Hope of the States?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

tobnac
Known user

Hope of the States?

Post by tobnac »

So, Hope of the States play tomorrow night at the Scala. Is it worth going, or one to miss?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

For what it's worth I'd say if you like a big swirling guitar sound then definitely go.

I saw them at Glasto last year, then at ULU, and both times they were great despite a few technical hitches.

They are basically similar to Godspeed you black emperor but with lyrics and a British twist, and there's nothing wrong with that!

I'll be there in my Amazing Grace t-shirt....
untitled
New user

Post by untitled »

I cannot recommend this band enough. I have not seen them live but they have improved a lot since Glasto last year or so reviews suggest. I have never known a new band to have such a range of superb material. Album out in two weeks and I think I can be pretty certain that it will be my album of the year. Definitely go.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Saw them in glasgow on Friday night. Was dissapointed.
Thought the band that were supporting them were more like Godspeed. (in parts) whereas HOTS just made a racket at times wasting songs that had started off well. Just seems to me they were launching into the noisy bits for the sake of it. The didnt add to much to the songs and it seemed a bit contrived to me. Didnt seem to build towards a wall of noise as so much crash into it. I had an open mind goin as I had never heard anythin by them b4
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
tobnac
Known user

Post by tobnac »

Did anyone go? I couldn't make it. How was it?
untitled
New user

Post by untitled »

I am waiting to see them at Glastonbury but I read it was quite a special gig. They performed Static in the Cities and the new b-side Angels over Kilburn. Big sing a long at the end apparently. :)

Anyway all look out for the album out on the 7th of June it is going to be superb.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I thought they were great, but then I am a big fan.

Easily the tightest of all the shows I've seen so far.

Roll on Glasto!!!!