Euro tour schedule? festivals?

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

jack white
Known user

Euro tour schedule? festivals?

Post by jack white »

when can we expect a tour itinerary for the summer euro leg, please?
time is upon us! summer is here! look outside! go outside! it's lovely!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
cantona
Known user

Re: Euro tour schedule? festivals?

Post by cantona »

Any news of Euro tour?
repeater
Known user

Post by repeater »

We need at least one Scandinavian date.. The fact that I seriously considered going when I heard that strange rumour about Spiritualized supporting Lenny Kravitz in Estonia (?!) speaks volumes about my desperation I think. :mrgreen:
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

repeater wrote:We need at least one Scandinavian date.. The fact that I seriously considered going when I heard that strange rumour about Spiritualized supporting Lenny Kravitz in Estonia (?!) speaks volumes about my desperation I think.
ain't rumour. that will happen - Kravitz is planned for chilling the Spiritualized in Tallinn on the 10th of june.
same "company" will be together in Turku, Finland on 7th of june and in Helsinki, Finland on 8th of june.

weird indeed that it has not been mentioned on the News/Gigs page. makes me think what else we don't know? maybe there are more plans, more deals are signed, but here we are only told about festivals and UK dates on a hurry, rest of the world is sort of neglected...........

and check this out - let me translate you a small part from an interview with Lenny Kravitz from thursdays newspaper Eesti Ekspress:
Question: Have you already met with Spiritualized?
Answer: Who??
Qurestion: Spiritualized is supporting You in Tallinn.
Answer: So i guess i will meet them in there...

look at it from whatever side, but seems like Lenny even does not know that this band exists! my guess is thats not a fault, but excuse me, this world is long time ago not so small.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumour that they'll be playing in Kilkenny over the summer? I've heard Mercury Rev mentioned for Kilkenny as well but not necessarily on the same bill. I dunno where this could be but seemingly its a small venue set for June/July so i'm not getting confused with the Electric Picnic either. I've heard this mentioned a few times but no concrete info from anyone.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
repeater
Known user

Post by repeater »

veiko wrote:ain't rumour. that will happen - Kravitz is planned for chilling the Spiritualized in Tallinn on the 10th of june.
same "company" will be together in Turku, Finland on 7th of june and in Helsinki, Finland on 8th of june.

weird indeed that it has not been mentioned on the News/Gigs page. makes me think what else we don't know? maybe there are more plans, more deals are signed, but here we are only told about festivals and UK dates on a hurry, rest of the world is sort of neglected...........
Well, in a way it is understandable if the Spiritualized management doesn't want to advertise the fact that the band will be touring with Lenny Kravitz. :lol: As for the time being, I'll have to take your word for this as there is no other word whatsoever to go on here - but it does seem strange that this has not so much as been mentioned on either this website or Lenny Kravitz' official homepage (yes I actually checked, I'm that sad).
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Lenny's playing in Cologne on 3rd June, but Spiritualized aren't the support. It would be nice to be able to buy the CD in Germany but apparently the release date is 27 June on the cooperative label. Bizarrely the US import is 7 euros cheaper and available now. I suppose they won't tour until the record is available, but I dearly hope they do play some European club dates, Hamburg, Düsseldorf/Cologne, or the hall where they played an acoustic show in Luxemburg (fantastic sound) would be great.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Jasonsmith wrote:Lenny's playing in Cologne on 3rd June, but Spiritualized aren't the support.
like i told, it's three nights only. 2 in Finland and 1 in Estonia. i was in contact with the organizers here and it's as sure as a sunset. posters are all over the city - "special guest is Spiritualized".

i'm dreaming about a SPZ concert in Vienna. thats where i wanna go.
repeater
Known user

Post by repeater »

veiko wrote:i was in contact with the organizers here and it's as sure as a sunset. posters are all over the city - "special guest is Spiritualized".
here's further official confirmation for anyone who's as baffled as I am about this - http://www.livenation.fi/event/getEvent/eventId/318860/ ... :shock: :shock: :shock:
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

The following shows were confirmed last week and the gigs section will be updated.

June:
Sat 7 Finland, Turku, Arena
Sun 8 Finland, Helsinki, Hartwell Arena
Tue 10 Estonia, Tallin, Saku Arena

Sun 15 Norway, Oslo, Norwegian Wood Festival (onstage 5.30pm)

Aug 17 Kilkenny Arts Festival.
repeater
Known user

Post by repeater »

spazed99 wrote:Tue 10 Estonia, Tallin, Saku Arena

Sun 15 Norway, Oslo, Norwegian Wood Festival
Ample space to fit in at least one date in Sweden! :P
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

spazed99 wrote:Tue 10 Estonia, Tallin, Saku Arena
good call! Jase, Tallinn is waiting for you!! after you only desertwind will watch L.Kravitz.
Estonia is actually not a totally unfamiliar place to Jase. John Coxon has been with Spring Heel Jack many times in here (that was when they were d'n'b act) and he surely has some nice memories about this place and has them shared with Jase. look for SPH tracks called "Eesti" and "Kino", all are references to Estonia. in resemblance to the highest gig on earth, SPH has played in TV tower in Tallinn and that was before SPZ did their tower gigs.
high times... (this time without Coxon.)
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Lenny Kravitz and Spiritualized in Tallinn....Veiko, that IS the highest show on earth!!! :D

Nice one, I imagine you are looking forward to it.

Maybe Spz will play 'Let Love Rule'... :wink:
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

BzaInSpace wrote:Maybe Spz will play 'Let Love Rule'...
or "Rock'n'roll is dead" or try to start "Fields of joy" and then give it up. Lenny will have a few shots trying to start "I think i'm in love", but desertwind from the empty concert hall will interrupt it. really, where is the God of music when you need it and cancel the headliner, so that gospel can clean our souls and turn poison in my veins into purest gold. fate, i'll be watching for you.

anyone for a beer before Hartwall show?
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

setlists were same in Helsinki and Tallinn:

you lie you cheat
shine a light
cheapster
soul on fire
sweet talk
sitting on fire
she kissed me
come together

altogether around 40 minutes. show was tight, no wasting time between songs, just to squeez in as many songs as possible. but all was good- flying high, landing softly, just like it should be with Spz. band was backed with two gospel singers. i recorded the Helsinki show. if someone is up for a oldtime cd trade, then pm me. i'm looking for the shows from this year.
of course i was left with mouth watering feeling. 40 minutes felt just so short, like lighting a match. still i must say that tank was full of gas and they used it all, Spz did not drop the price of a good show as being a warm-up band. it still was "criminally" short. my own favorite is Sitting On Fire. it's one of the best for me from the new album.
plans to see them again in october in UK are already developing. hopefully shows will be mentioned also on the News/Gigs section in the future. awfully weird to read about a show that was close, but got missed.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

veiko wrote:setlists were same in Helsinki and Tallinn:

you lie you cheat
shine a light
cheapster
soul on fire
sweet talk
sitting on fire
she kissed me
come together

altogether around 40 minutes. show was tight, no wasting time between songs, just to squeez in as many songs as possible. but all was good- flying high, landing softly, just like it should be with Spz. band was backed with two gospel singers. i recorded the Helsinki show. if someone is up for a oldtime cd trade, then pm me. i'm looking for the shows from this year.
of course i was left with mouth watering feeling. 40 minutes felt just so short, like lighting a match. still i must say that tank was full of gas and they used it all, Spz did not drop the price of a good show as being a warm-up band. it still was "criminally" short. my own favorite is Sitting On Fire. it's one of the best for me from the new album.
plans to see them again in october in UK are already developing. hopefully shows will be mentioned also on the News/Gigs section in the future. awfully weird to read about a show that was close, but got missed.

And Lenny???
Shoulders back, smash it
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

eleKtroniK:musiK wrote:And Lenny???
lets put it that way - yes, he was there :evil:
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Indeed he was...and here is a pic of Len taken from a picture hanging on the wall of a Tallin boozer.
Luck be a lady tonight!

Shoulders back, smash it
Safesurfer
New user

Post by Safesurfer »

I`ll be at the Les Ardentes Festival in Liege, Belgium.