Spiritualized live on Australian radio

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Spiritualized live on Australian radio

Post by Guest »

Triple J will be playing a Spiritualized live session on Monday 19th April at 8:00pm and repeated at 5:00pm on Sunday 25th April. :D
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

tpth
New user

Post by tpth »

Well, this is crap. I'm listening to this right now and they've absolutely butchered the Melbourne gig for radio. I was there, and this doesn't do justice to the gig at all. They'd almost have been better off not playing it.

Missing, among other things, are absolutely transcendent versions of "All of My Tears", "Oh Baby" and "Anything More", along with an amazing version of "Electricity" and basically anything else that wasn't on "Amazing Grace". At least they've left "Let it Flow".

I hate it when radio stations do this.
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

I got it on MD from the broadcast, so I think I'll make my first foray into the Bittorrent/.shn thing some time soon, for what it's worth. If anyone else is interested or missed it.

While they did butcher it to a certain extent, the fact that they broadcast it in the first place means that there's more than likely a recording of the full gig floating around out there somewhere, most probably in the JJJ vaults. Does anybody know anyone who works there?
anthony

Post by anthony »

ash wrote:I got it on MD from the broadcast, so I think I'll make my first foray into the Bittorrent/.shn thing some time soon, for what it's worth. If anyone else is interested or missed it.

While they did butcher it to a certain extent, the fact that they broadcast it in the first place means that there's more than likely a recording of the full gig floating around out there somewhere, most probably in the JJJ vaults. Does anybody know anyone who works there?
JJJ record the entire show and then select a few "better" moments to put together the live broadcast.

Leah Baker recorded the show. I'm not a fan of her work at as as she doesn't know the bands and how they are supposed to sound live. Phil McKellar & Chris Thompson used to do the recordings years ago, and were the best in the business. I'd assume that they are booked to do the radiohead live broadcast next week.
twinside
Known user

Post by twinside »

just heard the sunday repeat of the melbourne show, and contrary to what's been said earlier in this thread, it was fucking amazing. perfect sound. close to being there

here's what they broadcast on JJJ

shine a light
she kissed me
cheapster
let it flow
richie lee
think i'm in love

if anyone in melbourne or australia has an MD or any kind of recording of the full set played in either the sydney or melb, can we get in touch and do a trade?

danfan9@hotmail.com or PM me here

cheers, daniel

Post by Guest »

Fair enough it was well-recorded but I'm still upset that they butchered it to such an extent. :(

Post by Guest »

Granted I haven't listened to it a great deal since the broadcast, however I don't think it was all that well recorded. There's many incidents where the levels of one instrument will dip sharply when the vocals kick in, or vice versa. I'm not terribly technically minded, and I'm sure somebody else will be able to supply the name of this effect. But it doesn't help the recording any.