More Ebay madness

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

runcible
Site Admin

More Ebay madness

Post by runcible »

What planet do these people come from?!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-SPACE ... 415cb16f56
Shinesalight
Known user

Re: More Ebay madness

Post by Shinesalight »

Do you think he's put the decimal point or just a greedy chancer? :roll:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

He's a greedy chancer. Plus, as he's from East Brunswick in Melbourne he's likely to be a soap dodger, so I wouldn't want it even if the decimal point was in a different spot.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I sold one of those shirts last year for about £60. Collectable they might be but this seller is a loon.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Ha ha haaaa... that's pure mental!

You could make your own one for approx $8 if you so wished...
O P 8
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

All the SP3 shirts I had back in the day were crap. Had 2 "For all the Fucked-Up Children..." ones and the long sleeve of that one. Faded, lost their shape after a couple of washes. Amazed that one has survived as well as it has TBH.

£400 odd though? Bloke's a complete clownshoe.
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

I wish I had hung on to mine. :(
Last edited by nickh on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

I had a brilliant one. White with the red/green swirls behind the logo. Bought it in Rugby stopping off on a canal boat holiday when I was 17/18. That same week Spectrum were in session on Mark Radcliffe and I taped it having to hold the aerial to get a decent signal. The DJ chattered all over Revolution just as it got going.
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

ononist wrote:I had a brilliant one. White with the red/green swirls behind the logo. Bought it in Rugby stopping off on a canal boat holiday when I was 17/18. That same week Spectrum were in session on Mark Radcliffe and I taped it having to hold the aerial to get a decent signal. The DJ chattered all over Revolution just as it got going.
That was the one I had, I got mine at the Notre Dame Hall gig.

Those t-shirts were everywhere in 88/89. I remember asking my friend who I used to go to gigs with who Spacemen 3 were and he told me they were as boring as shit and to avoid them, good job I ignored him.

I have told this story before but I saw Sonic Youth at the National Ballroom in 89 and Thurston Moore said there are 6 Spacemen 3 t-shirts in the front row and quite a cheer going up. I also saw Kraftwerk at Brixton in 1991 and there were a few being worn that evening.

I really wish I had kept mine now.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

i had a recurring one - quite horrific tbh - long sleeved, with Spacemen 3 written down each arm. May even have had a hood?!
throb
Known user

Post by throb »

I've always had a slight hankering for one of those yellow numbers with the pink pyramind/eye thingummy on the front - I think it was also a dreamweapon cover? Not never seen one to buy though...although I haven't looked that hard!
SPZ outpatients - forum radio on LAST.FM
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

throb wrote:I've always had a slight hankering for one of those yellow numbers with the pink pyramind/eye thingummy on the front - I think it was also a dreamweapon cover? Not never seen one to buy though...although I haven't looked that hard!
That's the only one I've still got. There was one on ebay a few weeks back and if you do a bit of digging you are likely to be able to get one. There was someone on ebay a while back who had done a run of a stack of the classic shirts with or without back-print, in variety of colours rather than the typically obligatory black.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I, too had one of those baby blue " For All the Fucked ... " w/ writing on both sides ( front and back ) and the material was sooo thin that I later sold for a pretty sum on eBay. Don't regret it tho', got a couple of stares when I wore it about town ...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

KingHarry wrote:
throb wrote:I've always had a slight hankering for one of those yellow numbers with the pink pyramind/eye thingummy on the front - I think it was also a dreamweapon cover? Not never seen one to buy though...although I haven't looked that hard!
That's the only one I've still got. There was one on ebay a few weeks back and if you do a bit of digging you are likely to be able to get one. There was someone on ebay a while back who had done a run of a stack of the classic shirts with or without back-print, in variety of colours rather than the typically obligatory black.
think I bought one of those a while back ,navy blue with the writing on the back ,only worn on special occasions weddings and funerals and the like ,so still in pretty good nick :)
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

niamhm wrote:
KingHarry wrote:
think I bought one of those a while back ,navy blue with the writing on the back ,only worn on special occasions weddings and funerals and the like ,so still in pretty good nick :)
That's the ticket. Works well at parents evenings, job interviews and the like.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

dreamweaponry72
Known user

Post by dreamweaponry72 »

I was wondering how much people are willing to pay for good spacemen vinyl. I have seen some on ebay today, a mint copy of dreamweapon on fierce and a mint copy of TDTMMTTDT on father yod. Very tempting but not sure what they'd be worth.
dreamweaponry72
Known user

Any idea would help? I dont want to pay too much.
eelnekwah
Known user

Post by eelnekwah »

If you point your browser over to discogs.com you'll see how much other people are selling vinyl (and cds) for.It seems both albums you seek are going for a starting price of £39.
At the end of the days I suppose its how much you want them that'll be the deciding factor.
Good luck
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

£140 for Dreamweapon reissue is insane. I got an original copy signed by Sonic and Jason for much less than that last week.
dreamweaponry72
Known user

£140 for the reissue?! £20 start and 80 buy it now for a mint original is definitely a bargain then? I think I'll go for it.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

£102 for Tshirt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300611129023? ... 1435.l2649

Nice item, I did bid, but got left behind.

About time someone did a run of Tshirts - some of the classic designs, would mop up.
callthedoctor
New user

Post by callthedoctor »

Doesn't look like those vinyl are going to sell, its very tempting to try for both but I think having two of each might be pushing it a bit with the missus.
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

Any idea would help? I dont want to pay too much.
try popspike dot com for details of prices paid in recent auctions.
Always keep me busy.
Heavy Tourism
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

here is the popspike link for a Spacemen 3 search

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch. ... =&currsel=
Heavy Tourism
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I've got a signed copy of the Taking Drugs vinyl at home. I've been tempted to put it up for sale a couple of times but then dropped the idea. Not sure what kind of money it'd go for and I'd be worried about some lucky sod winning it too cheap on ebay.
fullmetalpants
New user

Post by fullmetalpants »

runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

fullmetalpants wrote:I hope this is a typo...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-CD-Revolu ... 483b969dd0
Hilarious!
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

I'm partial to a little memorabilia myself but god knows what these mugs will end up at, £46 for the three of them at the moment...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370589186768? ... 1438.l2649
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

And the reserve hasn't been met? Man I thought I was a sad git for paying collector's prices on shit but that's madness.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

KingHarry wrote:
niamhm wrote:
KingHarry wrote:
That's the ticket. Works well at parents evenings, job interviews and the like.
I wore one of the recent run in court by mistake...needless to say when I was on my way out they read the back, and hauled my skinny ass back in for a proper telling off. I'll not make that mistake again :oops:
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

And here's more lunacy:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPACEMEN-3-PL ... 564900902e

This shop is Leeds only collectors place and it's consistently poor. Classic aloof staff who look down their noses at you....
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Saw that yesterday Mark... it is nice tho!

Also just been directed to see this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEADS-QUAD-7- ... 2c637d6910
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

That Heads 7" is very rare indeed so that's not a bad price. You don't see the Rizla pack too often.
Supervim
Known user

Post by Supervim »

Relics has had that poster up for years - its not all that bad but I refuse to even consider purchasing it because of my dealing with the staff. The blonde haired guy its decent but the other guy is one obnoxious twat and he's slowly turning into an Orc
Supervim
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Supervim wrote:Relics has had that poster up for years - its not all that bad but I refuse to even consider purchasing it because of my dealing with the staff.
You mean price wise? Man I must have had 50 of those posters in my time. Might even still have a spare somewhere. No way is it worth more than about £50. When I asked them they said 'well the frame was expensive'. Doh.
Supervim
Known user

Post by Supervim »

Nope - just a comment on the staff. Seen the poster elsehere agree its not worth the money. The one guy in there in particular is a proper tool. If you're ever bored ring them up and ask him to check for specific pieces of vinyl downstairs.
Supervim
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I gave up on Relic a while back. They told me they had an incredible Spacemen collection and for a few months I kept asking them if I could see it but they never got round to going through it. I called in, rang and emailed them for about 6 months and they always said the same thing despite me saying if they had anything I didn't have I would 100% buy it. Gave up in the end. I'm amazed that place is still open - they're hopeless.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

MattBenn wrote:I hate Relic. So overpriced, and the guys that work there speak to you like you've never been in a record shop before.
:lol: Ha! Yes indeed - that sums it up! They love that gold US Tour '89 poster though!

They once produced one of those Sonic Boom 'Spectrum' promo puzzles when I asked about rare stuff but wouldn't let me touch it and then got all moody when I said I already had one.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

What is this "Sonic Boom 'Spectrum' promo puzzles " that you speak of?

UPDATE - Just found a picture on the web. I can't believe i have never ever seen one of these before. Whats more astonishing is that i have never READ anything which has mentioned this before. Ever.

Nice item though... will have to keep my eyes peeled for one...
Last edited by Laz69 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Laz69 wrote:What is this "Sonic Boom 'Spectrum' promo puzzles " that you speak of?

UPDATE - Just found a picture on the web. I can't believe i have never ever seen one of these before. Whats more astonishing is that i have never READ anything which has mentioned this before. Ever.

Nice item though... will have to keep my eyes peeled for one...
Very rare indeed - maybe 30 made. There is also, if you can believe it, a Sonic Boom 'Spectrum' kaleidoscope - fairly basic with a simple lettraset but also maybe 30 produced. Also someone gave Pete some love beads she had made and he decided to sell them as promo items when he was on tour. So there are also official Sonic Boom and Spectrum love beads! See piccie...
Attachments
Spectrum1.JPG
Spectrum1.JPG (48.54 KiB) Viewed 17116 times
bbbhenko
Known user

Post by bbbhenko »

wow, a kaleidoscope!? :D coolest merch ever!! :)
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

aw man... what i wouldn't give for all that! Brilliant merch!

:D 8) 8)
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I had a Stereolab puzzle very similar at one point but flogged it.

There is also a Spacemen 3 Euro Tour 88 programme that's really cool. Comes in a clear orange plastic sleeve with a press kit and folded posters for WWJ and TR. They made less than 50, took it on tour and sold about 3. So PK took them all home, slightly put out at the lack of interest, thinking one day they'll be valuable. Never seen one for sale though.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

The "3 f's" in his "soffft" description of cotton adds up to silliness and Worse.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I heard about that! Is it yours? Where the hell did you find it? I have a PK methadone prescription bottle somewhere - that's a tad unusual!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

A kaliedoscope apparently.

Pete just confirmed that there were very few of these initially and all are long gone including all those Euro tour things too.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Laz69 wrote:A kaliedoscope apparently.

Pete just confirmed that there were very few of these initially and all are long gone including all those Euro tour things too.
Yup. It's exceptionally basic. A cheap cardboard kaleidoscope tube with the lettering added by Letraset transfer on the side. You have to be careful not to rub off the lettering! Kind of home made, except it was an official promo item and only a handful were produced. I actually sold some years ago and even had the flimsy packaging box they came in but that fell to bits. The puzzle is cooler as that's printed properly.
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

I have a kaleidoscope bought from Runcible I think. The doll above is obviously garbage as Sonic is NOT wearing mocassins. For shame.
Drussell622+
Known user

Post by Drussell622+ »

The doll is kind of cool but moccasins would make it awesome. The kaleidoscope and puzzle are amazing. Anyone remember any other merchandise worth mentioning? I quite like the Spiritualized lighters and candles.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

olan
Known user

Post by olan »

19 records for £250. That seems like a decent price assuming the condition is OK as it works out to less than £15 a record. Some of the records on that list go for £35 or more on a regular basis.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

olan wrote:
19 records for £250. That seems like a decent price assuming the condition is OK as it works out to less than £15 a record. Some of the records on that list go for £35 or more on a regular basis.
Yep, totally agree Olan. I think that's a bargain. I've seen the first two Glass 12"s and Dreamweapon go for £50-60. And you could sell the duplicates again and recoup some of the cost.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Broc wrote:
olan wrote:
Yep, totally agree Olan. I think that's a bargain. I've seen the first two Glass 12"s and Dreamweapon go for £50-60. And you could sell the duplicates again and recoup some of the cost.
That is pretty much what I planned to do. The trip from Australia to the UK damaged some of my vinyl, and the insurance claim just paid out. This little haul replaces some damaged records and sleeves and leaves me with a few quid left over. I shall try to invest that carefully too!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Did you buy this lot then Olan? It got way out of my price range but I reckon it's still a bargain.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote:Did you buy this lot then Olan? It got way out of my price range but I reckon it's still a bargain.
Yes, I bought it. I need to replace some of my LPs as they were wrecked in shipping. I had insurance money arrive after a six month wrangle over whose fault it was (not mine as we employed "professional" packers) and the value of the items damaged (LPs, books and some artwork). Moving house is a pain, but moving countries is a unique sort of agony......e :cry:
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Forgot to bid on this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPIRITUALIZED ... 337a261cc7

Very, very sad now.....

£42 :(
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

Bet the seller is too, £42 and 2 bids, these used to go for £100+ a couple of years back...

Post by Broc »

Thought this would have sold for more than £53 seeing as it has a fair amount of liquid left..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... true&rt=nc
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Broc wrote:Thought this would have sold for more than £53 seeing as it has a fair amount of liquid left..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... true&rt=nc
Me again, I'm afraid. It was relisted after no takers for BIN at £65. My copy had more or less dried out, but was then comprehensively destroyed by my removalists, so I'm spending insurance money. I've bought from 3space before and the seller is always very reliable and honest in describing the vinyl. Hopefully the bloody thing won't burst in the mail.....
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

olan wrote:
Me again, I'm afraid. It was relisted after no takers for BIN at £65. My copy had more or less dried out, but was then comprehensively destroyed by my removalists, so I'm spending insurance money. I've bought from 3space before and the seller is always very reliable and honest in describing the vinyl. Hopefully the bloody thing won't burst in the mail.....
Heh heh. Well it's good to see it go to where it'll be loved. That one was in the best condition I've seen for a few years and you got it for a great price. You're on a good streak replacing the S3 vinyl at the moment. Yeah yer man 3space seems to have an endless supply of rare S3/Spectrum records and memorabilia, think he's mates with or knew Sonic once.

I would have been all over this a while ago but I've been splurging on reasonably expensive LPs as of late. I'm happy with my original black vinyl copy I picked up in Vancouver in 93 at the moment. Enjoy it!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

And there was me thinking that price was a bit steep?! :shock:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

haha... there was me feeling guilty about getting my entire Xmas party outfit for £25 from eBay... :lol: