i-tunes festival [cannae wait]

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

sparta72
Known user

i-tunes festival [cannae wait]

Post by sparta72 »

Anyone know when this is out? 5 track thingy??? :?:
JPB
Known user

Re: i-tunes festival

Post by JPB »

Today. But I can't see it !
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

Release date is now Monday March 17th.
ryansocash
Known user

Post by ryansocash »

That makes me mad as hell. 5 years isn't long enough to wait? they need to tag on 6 more days for us to hear something new?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I would be mad but today is too much of a good day. Neil Young is staying down the road from my house so I'm gonna go hunt him down.
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

Fucking bullshit, man. How much the fuck longer do we have to wait for this shit?
ryansocash
Known user

Post by ryansocash »

Ha! Your reply is perfect, infact thats pretty much how I wanted to put in my post this morning but then I thought everyone else on this board would give me a hard time.. So let me restate what I said before. I THINK ITS BULLSHIT THAT YOU FUCKING CUNTS MAKE ME WAIT 6 MORE COCKSUCKING DAYS!!!!! YOU RETARDS NEED TO SELL THAT SHIT NOW! Can anyone be more nasty?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

ryansocash wrote:...... I THINK ITS BULLSHIT THAT YOU FUCKING CUNTS MAKE ME WAIT 6 MORE COCKSUCKING DAYS!!!!! YOU RETARDS NEED TO SELL THAT SHIT NOW! Can anyone be more nasty?
Probably not
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

With regards to the official Acoustic Mainlines release that was mentioned a couple of months ago (I forget if it was an audio release or a dvd or both), is this itunes ep intended to fulfil that? Or can we still hope for a more comprehensive release at a later date?
G*
Known user

Post by G* »

Maybe Steve Jobs is holding the EP back so that he can do one of those slick Apple 'Keynote' (whatever the f*ck that means) product launches with Spaceman playing live. Or pressing the buttons on an iPod.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

iTune gave out free download vouchers at the gig. My guess is that they will keep delaying the release until after they run out (31st march). That way we never get anything for free with it because we have been too busy waiting for the release of this. Not only that but then we will pay for it.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

If anyone has an extra voucher...ahhemm...can you please send the code to me.....
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

then lets be nasty back. someone use the free voucher to download and then, well my mamma always told me it is good to share 8) *ahem*
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

bunnyben wrote:then lets be nasty back. someone use the free voucher to download and then, well my mamma always told me it is good to share 8) *ahem*
Yeah yeah yeah!!! Do that!!!! ahahahahahaahahaahahaaaaaa!!!!!!
Hey man there's a hole in my reason that I gotta close...
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

http://www.ituneslive.co.uk/march-2nd/

Spiritualized kicked off the last evening of this year’s iTunes Live: London Sessions with a spellbinding performance, including three songs from brand new album Songs In A&E. Jason Pierce was backed by a stripped-down band of three violinists, a cellist, two backing vocalists and long-term collaborator Thighpaulsandra on keyboards.

The band’s sound intertwined the melancholic moods of the violins with Pierce’s more upbeat acoustic guitar. The wonderful harmonising of the backing vocalists in “Cool Waves” soared and filled AIR Studios. Penultimate song “Anything More” almost lulled the venue to sleep with its soothing melodies and gentle strings, before “Broken Heart” wrapped up the performance.

Little review here:
http://www.clashmusic.com/live-review/n ... ritualized
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Longer review here:
http://www.drownedinsound.com/event/view/34676

"...delivers a warming and lushly closeting set that draws largely from Ladies and Gentlemen… and Amazing Grace. Interspersed between these are the Daniel Johnson cover ‘True Love Will Find You’ and a number of appetite-whetting glimpses of new material: ‘Death Take Your Fiddle’, ‘Going Down Slow’ and ‘Soul on Fire’ are all given a run out"
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Still no sign of the EP on i-Tunes...
G*
Known user

Post by G* »

Yeah, just tons of St. Patrick's Day compilations. That'll learn me for getting up so early.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

When will we learn :| ?
LUFC_SPACEMAN
Known user

Post by LUFC_SPACEMAN »

i want it now!
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

relax, Nizlopi is up there and available for download.
whats the problem?
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Is there any official reason for the delay....?
heyman
Known user

Post by heyman »

Can anyone find it on i Tunes? Looking today (mar 17th) but still not there....?!!! Talk about taking the piss!! :x
'I've had my fix, too much of it,
I'm losing track of time in 200 bars'
LUFC_SPACEMAN
Known user

Post by LUFC_SPACEMAN »

kasabian, kula shaker, mcartney etc are there to download but see no spzd?
LUFC_SPACEMAN
Known user

Post by LUFC_SPACEMAN »

oops no, that must have been an '07 one
heyman
Known user

Post by heyman »

Sort thi fuckin heads out.............i-TWATS
'I've had my fix, too much of it,
I'm losing track of time in 200 bars'
LUFC_SPACEMAN
Known user

Post by LUFC_SPACEMAN »

i hope that just for you section isn't looking at my playlist and offering music they think i'll like. fucking snow patrol?
Hans Lucas
Known user

Post by Hans Lucas »

When, if, this comes out, it will be available in the U.S. version of itunes right?
Time is the substance of which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along. But I am time. It's a tiger, tearing me apart; but I am the tiger.
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

It's not there. Wow, fuck, I'm surprised. At this rate, they'll do a StarTrek on us and push the release date back to sometime in '09...
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I actually think that this will only be released on the UK iTunes, since the US one does not have any of these "Live in London" EPs.

Thus, if a kind soul could...ummm...send it...to me.......*cough*

(that is, if it makes it past the mixing phase)
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Well the 17th came and went with no live EP. Has it been pushed back again?
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

My thoughts exactly. I logged on to iTunes all full of excitment and now feel rather disappointed.

I hope a similar thing doesn't happen with the album release.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
G*
Known user

Post by G* »

This is pretty annoying to say the least. Although it brings to mind Marty DiBergi's bit at the start of Spinal Tap: 'I remember being knocked out by their...their exuberance, their raw power...and their punctuality'.
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

I wish Jason would stick this out on 7" too. Even if he just pressed up a limited run to keep some of us happy. I can't get into the whole digital downloading of 'records'.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Fuzzhead wrote:I wish Jason would stick this out on 7" too. Even if he just pressed up a limited run to keep some of us happy. I can't get into the whole digital downloading of 'records'.

I feel the same, but I don't know how this works, with it being the itunes festival. I think that they'll own the recording, so they get to say how it gets released, which would obviously be only on download. I could be wrong though, it happened once before, a long time ago.

And anyway, if they've got to keep on delaying a download release, then we probably wouldn't see the vinyl until sometime 2012.
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

18.03.08 | i-tunes festival EP delayed

We have been told by i-tunes that there is a minor technical hold up which has delayed the EP going out today, we'll know more later when America wakes up. The plan is for the EP to be available to all territories simultaneously we believe. As soon as there is any further information it will be posted here. No conspiracy theories necessary...
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I think it has something to do with the US occupation of Iraq.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Seeing as this has been further delayed - can we be told the full track listing so we know what we are missing? Pretty fucking please?

(Heard the single - Soul on Fire today and it is the best Spz single since Electricity. Wonderful stuff).
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

Hey, fuck it. I'm through waiting with baited breath for any clue of a release from Jason and company. I'm probably not alone here in saying that the general state of "good" music is in a downturn, so fuck me. Pardon me for having the slightest bit of hope that a "good" album would be released to ease my jones. Maybe sometime in '09, after the tickets I bought for the "Electric Mainlines" tour that was supposed to come through Detroit (fat fucking chance there) are cancelled and I'm just sitting here wishing for something, fucking anything, even a new Dirtbombs platter, I'll click on and there it'll be in all it's glory: Songs in A&E. Of course by then, I'll be one of about a hundred and fifty who still give a fuck, or even remember there was supposed to be a new album...(If Jason is made so "uncomfortable" by this album, why doesn't he just release it and get it out of his system that much sooner?) Fuck if I know...
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

Oh, and by the way: Fuck!!!! :evil: :? :evil: :evil:
LUFC_SPACEMAN
Known user

Post by LUFC_SPACEMAN »

JPB wrote:
(Heard the single - Soul on Fire today and it is the best Spz single since Electricity. Wonderful stuff).

cheapster is surely the best single since electricity?
))<>((
Known user

Post by ))<>(( »

maybe the current 'downturn' of 'good music' is partly due to the ''me! me! me! now! now! now!'' attitude of so many modern consumers? do you really think jason has much say in things like the release date (or the delay) of this ep? he makes music, he doesn't run a business - that's why there are record labels. are you really so disheartened by the incompetency of itunes that your love for spiritualized is in question? sit tight, if great new music comes along, it's a blessing and a luxury. you're not owed anything from jason or his record label, or even itunes. i'm frustrated by the delay too, but you make out like jason's sitting there, reading your rants and laughing at you. try to take it easy!
Hans Lucas
Known user

Post by Hans Lucas »

))<>(( wrote:maybe the current 'downturn' of 'good music' is partly due to the ''me! me! me! now! now! now!'' attitude of so many modern consumers? do you really think jason has much say in things like the release date (or the delay) of this ep? he makes music, he doesn't run a business - that's why there are record labels. are you really so disheartened by the incompetency of itunes that your love for spiritualized is in question? sit tight, if great new music comes along, it's a blessing and a luxury. you're not owed anything from jason or his record label, or even itunes. i'm frustrated by the delay too, but you make out like jason's sitting there, reading your rants and laughing at you. try to take it easy!
Good post ... harden the f up people.
Time is the substance of which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along. But I am time. It's a tiger, tearing me apart; but I am the tiger.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Horrorflick wrote:Hey, fuck it, fuck, fuck etc sitting here wishing for something, fucking anything, even a new Dirtbombs platter,fuck...
Well, I saw a new Dirtbombs last weekend in the leg-endary Mono and it's called 'We Have You Surrounded', as far as i know a brand new LP for 2008. Never knew it was out, or on its way, and it was just sitting there so I asked to hear the first tune and it was rockin! So I guess I know what i'm getting this payday.

Cool sleeve as well!

And this thread is hereby known as the 'No Patience' thread.

And besides, will the live EP be as good as the Union Chapel or Boston bootlegs? I'm not convinced...
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

))<>(( wrote:maybe the current 'downturn' of 'good music' is partly due to the ''me! me! me! now! now! now!'' attitude of so many modern consumers? do you really think jason has much say in things like the release date (or the delay) of this ep? he makes music, he doesn't run a business - that's why there are record labels. are you really so disheartened by the incompetency of itunes that your love for spiritualized is in question? sit tight, if great new music comes along, it's a blessing and a luxury. you're not owed anything from jason or his record label, or even itunes. i'm frustrated by the delay too, but you make out like jason's sitting there, reading your rants and laughing at you. try to take it easy!
According to a couple of friends of mine who are "insiders" in the biz, most of the "major" labels are just crumbling infrastructures that are hemorrhaging cash like some poor motherf**ker that just got shot in the chest 5 times. Where is the new, "take it to the man, for the fans" attitude that is supposed to come with the "indies" taking over? The album's fucking finished for fuck's sake. The Raconteurs (bad example) are just going to drop their new EP, all formats, no singles, hype, advertising, nothing, right into the laps of their fans next week. It'd be one thing if the initial recording sessions hadn't even been booked yet, but it's just sitting on the shelf gathering dust while Jason's fans just keep on getting older...
Horrorflick
Known user

Re: i-tunes festival [cannae wait]

Post by Horrorflick »

P.S. I just saw the Dirtbombs too, and I wish they'd played a lot less off the new EP...
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

LUFC_SPACEMAN wrote:
JPB wrote:

cheapster is surely the best single since electricity?
Hmmm...maybe I've been jaded by too many pub jukeboxes, but I reckon Cheapster is the better single.

As for Soul On Fire, it sounds better than the Acoustic Mainlines version, but it still doesn't really light my fire...however the nuanced changes to the chord progression and other differences make it sound rather good - it's really whetted my appetite for the new album, and especially the electric versions of Sitting On Fire and Death Take Your Fiddle, if these tracks have had the same electric studio treatment then I'm filled with hope and expectations...worth the wait one usually has to put up in A&E.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

To be fair I was never much of a fan of Cheapster.

Had their been any official news on the new (3rd) release date for the Itunes EP?
))<>((
Known user

Post by ))<>(( »

Horrorflick wrote:Me! Me! Me! Fucking! Now! Now! Now! Fuck!
your notion that the indies are taking over is proof that your views are based on...well, the moon. the indies are struggling more than ever. you have all these expectations that seem to be built on your own perception of how the whole thing works or what every band/label should be doing. besides that, my initial point still stands that you are owed nothing. even if jason chose to pull the album & ep now, never release it and become a binman, it's really none of our business...as i say, music is a luxury. and does the age of jasons fans really have anything to do with it?

also, to be honest, i don't see a downturn in good music. i see (for the most part) the same old drivel becoming popular with the masses, while genuinely great new music has more opportunity than ever to reach the people who want to find it. i think things are as exciting as ever right now.

but this isn't really a debate about the current state of music, labels and bands - it's really about itunes - who are shite, i totally agree. personally i suspect they're holding back the ep release because they think they'll make more money if they release it a bit closer to the album. which if true does indeed, suck. but y'know, to re-iterate my initial points; it's not likely to be jason telling them to hold up, and...well...life goes on.
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

I know conspiracy theories are not required and there's nothing sinister going on, but I am a wee bit curious about what the "techinical difficulties" could be? The iTunes Store has been functioning for long enough now to have removed all the glitches from this simple process:

1. Record concert
2. Convert recording into .mp4 files
3. Upload files
4. Sell and distribute files

Could the "technical difficulties" have something to do with the Elvis estate? Mulder?...

Peace.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I think it's blindingly obvious that this delay is strongly linked to Steve Fossett's disappearance.

That's if you can call somebody being murdered by the US military a disappearance.

Did I hear someone mention the moon landings?

:|
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

mkb wrote: That's if you can call somebody being murdered by the US military a disappearance.
Sure you can, they do it all the time!
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

the Elvis estate??? :?
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

the Elvis estate???

Because of the 'can't help falling in love' section from Ladies & Gentlemen.

Is there any official news on the new release date / track listing? I'm bored of loggin into Itunes daily... :?
swinny
Known user

Post by swinny »

It is there now!

Sitting on Fire
Lord let it rain on me
True love will find you in the end
Death take your fiddle
Walking with jesus

£1.99

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 4&s=143444
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

woo hoo. I'll stop my bitchin now!
Hans Lucas
Known user

Post by Hans Lucas »

damn, no availability in the US store. Can you buy from the UK store in the US?
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

yes...i am having the same problem. don't normally use itunes but would be happy to support my favorite band. why can't us buy from the uk store?
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

bcastle21 wrote:yes...i am having the same problem. don't normally use itunes but would be happy to support my favorite band. why can't us buy from the uk store?
Why don't you ask a nice person if they'd post it somewhere for you? I'm sure someone will oblige...I'm not interested in this though, own LOADS of acoustic mainlines shows and I don't think this'll differ too much...
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

well i have loads of shows too, but spiritualized is a band that i will always be willing to throw a few bucks towards...
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

bcastle21 wrote:well i have loads of shows too, but spiritualized is a band that i will always be willing to throw a few bucks towards...

Yer but what I mean is if you can't download where you are maybe someone will be willing to upload for you. No doubt people will e downloading it with the free download voucher they received so it shouldn't be too much trouble for em
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

bcastle21 wrote:yes...i am having the same problem. don't normally use itunes but would be happy to support my favorite band. why can't us buy from the uk store?
In order to buy from the UK store, you have to sign up for a UK iTunes account. For some reason, they don't transfer. Hopefully some kind, kind soul will post them here. :D
swinny
Known user

Post by swinny »

They are DRM'ed tracks (not iTunes Plus), so unless someone is willing to strip the DRM etc before uploading, then they shouldn't be appearing here as they won't work for anyone other than the original purchaser.

All national iTunes stores only allow accounts to be registered with a local credit card, so unless it is added to the US store then you won't be able to purchase. (Blame the music companies for trying to maintain their regional markets for this).

It's a decent little EP, and for £2 you can hardly complain...sound quality is only marginally better than the better bootlegs out there though.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

thinline wrote: Yer but what I mean is if you can't download where you are maybe someone will be willing to upload for you. No doubt people will e downloading it with the free download voucher they received so it shouldn't be too much trouble for em
I have one of those vouchers and it won't let me use it for the EP. And to make things worse I can't even buy it normally, keep getting error message from itunes shop. Welcome to my world... technology rules it, and badly! :x
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

well I can strip the DRM if you need it...
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

That fucking figures. Maybe there's a torrent out there somewhere. I guess they're stupider than I thought they were. Hey, fuck 'em, I would have bought it, now I'll just have to illegally download it...