What Are You Listening To Now?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

runcible
Site Admin

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Post by runcible »

Humble Pie - Rock On
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Inspired by the other thread, Let It Come Down.

Sometimes I find this album a touch too grandiose, but On Fire and Don't Just Do Something are really striking a chord with me today.
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

The Flowers of Hell - Live At The Music Gallery
with the extended version of White Out lined up to follow :mrgreen:
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Speck Mountain homemade comp.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Ride - Seagull
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

jadams501 wrote:Ride - Seagull
What, on repeat?
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Mogwai: George Square Thatcher Death Party (Session Version) B-side of the San Pedro 7" and much superior to the take on the album in many ways.
Wooden Shjips: Sol 7"
Moon Duo: Scars/Flowers 7"
Moon Duo: Catch as Catch Can/Set It On Fire 7"

(One play per side before you ask Mark!)
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

runcible wrote:
jadams501 wrote:Ride - Seagull
What, on repeat?
No, I was actually listening to my FMSpaceman-inspired "Roots of Verve" playlist that I've mentioned here before, and since augmented.

Before Seagull it was Movin' On Up and Slip Inside This House by Primal Scream, and then Ride's Sennen.

This morning I was listening to the new Danger Mouse album "Rome," an excellent homage to 60s-70s Italian film music, which is a favorite genre of mine.
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

Don Cherry & Pharoah Sanders - where is brooklyn?
Archie Shepp - fire music
Eric Dolphy - out to lunch
Gas - nah und fern
Growing - color wheel

& bucket loads of J. Coltrane
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Oneida - Rated O

Giving this another try after being initially baffled by it. Enjoying it more this time round.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Stereo Total

The new Adam Curtis docu, plus typically brilliant soundtrack, has highlighted this band to me.

Also been hammering Two Lone Swordsmen recently.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

spunder wrote:Don Cherry & Pharoah Sanders - where is brooklyn?
Nice selection there Spunder... was the other names you mention similar stuff?
KingHarry wrote:...Also been hammering Two Lone Swordsmen recently.
Awesome stuff indeed! You heard that track called 'The Lurch'? Wild.
jadams501 wrote: This morning I was listening to the new Danger Mouse album "Rome," an excellent homage to 60s-70s Italian film music, which is a favorite genre of mine.
Goblin? Or other kinda stuff?

Me? As mentioned elsewhere, a Joy Division compilation called Permanent earlier tonight.
And Bob Dylan's Modern Times at the mo. Love this album.
O P 8
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

BzaInSpace wrote:

cheers. the other stuff is more drone / ambient / abstract stuff. my mum passed away fairly suddenly recently and the only stuff that is articulating how i feel is either wordless droney stuff or really crazy free jazz......walked to work with Ornette Coleman - free jazz on the old ipod....not as inaccessible as many had me believe.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

spunder wrote:
BzaInSpace wrote:

cheers. the other stuff is more drone / ambient / abstract stuff. my mum passed away fairly suddenly recently and the only stuff that is articulating how i feel is either wordless droney stuff or really crazy free jazz......walked to work with Ornette Coleman - free jazz on the old ipod....not as inaccessible as many had me believe.
Sorry to hear that news. Hope you get by OK with it all.

When my older bro died, 2 years ago this month, I found myself in a very similar state music wise. Just like you all I could listen to was jazz, free-form stuff, also got heavily into Sun Araw around that time. I think it's a case of just wanting to get lost in sound, let it envelope you and transport you elsewhere, no lyrics or melodies that make you think of human interaction and grounded emotions........if that makes sense. In a strange way, even though I was hurting bad at that point, I really enjoyed myself with that music. Ornette Coleman - Lonely Woman from the 'Shape Of Jazz To Come' album is a beauty.

Anyways, Woods - At Echo Lake has been a constant the past 2 days. Such a great record.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Live in London (triple vinyl)
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

KingHarry wrote:...Also been hammering Two Lone Swordsmen recently.
Awesome stuff indeed! You heard that track called 'The Lurch'? Wild.

That's the lp I've had on loop most of the week - From the Double Gone Chapel

The run of The Lurch -> Sex Beat -> Damp is boss.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

BzaInSpace wrote:
jadams501 wrote: This morning I was listening to the new Danger Mouse album "Rome," an excellent homage to 60s-70s Italian film music, which is a favorite genre of mine.
Goblin? Or other kinda stuff?

Me? As mentioned elsewhere, a Joy Division compilation called Permanent earlier tonight.
The new album is more Morricone than anything. I've got a few tracks by Goblin, but my own tastes run towards the loungier & jazzier side of Italian film music celebrated on the fantastic "Easy Tempo" series, with composers like Piero Umiliani and Riz Ortolani. The best of the genre has amazing textures, colors, and grooves rivaling the very best psychedelic music.

I'm a big fan of Dylan's Modern Times, and would say it was his best non-covers album since Infidels in 1983. My only beef is that the mastering was poorly done and gave a harshness to the sound that makes this album a casualty of the loudness wars. I'm hoping that someday it gets a proper reissue. If anyone has a vinyl transfer, I would much appreciate it!

Right now: Spacemen 3 -- O.D. Catastrophe
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

jadams: I could probably swing a Modern Times vinyl transfer if you'll do up a Morricone (and related artists) compilation for me.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

SPECTRUM - SANTA CLAUS
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

johnnyboy wrote: I think it's a case of just wanting to get lost in sound, let it envelope you and transport you elsewhere, no lyrics or melodies that make you think of human interaction and grounded emotions........if that makes sense. In a strange way, even though I was hurting bad at that point, I really enjoyed myself with that music.
^^^^^THIS......is quite correct ...i'm enjoying the exuberance and interaction and maelsrom of sound that those free jazzers are giving me....difficult music, but well worth the effort...it just keeps on giving. a bit like me mam > RIP.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Battles - Gloss Drop
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

donovan - mellow yellow
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Listening to Style Council alone in my room.

Where did it all go wrong?!?!?!?
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Love that album ,a modern Dylan classic ,sure I read an NME (yeah I know ,but it annoyed me ) blogger claiming Dylan hadn`t made a decent record in 35 yrs. f8ckin` idiot ,

anyway listening to a 22-20`s free download ep from last year ,and I keep coming back to their album ,great blues rock update ,surprised when I saw last year they had reactivated the band ,never understood why they called it a day a few years ago .
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Purling Hiss- Public Service Announcement LP.
Lo Fi noise-niks. I'm sure this record will get more and more interesting with repeated plays.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Alll things Superchunk,, such an underrated band yet consistently great albums :D
'Remember, change is not good'
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

Ennui - Formation of Tides

electronic, poppy shoegaze stuff with soul.
vocals kinda remind me of the warmth (i mean this as a compliment to both parties :D )
beautiful and melancholic. fans of engineers should check them out.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

niamhm wrote:
Love that album ,a modern Dylan classic ,sure I read an NME (yeah I know ,but it annoyed me ) blogger claiming Dylan hadn`t made a decent record in 35 yrs. f8ckin` idiot ,
Yeah a big problem is that music magazines have to sell newsstand copies to a consumer that on average isn't very musically informed or sophisticated, and you don't shift units by making people feel ignorant or intimidated. So the lists those magazines issue and the sensibility they appeal to inevitably are a very low common denominator.

When it comes to Dylan, I for one get sick and tired of the notion that he peaked in the 60s and was last relevant in 1975 except for a few times he's worked with Daniel Lanois. I love Street Legal and Budokan, the gems of the Christian years, the motley selection of quality tracks from his spotty albums in the 80s, the acoustic albums, and right on through to his modern stuff. Dylan has periods of producing more and fewer classic songs, but there are always great tracks. It takes digging to find them, but that should be what articles about prolific artists should be about. But since commercially it will never happen, it's good to have boards like this where actual music fans can make recommendations.

Right now: Skip James - Devil Got My Woman
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

BVCP206 wrote:Alll things Superchunk,, such an underrated band yet consistently great albums :D
here here!
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

jadams501 wrote:I love [Dylan @] Budokan
:shock:

listened to Super Heathen Child loud as fuck for the first time in months this morning
had to come back down do it all over again. even louder.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

jack white wrote:
jadams501 wrote:I love [Dylan @] Budokan
Dylan's music has always had the mix between the heartfelt and the shameless showmanship, and he's reflected so many different styles of American music, that I think it's completely appropriate that he had a lounge period. The arrangements are generally not the best versions of the songs, but there are some pretty interesting ones in there. I like I Want You, Don't Think Twice, All I Really Want To Do, and a bunch of others.

Right now: Spacemen 3 - Repeater
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Gnod Drop Out with White Hills
Soft Speaker-I'll Tend Your Garden
Boris-Heavy Rocks
The Green Pajamas-21st Century Seance
Moby Grape-Grape Jam
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

jadams501 wrote: When it comes to Dylan, I for one get sick and tired of the notion that he peaked in the 60s and was last relevant in 1975 except for a few times he's worked with Daniel Lanois.
I think Modern Times is okay but not a Dylan classic by any means. Workingmans Blues is superb, and I also really like Spirit on the Water, Nettie Moore and some others. it's a better record than anybody of his vintage should be making, but it's no Time Out Of Mind (which I think was his last classic). I do know what you mean about people making sweeping statements like that, but I have to admit even as a Dylan fan that broadly speaking it's true. in the 60's he was consistently producing great songs and albums while since he has only occasionally done that- that's why it was his peak.

I love Street Legal too, and lots of other stuff since then, and think that Dylan is still making often great music. but his records now are more fun and enjoyable than deep classics.

I had a long drive this weekend and listened to:

The Replacements- Tim
The Replacements- Let It Be
Bob Dylan- Blonde on Blonde
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Prince - Controversy
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

New Order - Movement
The Glands
Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill
The Cult - Love
Junior Murvin - various songs
Citay - Remixes
Hookworms
MMOSS
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

James T wrote:Prince - Controversy
= Special!

I love Modern Times mainly for 'Thunder on The Mountain' and especially for 'Rollin' & Tumblin' - it may be a loose cover/appropriation but Dylan's is best, and for me easily ranks with any of his best rockin' tunes. It maybe rocks a bit less - but definitely swings a bit more. Awesome tune.

Time Out Of Mind - I really love 'Highlands' and those long, leaning guitar notes that goes all the way thru. Don't know the rest of the album at all though, so I'll really have to give it another go. 'Highlands' grabbed me though.

Tonights journey home was made extra eventful by an absolutely bonkers and beautiful live mix from DJ Surgeon at the Glade Festival in 2006. Freaky heavy duty techno and dubbed out dnb insanity!

Chilling now to silence...
O P 8
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Time Out Of Mind gets my vote for best latter day Dylan record. Its pretty droney....for Dylan anyway.

Listening to New Order Get Ready. Pretty underrated imo.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah i think that may be why i love Time Out Of Mind so much, for Dylan it's is pretty droney and swampy. Highlands is actually one of my least favourites on there- it could do with a bit of editing

gave Modern Times a spin last night after reading this thread, it did sound pretty good and I do like the swing feel, its got a prewar ballroom kind of feel on some tracks :)
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Modern Times is my pick for the best latter-day Dylan album. There are great songs on Time Out of Mind, but I think the production has dated badly and that Daniel Lanois overdid the atmospherics to the point of sapping some of the album's energy and immediacy. I like a lot of the songs on Love & Theft, but it errs in the other direction and to me the production is harsh and flat. For me Modern Times not only has great songs but also nails the production, finding the perfect midpoint between the excesses of its predecessors to deliver an album that's both atmospheric and immediate.

Angelsighs - I agree with you that Dylan is not as consistent or prolific as he once was, but he had his share of clunkers (or at least weaker tracks) even in the 60s and 70s. It might be blasphemy, but Blonde on Blonde could have used some trimming. To be fair, so could Street Legal and it only had 9 songs!

Right now: Happy Mondays - Step On
Last edited by jadams501 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

jadams501 wrote: It might be blasphemy, but Blonde on Blonde could have used some trimming.

In my humble opinion 'Blonde' is perfect the way it is. But, Dylan has the power to really move me or bore me. 'Blonde' is a definite mover. Also, as with Neil Young, I haven't given his later works their fair dues.
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

redcloud wrote:
jadams501 wrote: It might be blasphemy, but Blonde on Blonde could have used some trimming.

In my humble opinion 'Blonde' is perfect the way it is.
nah, not perfect. He should have included She´s your lover now
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

1. Help Yourself-s/t
2. Help Yourself-'Strange Affair'
3. Help Yourself-'Beware The Shadow'

Obscure Welsh band that had wonderful sounding west coast acid guitars coupled with country-esque harmonies reminiscent of Neil Young/CSN and the Grateful Dead's 'American Beauty/Workingman's Dead' era. Tremendous stuff.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Spectrum- Highs,Lows And Heavenly Blows,first time in an age ,still brilliant ,
White Hills-Head On Fire ,outrageously dirty bass sound!!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The Coral-Butterfly House, gets better with every listen ,some beautiful understated psychedelia on this.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

a Fantastic 2-LP + [7" (clear vinyl-“The Aurora Mains Testers”)] set which I purchased in early 1983 (and recently “found again” misplaced in the [Classical, BOX SET, Czech. Section/33- Case11]!); Entitled "Your Secret's Safe with Us"; a Sampler on the Base Record Label 40139, 1982. This is an Italian pressing, of (surprisingly) excellent quality. For some reason I had placed it many years ago next to Janacek’s Opera “House of the Dead”. This Double-album includes: Pulp (“What do you say?”), The I Scream Brothers, The Chameleons, The Unamerican, Thrash, The Vets, Soul on Ice, Sepp Maiers Gloves, Height, Indians in Moscow, Sun Yama, Fast Cakes, Sun Ya, Blue Chips of Asama, Pressure, Gentle Ihor, and Celestial Fireworks. A great ‘Snapshot in Sound’ of the music ‘around the edges’ in 1982.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

The Fall - Ride Away

Great blog by Michael Shields - listening to a Fall song each day and reviewing it.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Fantastic blog. Fantastical band.

http://britishpeopleinhotweather.blogspot.com/
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Elvis - Live at Madison Square Garden 1972
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

The Things - Colored Heaven
Perplexa - Gone Beyond
The Tyde - Once
Gnod - Science and Industry
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

runcible wrote: Perplexa - Gone Beyond
I'm still astonished by how good that album is. I tracked down 3 other CDs by them, Sun and Moon and Everything Getting it On, This Glorious Forward and one I think is simply called Perplexa, which is really nicely packaged. The older material is more guitar driven, but of equally high quality. Best "new" band discovery I've made for a couple of years.

On topic:

The Heads: Sessions II
The Heads&Big Naturals/Mugstar/Carlton Melton/Koolaid: I'm So Convoluted (RSD release - finally tracked it down).
Stereolab: Emperor Tomato Ketchup and Switched On
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

It was beautiful, sunny and 82 degrees here today. I was working up on our roof most of the day cleaning the heavy moss off that is so common in this rain soaked part of the country. I just poured myself a second glass of Churchill's ten year old Tawny Port and have been (am) listening to these fine albums this evening:

1. Kooper Session: 'Al Kopper introduces Shuggie Otis'. Earlier in this thread we debated the Shuggie Otis solo album. No debate on this one. This is a brilliant LP (especially side one). Every bit as good as the Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills record.

2. Neil Young-1st LP. "Last Trip to Tulsa" nails me everytime.

3. Crow by Crow. Early 70's ballsy, bluesy, soulful, hard rock biker band. Famous for "Evil Woman"

4. Jeff Beck-'Truth'. Rod and Jeff rocking their asses off.

5. Jefferson Airplane-'Takes Off'. Signe Anderson and Marty Balin singing love songs before Grace joined and Signe exited.

Sorry, all oldies (but goodies). 8)
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

redcloud wrote:Jeff Beck-'Truth'. Rod and Jeff rocking their asses off.
fucking great record, not listened to this for years, will slap it on tonight
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Help Yourself - 1st album
Help Yourself - Strange Affair
Help Yourself - Beware of the Shadow
Fede77
Known user

Post by Fede77 »

Now I'm listening Heartworm of Whipping Boy!! (1995)

I forgot to have it.......I saw it when I was cleaning my room...It's blu vinil....fantastic!!! I can't remove it from the stereo!

I think that if they got out with this album now they reached more success instead 15 years ago...
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Wow, weird! I remember Whipping Boy. I had (still have?) a promo copy of the album in a generic white cardboard sleeve (never saw an official copy anywhere). I remember liking it a lot at the time. Any chance you could send me a download link of it?
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

runcible wrote:Help Yourself - 1st album

:D
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

redcloud wrote:
runcible wrote:Help Yourself - 1st album

:D
Yeah - cheers for that pointer, dude! Very enjoyable!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Screamadelica Remaster CD. Sounds a touch clearer. Am I missing something?
Early Years- Whatever happened to them?
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

redcloud wrote: 1. Kooper Session: 'Al Kopper introduces Shuggie Otis'. Earlier in this thread we debated the Shuggie Otis solo album. No debate on this one. This is a brilliant LP (especially side one). Every bit as good as the Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills record.
Funny that you mention this. I have a copy of this album that I've never paid much attention to, but I just picked up "The Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper" primarily out of curiosity about "Her Holy Modal Highness," since I'm a big fan of "His Holy Modal Majesty." I've only listened to the version of the 59th Street Song (Feelin' Groovy) so far and was underwhelmed tbh. There's a certain 60s strain of middling white singers trying too hard to sound like Sam & Dave -- Delaney & Bonnie are probably the worst offenders in this category but there's a whiff of it about that song too. Eventually I'll listen to more of the album though, and also get to the Kooper/Otis album you mention.

Spacemen 3 - Take Me To The Other Side
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

jadams501 wrote:
redcloud wrote: 1. Kooper Session: 'Al Kopper introduces Shuggie Otis'. Earlier in this thread we debated the Shuggie Otis solo album. No debate on this one. This is a brilliant LP (especially side one). Every bit as good as the Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills record.
Funny that you mention this. I have a copy of this album that I've never paid much attention to, but I just picked up "The Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper" primarily out of curiosity about "Her Holy Modal Highness," since I'm a big fan of "His Holy Modal Majesty." I've only listened to the version of the 59th Street Song (Feelin' Groovy) so far and was underwhelmed tbh. There's a certain 60s strain of middling white singers trying too hard to sound like Sam & Dave -- Delaney & Bonnie are probably the worst offenders in this category but there's a whiff of it about that song too. Eventually I'll listen to more of the album though, and also get to the Kooper/Otis album you mention.
jadams501....make no mistake that the 'Live Adventures' album is not nor should it be compared to the 'Super Session' LP. The 'Super Session' LP was late night improv amongst friends who happened to be in a city at the same time and had two days of time booked out at a recording studio. They jammed, drank, jammed some more, smoked, laughed, drank and smoked more and continued to jam. Eventually they realized something good was going down and hit record. Bloomfield though never showed for the second day of recording and Kooper quickly brought in Stephen Stills to finish the album. The late night jamming quality is very evident on the record as the over dubs and retakes on the 'Super Session were kept to a bare minimum (the horns were the main ingredient that Kooper added later).

The 'Live Adventures' was an idea that Kooper had to capitalize on the success of the 'Super Session' LP. There were technical problems during the nights (captured on the LP in 'Dear Mr. Fantasy'), Bloomfield got sick and was hospitalized and couldn't finish the gigs. Elvin Bishop, Carlos Santana and Steve Miller all eventually came to the rescue and laid down some tasty guitar but, there was very little rehearsal. The guys got up and just jammed. So, what you are hearing is pretty raw and certainly more so than what was captured on the 'Super Session' record.

I actually like the 'Live Adventures' LP for its honesty and for what it is - a snapshot of the three shows that went down those nights. But, it's nowhere near in the same caliber as 'Super Session'. For one, they didn't play 'Stop' and if they did Columbia Records sadly omitted it off the album! :cry:

Side one of the Kooper Session w/ Shuggie are really, really good songs. Side two is essentially just rambling blues jams. Shuggie was only 16 as well, which is impressive on its own merit.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

pretty much all of the new, unreleased stuff that's up on the warlocks bandcamp page. very nice- http://thewarlocks.bandcamp.com/album/e ... ased-vol-1
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The Band- Music From Big Pink
great bonus tracks. why didn't the lovely Katie's Been Gone make the album?
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

angelsighs wrote:The Band- Music From Big Pink
Good question. That and If I Lose are two of my favorite Band songs, and I'd put them ahead of 80% of what made their albums, which are pretty inconsistent in my view. Sometimes artists are poor judges of their own material. I've been listening to Elvis outtakes from the 1970s and most of the alternate takes are better than what made the albums!
redcloud wrote:I actually like the 'Live Adventures' LP for its honesty and for what it is - a snapshot of the three shows that went down those nights. But, it's nowhere near in the same caliber as 'Super Session'. For one, they didn't play 'Stop' and if they did Columbia Records sadly omitted it off the album! :cry:

Side one of the Kooper Session w/ Shuggie are really, really good songs. Side two is essentially just rambling blues jams. Shuggie was only 16 as well, which is impressive on its own merit.
I'll give the Live Adventures another shot and check out the Kooper/Shuggie album again. I like rambling blues jams, particularly when Al Kooper is on keys!

Right now: Spiritualized - The Slide Song. One of my all time J. Spaceman favorites.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

jadams501 wrote:
angelsighs wrote:The Band- Music From Big Pink
Good question. That and If I Lose are two of my favorite Band songs, and I'd put them ahead of 80% of what made their albums, which are pretty inconsistent in my view. Sometimes artists are poor judges of their own material.
checked the sleeve notes last night and they said they left it off cause they thought it was similar to Lonesome Suzie. Katie is much better I reckon! If I Lose is a great bit of country too but apparantly was nothing more than a warmup in the stuido. I agree that the Bands albums are a bit inconsistent, their peaks are brilliant but some tracks are rather average
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

EAR - Transistor Music for Ring Modulators and Tremolo
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Those first two Band LPs are masterpieces imho.
Badfinger- Straight Up playing right now.