Sigur Ros Documentary

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

purespace
Known user

Sigur Ros Documentary

Post by purespace »

I'm really unsure if this is old news, but a friend told me about a Sigur Ros documentary being made or is already made? Anyhow, here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpQ6m2Qf918
I think I feel it coming on
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Wow, that looks great!
Horrorflick
Known user

Re: Sigur Ros Documentary

Post by Horrorflick »

I'm watching it right now, and it's incredible... :D :D
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Heima is beautiful. A masterpiece in musicfilm.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Seconded - it is....utterly mesmerising. And on DVD you can get a bonus disc of a live show from the Takk tour that is also sensational.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I just purchased this yesterday. Can't wait to watch it. Does anyone have the really expensive version of it that has the booklet? How is that?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

toomilk wrote:I just purchased this yesterday. Can't wait to watch it. Does anyone have the really expensive version of it that has the booklet? How is that?
Wondrous is the answer!

Everything they do is absolutely top class....
a beautiful shonn
Known user

Post by a beautiful shonn »

Greeny wrote:Seconded - it is....utterly mesmerising. And on DVD you can get a bonus disc of a live show from the Takk tour that is also sensational.

hmmm, mine doesn't have this disc, what it has is more clips from all of the various venues that they show on DVD 1.

i hope i'm not missing something!

me.
noOne
Known user

Post by noOne »

a beautiful shonn wrote:
Greeny wrote:Seconded - it is....utterly mesmerising. And on DVD you can get a bonus disc of a live show from the Takk tour that is also sensational.

hmmm, mine doesn't have this disc, what it has is more clips from all of the various venues that they show on DVD 1.

i hope i'm not missing something!

me.
from the Sigur Ros website

heima packaging problem

30 november 2007
unfortunately, due to an error in manufacturing, it appears that some copies of “heima” (standard & special edition) have been incorrectly packed with two copies of the same disc inside.

as with any faulty goods you should look to return said item to point of purchase for an exchange (being sure to check that the replacement copy has both discs in). if you purchased online, the store should have a section which details their returns policy for faulty goods. below are a few useful return policy links, but please note - most stores operate a 28 or 30-day returns policy:
Lord Please Fuck My Mind For Good
a beautiful shonn
Known user

Post by a beautiful shonn »

thanks noone,

it's strange because it's not technically the same disc, it's just more of the same!

anyways, if it's a rareity i'd jsut assume keep it. i'll check out my friends copy to see if it's different than the one i have.

again thanks for the clarification.

me.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Just finished watching the film and all I can say is that it was extremely moving. I cannot recommend this film enough. It probably just pushed Sigur Ros into my top 20 favorite artists.
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Did anyone see this interview? They probably have.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIMGPlH4XPo
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Wow. That's worse than an interview with Jason.
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

Not very talkative, are they?
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Just got the double dvd as a christmas present and it is sheer beauty. Unlike anything else I have ever seen. Made me warm inside during these cold days....
"Thank you"
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Horrorflick wrote:Not very talkative, are they?
Hee hee hee.....the interviewer, Luke Burbank made somewhat of a big deal on NPR (the station's) website about it being the "worst interview in the history of music", and then he quit not too long after that. There was a HUGE controversy online (just look at the messages below, or on the YouTube location for it), there's some sort of "the interviewer sucked, band was fine, questions were bad" vs. "interviewer was fine, band was terrible at answering questions", etc, type of responses. I saw other interviews with Sigur Ros where they were quite gracious and talkative (in a one on one atmosphere)....I can only imagine that they weren't in the greatest mood to do the interview for whatever reason, and that maybe they're all kind of shy to take the lead in a group interview setting. It's almost like something out of Napoleon Dynamite! :D