NY:LON

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Geoff
Known user

NY:LON

Post by Geoff »

Now there was a nice surprise on TV last night - Do it all over again being played out in the closing sequence of what was otherwise a run of the mill romance story. Any other instances of Spiritualized music featuring in TV shows or film?
Ian

Post by Ian »

Over the last Christmas break, BB1 showed The Story Of Doctor Who, a documentary looking back at the ace SF adventure show. Towards the end, when they started talking about how it has been off air for a long time now, a distinctive intro struck up, to be followed by... "Don't know what to do with myself / 'Cos all of my thoughts are with you / I just don't know what to do on my own...".

Ripped well out of context, but strangely moving anyway!

I noticed that they chopped up lines from different verses of Do It All Over Again to make it fit the narrative of Ny-Lon better.

Love,

Ian
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

i remember around the time of let it come down a few tracks were used for trailers. I particularly remember out of Sight being used on ITV football highlights.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

I've heard 'Won't get to heaven' on a trailer for a program about Christianity and "Broken Heart' a couple of times. There are others too, but I can't quite recall what they were.
One Asian Under A Groove
Known user

Post by One Asian Under A Groove »

Surely Channel 4's adverts for the return of Richard & Judy to the UK's TV screens can't be beaten? Clips of lots of people getting a little too obsessed with the pair (e.g. a tattooist tattooing Judy instead of the intended girlfriend's name), followed by swelling music and...

"Come on baby, stop your crying..."