- Brotherhood
- Technique
- Republic
?? And why??
JPB
Known user

Re: Survey: New Order

Post by JPB »

I love Technique. It summed up the time and was a perfect blend of rock and dance. It's even aged well. For me it's the most accomplished of their records. Bless 'em - the next record they released was utter shite. But that's New Order for you.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Power, Corruption, & Lies, definitely. I think it's their most consistent album. They perfectly blend the synths and guitars on it sonically. It's also the most playful. The energy on it is great. My second favorite would probably be Brotherhood.
eelnekwah
Known user

Post by eelnekwah »

For me too it would have to be Power ,Corruption & Lies.Never really got into the later material as much but every track on this one is standout
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

Brotherhood.

If only for the fact it reminds me of the first time I saw New Order (at the Finsbury Park Supertent in June 87) and was both the best and worst New Order gig I ever saw.

It seemed every football thug in the North West had come down for that one, very much a case of don’t catch anyone’s eye. The bouncers were a bunch of psychopaths who each had an even more psychopathic dog with him.

This was New Order pre-acid house, quite clearly not getting on and in full southerner-hating, each other-hating, playing live-hating belligerent mode. I heard later they were only playing dates that summer to pay a tax bill.

In spite of all this, New Order played a blinder which was a nice contrast to the mud throwing, the scallies and homicidal security. I had a tape of this gig which I played regularly for years.

Times and tastes change and I don’t even own a copy now, maybe should remedy that some time.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

nickh wrote:Brotherhood.

If only for the fact it reminds me of the first time I saw New Order (at the Finsbury Park Supertent in June 87) and was both the best and worst New Order gig I ever saw.
I saw them at Glsonbury that year and it was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen. I was full of mushrooms and the lazer show combined with the music is something I will never forget for as long as live.
slim
Known user

Post by slim »

I'm another Power, Corruption and Pies. I can still remember coming home on the bus one cold winter evening with it. I just wish they'd hurry up and fix the problems with the recent reissues so I can get a CD version that doesn't sound so thin an tinny as the previous CD was, my mp3-ing my original vinyl was a better quality.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

Movement
onechord
Known user

Post by onechord »

movement is as good as perfect prescription. couldn't ever tire of either one.

here is a pretty nice song that reminds me a lot of 'age of consent'. the one i'm referring to is called '1983'. (the rest of their/his songs are all bird crap.. :( ...but 1983 gives you that new orderish uplifting that would (like age of consent) probably pair quite well with an e. mmm.

http://www.myspace.com/themosesleroy
enjoy.