Cup Final

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

runcible
Site Admin

Cup Final

Post by runcible »

Where are all you City nutters? Your boys did well yesterday despite the game being a tad dull. Bad boy Ballotelli was absolutely brilliant throughout - and he's just the sort of footballer I normally love to hate - with more influence than anyone else. I'll give a firm thumbs up to Stoke's Jermaine Pennant who was quite excellent - particularly as he looked finished at half time with a nasty ankle injury.

Anyway, hopefully this is the initial blue dent in their more successful red rivals hold on English football for the last 20 or so years. Anything's better than those twats dominating everything.
bunnyben
Known user

Re: Cup Final

Post by bunnyben »

i couldn't even be arsed to listen. the prem is getting ever dull although i'm listening to an exciting game atm. west ham vs wigan. both teams are fighting for their status.
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

enjoyed the game ,the clash of 2 styles kinda thing ,City deserved their win I think on chances created ,particularlly enjoyed the post match interviews with the City players and their swearing outbursts !! Ballotelli politely asking if he was aloud to say shit on tv being a highlight.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

bunnyben wrote:i couldn't even be arsed to listen. the prem is getting ever dull although i'm listening to an exciting game atm. west ham vs wigan. both teams are fighting for their status.
I am a very glum and angry Hammer today. What a woeful season that was! We've been in trouble for 2-3 seasons now and it was always coming but even so. 0-2 up at half time then to throw it away and lose 3-2 is gutting. We've done that too many times this season. Look at Wolves and Blackpool, and Wigan too, down the bottom as well but at least they've shown passion and drive and could well live another day in the Premiership. Avram Grant always looks downbeat and I can't imagine him firing up the players at all.

At least someone from Millwall had fun. At the end of the game a light aircraft circled overhead trailing a banner with the words "Avram Grant. Millwall Legend" on it. Haha. The meatheads will look forward to that derby clash next season and the whiff of violence that goes with it.

Bubbles well and truly popped :-(
Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

runcible wrote:Anyway, hopefully this is the initial blue dent in their more successful red rivals hold on English football for the last 20 or so years. Anything's better than those twats dominating everything.
Hmmmm.

Well done Man City, I have to eat my words from earlier in the season regarding YaYa as he has had an exceptional push for the second half of the season. Late entry for player of the year. Kompany has been excellent throughout, Joe Hart is ridiculously good for one so young and a consistently on form Tevez/Balotelli is what I hope to see next year. Also a little mention for Zabalaeta who is fast becoming my favourite unsung hero.

Anythings better than watching/reading/hearing the dirge that surrounds the Auld Firm. This season has been highly disgusting for a thousand different reasons and I fear that next season with respective "Celtic/Rangers minded" coaches in place the ugly fervour will just ramp up.

B,
S.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

runcible wrote:Where are all you City nutters? Your boys did well yesterday despite the game being a tad dull. Bad boy Ballotelli was absolutely brilliant throughout - and he's just the sort of footballer I normally love to hate - with more influence than anyone else. I'll give a firm thumbs up to Stoke's Jermaine Pennant who was quite excellent - particularly as he looked finished at half time with a nasty ankle injury.

Anyway, hopefully this is the initial blue dent in their more successful red rivals hold on English football for the last 20 or so years. Anything's better than those twats dominating everything.