just as the sun was setting....
call me naive but i'm still hoping for a spiritualized headliner for the
sunday on the pyramid stage, as a kind of secret 'WOW' er, thing....
has anyone else noticed how glasto loves bands on 'greatest hits' type tours???

while they might be less popular than before, their live shows have been absolutely mindblowing (i was at the cardiff gig) ....with a wonderful mix of old and new, even a few sp3 tracks.....

oh and on a personal note (and please don't kill me for this!) i'd like to see lupine howl playing there too....not that it'd ever happen.. (i hope michael eavis is reading this :wink: )

cheers, moop
lazer_guided
Known user

Post by lazer_guided »

I have a recording of the Glastonbury '02 from a foreign radio station show and it really is amazing. I remember reading a review in the nme saying they opened with Cop Shoot Cop, but the recording begins with Electricity. Does anyone know the complete setlist?
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

Any chance of a copy if I send u a blank CD ?

Electricity
Shine a light
Electric mainline
All of my tears
Out of sight
On fire
Walking with Jesus
Take your time
Take me to the other side
Cop shoot cop (abridged)
lazer_guided
Known user

Post by lazer_guided »

no worries, send me an email
groovytimes
Known user

Post by groovytimes »

According to Efestivals Spiritualized are a 'strong rumour' for Glastonbury 2004
Blues had a baby & they called it rock and roll