Matt Everitt chats with Jason

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

thinline
Known user

Matt Everitt chats with Jason

Post by thinline »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0onp4oV8ZFU

If no one's seen it yet, this is quite good....
Hey man there's a hole in my reason that I gotta close...
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Re: Matt Everitt chats with Jason

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Cheers thinline...will have a watch/listen when the connection stops playing up

Would have been even better if it was Kenny Everitt interviewing Jason...
Anyone have similar celebrity interview fantasies? :arrow:
Shoulders back, smash it
G*
Known user

Post by G* »

Just the one: Roy 'Chubby' Brown and Germaine Greer.
A saint
Known user

Post by A saint »

That is pretty interesting. It's easily the most relaxed I've ever seen him look on camera.
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

When was this filmed?
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Thanks for posting that! What a cool place that was... As a teenager I worked in a mental hospital for a year and I was always fascinated by their electric shock therapy machines. That was kind of an intense experience though.

A friend of mine has been storing a human skeleton and several skulls at my place. He recently came and retrieved all the human stuff, but couldn't fit the little animal ones in his bag so I got to keep some....You'd think they'd creep me out, but I have grown fond of them (not in a morbid way). They are very beautiful.

Nice segment. Thanks again!
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

What a nice video of Jason just shootin' the shit. I haven't seen anything like this before. Wow.
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

well he mentions they'd been in Iceland so it can't be more than few weeks old. It fits the album's feel so well in this surrounding...I like seeing Jason having a chuckle though. He got so much bad press over the years for being a difficult interview. It just goes to show if you talk to him about things he wants to talk about he seems dead enthusiastic. I downloaded this video cuz my connection hates youtube :roll: . Glad you enjoyed it as much I did...
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Yes, thinline...good spot...very satisfying watch.
Shoulders back, smash it
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

thinline wrote: He got so much bad press over the years for being a difficult interview. It just goes to show if you talk to him about things he wants to talk about he seems dead enthusiastic.
I've heard that mentioned before (perhaps here on the MB), but I've never quite been able to understand it. I always find his interviews very interesting, and like you say- he comes across as an enthusiastic person, I'd even say 'larger than life'. Also, I find him far more eloquent and interesting to listen to than the bog standard rock star. Both in terms of how eloquent he is and the topics he's interested in. Fantastic speaking voice too... :D

Thanks for this thinline!
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

sunny wrote:
thinline wrote: He got so much bad press over the years for being a difficult interview. It just goes to show if you talk to him about things he wants to talk about he seems dead enthusiastic.
I've heard that mentioned before (perhaps here on the MB), but I've never quite been able to understand it. I always find his interviews very interesting, and like you say- he comes across as an enthusiastic person, I'd even say 'larger than life'. Also, I find him far more eloquent and interesting to listen to than the bog standard rock star. Both in terms of how eloquent he is and the topics he's interested in. Fantastic speaking voice too... :D

Thanks for this thinline!
Did you ever here that session he did KEXP? Morning Becomes Eclectic I think it was called. His voice sounded so cracked when he was talking lol It sounded like he was really nervous...lol
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

:lol: Haha...well we all get nervous sometimes. I'm sure I must have heard it...I have followed most of the inteviews and radio stuff since '94 (unless it was earlier). My memory is so crap I get confused about what was said when and where.

But yeah, I think nerves are normal though, aren't day? I'm generally quite talkative but there are circumstances when I clam up (I have become less self concious with age). That's not the same as being difficult or having nothing to say. Sometimes the interviewer has nothing interesting to ask or they just cover ground that has been covered so many times before. Good 'journalism' or program hosting is all about finding the right questions to ask and getting people to open up. A lot of music program hosts are not particularly skilled at their own job and then end up blaming their subject. There's kind of a 'now entertain me' attitude going on. They want the artist to do their job for them. Anyway, it seems like Jason's now doing that too really well.

Oops, sorry I'm ranting! :oops: I seem to be on an opinion rampage lately... don't know what's come over me. I think I've spent too many days locked up in front of a computer. Next thing I'll be having discussions with myself.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

Yeah, interviewers can be really lame. I mean that guy from MTV seemed to have the answer in his mind before he asked the question. Once I did an interview with Alan Vega and he had the same complaint. It's like the interviewer feeds the answer in their question, making for a basic regurgitation of the same ideas over and over again.

I agree that this was very interesting to watch, Jason does have a very cool sounding voice, and usually is extremely articulate. Once you start tape recording, most people have difficulty getting their thoughts out.
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

Yeah I guess you're right. Thing is in that radio interview he mentions AG as being the fourth studio album. I'm surprised J didn't correct him....I think I would have....unless it was an overdub...I duno
At any rate J is very articulate and intelligent, I like hearing him talk, its just a pity, like you say, that interviewers don't seem to ask the right questions...
LUFC_SPACEMAN
Known user

Post by LUFC_SPACEMAN »

cheers thinline, it was a little strange to watch. I've only seen a couple of interviews with Jase and he didn't say much, I always put that down to him either (a) being wrecked or (b) being generally 'rock star' cool. but seeing this has made me realise he is just a normal bloke! He walked past me at the Leicester gig last year but I didn't have the balls to say anything!