Green Man Festival

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

coolwaves
Known user

Green Man Festival

Post by coolwaves »

Spiritualized will be Friday headliners at this years Green Man Festival 8)

http://www.thegreenmanfestival.co.uk/home
Shinesalight
Known user

Re: Green Man Festival

Post by Shinesalight »

Anyone going to this? I'm off up there with a few friends. A bit gutted that Spiritualized clash with Black Mountain though.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

pentangle, ads, remember
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah....bring on the Tangle!!!

Looks like its only me off of here going anyway mate.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

i had a look today when i seen the timings, i just cant afford it, too much coming on in the autumn, have a good one
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

Pentangle .
good heavens.

green with envy!
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

i'll be there too, cant wait to see spiritualized and the furries. just hope the weather is ok, cant be any worse than glastonbury 2007 !
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah, the weather's not looking too great is it? I've got a real dilema at the moment as well. Have borrowed a tent & practiced putting it up in our garden last night. My housemate and her daughter then decided to sleep in it for the night and it has been raining ever since so have been unable to pack it away! Just hoping we're going to have a dry spell before I head off to Wales on Thursday morning. Haven't been camping for at least 12 years or so so am both looking forward to and dreading this weekend's festival depending on the weather.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

Ahahahahaha
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

yea, pretty funny. looking forward to hearing how you get on, ads!
dear, oh dear. good luck!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Anne Haddy
New user

Post by Anne Haddy »

Oh im going all right-and have been since i started a thread up about it all those months ago!!(relax Anne, its not personal.. :shock: )Cant wait, fair play-my fourth time, and it gets better every year. This year im looking forward to Spirtitualized, SFA, Caribou (brilliant in Glasto'08 i thought),Fuck Buttons, Iron and Wine, The National...arrrgh-theres just too many goddamn.Clashes ahoy too, but i dont care.Also keen to check out Black Mountain, Drive By Truckers and War on Drugs come to think of it.Enjoy it hombres, i know i will. :D
do i look as guilty as i feel?
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

Just read on the greenman web site that u cant take your own booze into the music arena only in the camping fields !
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Isn't that normal policy at all festivals though Estee? Can't say I've been to any where you can take your own booze into the main arena.

PS: That weather hasn't improved yet has it?!
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
helterskelter
Known user

Post by helterskelter »

the wonder of Truck Festival!
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

Ads wrote:Isn't that normal policy at all festivals though Estee? Can't say I've been to any where you can take your own booze into the main arena.

PS: That weather hasn't improved yet has it?!
you can take your own drinks into glastonbury festival apart from glass bottles. never been to v or reading/leeds festivals but ive been told you cant take it into the music arena site also. the only festivals ive ever been to are, glastonbury, bristol ashton court and the end of the road festival. one of the many good things about glastonbury is that once youre in youre in, whereas other festivals there are 2 sites, the music arena and the camp site. i thought greenman would have been 1 site like glastonbury but apparently not. im sure ill think of a way, camel pack ruck sack filled with guinness doesnt sound too nice though.

just checked the bbc weather site and still showing as rain rain rain :(
Anne Haddy
New user

Post by Anne Haddy »

estee wrote:Just read on the greenman web site that u cant take your own booze into the music arena only in the camping fields !
Third year at this site, and the website warns of that every time. Glass bottles are a no go, but cans havent been an issue in the past.Hell-they even have can recylcing bins strewn around the place.fear not, after the initial enthusiam of the stewards, youll be reet come friday.
do i look as guilty as i feel?
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

Third year at this site, and the website warns of that every time. Glass bottles are a no go, but cans havent been an issue in the past.Hell-they even have can recylcing bins strewn around the place.fear not, after the initial enthusiam of the stewards, youll be reet come friday.[/quote]

great stuff, thanks for the tip anne. now, anything you can do about the rain ??
Dikky
Known user

Post by Dikky »

I'm going this year and i went last year, i remember being able to walk in to the arena with a couple of cans in my pockets last year no-one really seemed to care.

I reckon i'll be missing spz though i've seen them twice already this year and god knows when Black Mountain will be back on these shores. Missing Pentangle as well, which is a shame but fuck it Caribou in the folkey dokey is gonna be amazing.
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

As previously mentioned

Ahahahahaha
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

hi, here is the set list and some pics from the greenman festival this weekend. as ever spiritualized were amazing but not on for long, just over an hour. a varied set list from the band, a song from every album plus a couple of spacemen 3 songs. oh, and it started to rain during lay back in the sun, the irony !
it was my first time at greenman, nice festival if you don't like the crowds as it's quite a small site compared to glastonbury which is a change for me. very chilled out place, a lot of families there. the only unusual things i saw all weekend was rhys ifans staggering about the place completely pissed covered in mud and the signs by the toilets in the camping area warning you of the adders nesting nearby !!! i didnt stay to see the super furry animals as it rained heavily from saturday lunch time until i got home saturday night, there's only so many times you can say to yourself i am having fun...i am having fun...i am having fun stood in this pissing rain !!! it's probably my age :D

intro.
you lie you cheat.
shine a light.
cheapster.
soul on fire.
sweet talk.
sitting on fire.
walkin with jesus.
oh baby.
lay back in the sun.
death take your fiddle.
she kissed me (it felt like a hit).
come together.
take me to the other side.
Greenman festival 2008-01.jpg
Greenman festival 2008-01.jpg (253.24 KiB) Viewed 7886 times
Greenman festival 2008-02.jpg
Greenman festival 2008-02.jpg (251.53 KiB) Viewed 7886 times
Greenman festival 2008-03.jpg
Greenman festival 2008-03.jpg (229.36 KiB) Viewed 7887 times
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

C'mon Ads

How wet did you get ?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Well, I've made it back....despite the place turning into something out of the first world war by Saturday afternoon. Fucking rain. Tried not to let it dappen my spirits and just kept drinking.

A very, very eventful weekend. Got off to a bad start when we got pulled over at a random police check and had our small bag of weed taken off us. Me and my mate aren't exactly Cheech and Chong which made the whole experience laughable really. And just to show my naivety, when I asked the policeman what would happen to my mate who had the bag on him, the policeman replied that he'd just got a ticking off and he was sat back in my car, I then asked "do we get our drugs back then?"!!!

That kind of set the precedent for a the rest of the weekend really. Luckily it didn't rain while we were puttting the tent up or for the majority of the Friday. Like Estee said, the first instance of rain wasn't until midway through the Spiritualized set, but nothing was going to get me down during that hour or so...they were immense. Musically other highlights were King Creosote, Drive By Truckers, Iron & Wine and SFA & Caribou were both sheer class. Also discoverd loads of smaller acts so I'll be looking to check out their CD's (Mumford & Sons, Agnostic Mountain Gospel Choir, Truckers of Husk, Babel,).

Anyway, depsite the rain and the mud it was a brilliant long weekend. The Breacon Beacons are simply beautiful, a perfect setting for a festival. The food on offer was great and not too overpriced and the overall vibe was really chilled out. Not sure if I'm in the mood to go camping again for a while and I have a soaking wet tent and waterproofs now that I don't know what the fuck to do with (the fucking rain has followed me back to Brighton!!!!).
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Dikky
Known user

Post by Dikky »

Yeah... I left Black Mountain early and saw Spiritualized from the end of Cheapster, was fucking ace.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Spiritualized playing this year: https://www.greenman.net/line-up/2023/

It's not a bad lineup really. Not earthshattering but i'd be happy with it over a weekend. Certainly when compared to the dross being served up by Irish festivals this year.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

yes, I thought it looked more interesting than most I've seen. Devo would be fun. Sadly its sold out.