Post by Guessed »

Bought that Biutiful tonight

will watch it when not as imebriated/jet-lagged
Guessed
Known user

Re: The Spiritualized Film Club

Post by Guessed »

Biutiful was almost as painful as The Road

Another foriegn one called The Prophet was watched a few Sundays ago. I enjoyed it.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I watched The Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner a few night back and it was absolutely incredible. Just looked it up and it was #61 on the BFI Top 100 British films of all time.

Bleak, emotion, and badly-dubbed - you have to love classic British cinema.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

Guessed wrote:
Another foriegn one called The Prophet was watched a few Sundays ago. I enjoyed it.
that is a very good film. i'm watching secret window at the moment, based on a king short story. it seems pretty obvious what is happening (formulatic king) but i have a soft spot for the man since childhood and it's staring mr depp so :wink:
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Cheapster
Known user

Post by Cheapster »

bunnyben wrote:i'm watching secret window at the moment, based on a king short story. it seems pretty obvious what is happening (formulatic king) but i have a soft spot for the man since childhood and it's staring mr depp so :wink:
I love Secret Window. You're right, the plot it is pretty obvious, but you can't go wrong with Johnny Depp shlepping about in a dressing gown for most of the movie. :wink: And John Turturro is great as usual.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

just saw x men first class. interesting as a historical document (how they met etc) but as a film dull, dull, dull, dreadfully dull. disapointing
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Recent:

The Hangover 2 - IMHO, immature pish... really don't see what all the fuss is about...
Hanna - hugely enjoyable
Tucker & Dale Vs Evil - hilariously funny... sore laughing by the end

Pending:
13 Warriors (japanese cinematic epic)
Kill The Irishman (snatch-esque thriller based on a true story...)
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

the first star trek film 'look captian a big electrical cloud' two hours later, wow it's an old probe. fasinating the films got much better, thankfully, after that
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I watched Going the Distance last night because it was on right when I sat down to eat. Thought it was a cheesy, lovey-dovey story until the end. Might be the worst film ending I've ever witnessed. It ruined the entire film. I'm pretty sure whoever wrote it has never been in a long distance relationship and frankly doesn't understand them. Holy crap.

Don't watch it.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

bunnyben wrote:the first star trek film 'look captian a big electrical cloud' two hours later, wow it's an old probe. fasinating the films got much better, thankfully, after that
"...it's a fact, sure as day follows night, sure as eggs is eggs, sure as every odd-numbered Star Trek movie is shit."
:lol:
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

moop wrote:
bunnyben wrote:the first star trek film 'look captian a big electrical cloud' two hours later, wow it's an old probe. fasinating the films got much better, thankfully, after that
"...it's a fact, sure as day follows night, sure as eggs is eggs, sure as every odd-numbered Star Trek movie is shit."
:lol:
i like search for spock :oops:
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Went to see The Guard a couple of days ago. Brendan Gleeson plays a cop in the west of Ireland and Don Cheadle is an FBI Agent sent over to foil a massive drugs shipment. Very funny, if you liked In Bruges you'll probably enjoy this.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

'Another Year'

Very good, indeed. Leslie Manville was brilliant.
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

redcloud wrote:'Another Year'

Very good, indeed. Leslie Manville was brilliant.

It's a very good film. Peter Wight and Imelda Staunton also show great performances.
However Mike Leigh is a genius at "awkward situations" and "embarrassing moments". So when I saw this film last year, I got a big stomachache. :oops:

Last Sunday I saw one of my faves ever, Looking for Eric. I know its ending is too happy for Ken Loach film. But that's what I love about this film.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

i'm watching alias season one. it's quite fun if dumb (i can't help thinking if i see through their plans why can't these fully trained pros?) but even the dull bits have an acress who looks hot in every guise she wears. :D :wink: 8)
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

'Horrible Bosses'

Very, very funny. Haven't laughed that much seeing a film in a long time. I'll tell you what though...if my dentist looked anything like Jennifer Aniston does in the film I would be much more inclined to go on a regular basis! Instead what do I get? An old guy whose hands are the size of King Kong. He's a nice a gentleman though and we often talk about football while my mouth is numb. :roll:
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Watched Dumb And Dumber with my 8 yr. old daughter last night ,she seemed to think it was hilarious (not really surprising ) and insisted on rewinding her fav. bits which made it last around 2 1/2 hrs. :)

me I rented True Grit to watch this weekend ,big Coen bros. fan saw looking forward to that.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Dumb and Dumber is a classic, in my opinion. There are so many funny quotes in that film.

"I'm talking about a place where the beer flows like wine ... I'm talking about a little place calllllled ... Assssspen."

"Take these extra gloves, my hands are getting sweaty."
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Saw the latest Harry Potter at the weekend with my girlfriend and her 12 year old daughter. Pretty good. I've enjoyed all the films but wouldn't class myself as a fan whereas the other two are massive fans having read all the books repeatedly, they thought this one was the best film of the lot alongside Prisoner Of Azkaban.

With the smallie packed off to her cousin's house for the night we went home and watched Battle Royale, a japanese flick about schoolkids put on an island who have to kill each other off, last one alive gets set free. I felt my "grumpy old man" side coming to the fore in agreement with some of the punishment dished out at the beginning! :lol:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

sunray wrote:With the smallie packed off to her cousin's house for the night we went home and watched Battle Royale, a japanese flick about schoolkids put on an island who have to kill each other off, last one alive gets set free. I felt my "grumpy old man" side coming to the fore in agreement with some of the punishment dished out at the beginning! :lol:
One of my favourite films of all time... epic violence and japanese schoolgirls in uniform... whats not to like! :lol: Sequel is good, but not as good as the first.

Favourite scene is the stand off in the light house...

Horror movie action for me:

Haute Tension
Cold Prey
Cold Prey 2
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Cinema twice this week with the kids ,Horrid Henry and Cars 2 ,HH did my head in but Cars 2 was okay ,my son was a massive fan off the first one but he`s a bit older now and enjoyed the movie but I may get away with being hassled for all the new merch. thank f8ck they seemed to have came up with around 20 new characters!!

saw the final part in the Millenium Trilogy ,The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest, quiet good but film wasn`t as good as the first part which I think was made by a different dir. to the 2nd and 3rd part ,looking forward to the the remake of the first part ,english vers. this Xmas ,

and last night stayed up later than intended when I got sucked into One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest ,great movie ,classic.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I got around to watching Downfall at last. Amazing and heavy stuff, didn't leave me feeling pretty cheery at the end though, predictably enough. Quite an intense film though, and it plays with your emotions (primarily sympathy) to somewhat unsettling effect.

Got around that by a blast of Terminator: Salvation - sure, more apocalyptic madness, but with the enhanced entertainment power of killer robots and fucking big explosions. :wink:
O P 8
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

norwegian wood. watched half and so far so dull though the diagetic music is beautiful :)
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Went and saw this at a local cinema last night:

Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G_OdTgsu40

I have always felt that Wolfe's 'Electric Kool Aid Acid Test' should be required reading for senior American literature classes (or at least freshman college). The footage of the Pranksters has always been legendary but few have ever seen it until now. Apparently the producers combed through 40+ hours of footage shot by Kesey and Cassady and others to present their story. For anybody interested in the Merry Pranksters bus journey this film is well worth seeing.

Carolyn Garcia ("Mountain Girl") attended the show last night and did a Q&A with the audience afterwards. As Oregon is Kesey territory this film's release is being celebrated here in Portland and down in Eugene where "Further" still sits in nearby Veneta (home to Kesey and some far out acid parties, the legendary Grateful Dead show in the summer of '72 and the wonderful Oregon Country Fair).
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

My wife and I watched this last night:

Yet another very good character movie of working class life set in a rough east London tower block. It's probably Mike Leigh's darkest film since 'Naked'.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

saw goddard's 'film solicalisme' at the cinema- the film went from brilliant to tedious and visa versa in a matter of seconds, still worth watching though
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

films saw this week ,Assault On Precinct 13(remake) which was okay,The Other Guys which I thought was hilarious ,sucker for Will Ferrel and Taken with Liam Neeson which was terrible one of the worst films I`ve ever saw ,what the f8ck Neeson was thinking ,god only knows,
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Just watched Animal Kingdom, superb Australian Gangster flick with Guy Pearce, cranks it up right to the final scene :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Saw Kill list at the cinema a week or so...one of the most frightening films I've ever seen. Very disturbing indeed:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqkqF--v1tg

While, back at home, Mrs Shines and I are ploughing through the original Danish version of the Killing. Absolutely loving it and I totally recommend it to all on here.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Shinesalight wrote:Saw Kill list at the cinema a week or so...one of the most frightening films I've ever seen. Very disturbing indeed:-
That looks a most interesting film. I loved Dead Man's Shoes which it gets compared to. Deffo one for my list and ta for recommendation.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Shinesalight wrote:Saw Kill list at the cinema a week or so...one of the most frightening films I've ever seen. Very disturbing indeed:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqkqF--v1tg

While, back at home, Mrs Shines and I are ploughing through the original Danish version of the Killing. Absolutely loving it and I totally recommend it to all on here.
Yeah myself and Broc-ette finished this (The Killing) a few months ago, excellent stuff. I heard there was an American re-make but I always avoid those like the plague as they're usually much inferior.

Currently watching the French series Spiral. Not half as good and am struggling to retain an intetest. There are a few really cringey pretentious exchanges that I find a real turn-off.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

rewatched cadillac records- the story of chess records with muddy waters, little walter, howlin' wolf, etta james, willie dixon etc. i love this film. very well acted. highly recomended
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

Sadly I missed Ken Loach retrospective at BFI in London, but could catch a series of new Brit films

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Weird (Hardy with a blond wig) Old (Oldman, you know, he is really old!) Boring (Firth and Strong) for me. Cumberbatch and Hurt were good as always, though. Badly jet lugged, was half asleep through the end. The thing is….just getting back a wife? I don’t know.

Tyrannosaur
Lots of pain. But a really gripping story, powerful performances from the two leads, Olivia Colman and Peter Mullan (I really love him!) . Paddy Considine has proved his talent for writing as much as on Dead Man’s Shoes. A great film.

Weekend
A modern-day “Brief Encounter” between two men. A really beautiful piece of work. I'm sure it's gonna be one of my best films ever.

And also smuggled some DVDs from my London trip.
Treacle Jr.
Track 29 (it’s a weird film by Nicolas Roeg and one of my favorites. Oldman is really edgy and “young” here.)
Cinema16 European Short Films
A Room For Romeo Brass
Small Time / Where’s the Money Ronnie! - Two films by Shane Meadows
This Is England '86 - TV series

Now back in Tokyo
Blitz
Not sooooooo bad as reviewed, I think. Just watching Gillen, Considine, Morrissey and Rylance in this one film is a great treat for me.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Just took the kids to see Tintin and I really enjoyed it too.

The other thing which totally blew my mind recently was the first episode of the BBC's Frozen Planet series. Truly incredible in every way and the shots under the thick ice were really psychedelic, and the stuff with the Killer Whales tipping over ice to catch the seals trying to hide on top was quite extraordinary. You have to hand it to the Beeb for their wildlife and nature programmes - there is nothing to touch them in this area.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

runcible wrote:Just took the kids to see Tintin and I really enjoyed it too.
Saw this on Monday night and it totally impressed me. The animation is superb and i loved how they managed to capture the essence of the books brilliantly... only downside? Having to wait to see if they make another!

Go see it!
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

Mesrine pt1 & 2 this evening...unless i go out

"the gin" made me fall asleep half way through pt1 last night

Cassell is a man who can handle a moustache
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Finally went to see DRIVE at the flicks last week. Loved it.

Sat in and watched the new-ish Will Ferrell film Everything Must Go (is it called that?? That's a Manics album.....) which was pretty good. Quite odd watching a film about a man losing it all whilst being a man myself who is also losing it all......minus the constant cans of beer and living on my front lawn.......and without the job loss. Not much like me at all really but hey. It was good. i liked it.

Off home to watch that George Harrison doc that was on BBC2 over the weekend.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

rewatched 12 monkeys. what good film that is
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

We watched 'The End' - gritty real gangsters from the East End describing their grisly lives. Pretty horrifying but compelling at the same time.

We also saw the first part of the George Harrison doc which was excellent. Part 2 is taped.

Finally that programme about the making of Bridge Over Troubled Water which was absolutely superb - did anyone else watch that? Just fascinating. Mind you how Art Garfunkel - who once had the voice of an angel - has ended up sounding like Tom Waits is a tad weird!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Was that George Harrison doc good then Runci? Was busy all weekend so missed it... trying to free up some time this week to watch it on the i-Player.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Shinesalight wrote:Was that George Harrison doc good then Runci? Was busy all weekend so missed it... trying to free up some time this week to watch it on the i-Player.
Recommended! That's just part 1. Not got to part 2 yet...
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

runcible wrote:
Shinesalight wrote:Was that George Harrison doc good then Runci? Was busy all weekend so missed it... trying to free up some time this week to watch it on the i-Player.
Recommended! That's just part 1. Not got to part 2 yet...

If you are talking about Living in the Material World, it's very good and 2nd that.

Mark
Design.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

o brother where art thou? :wink:
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Re: the George Harrison Documentary. I really enjoyed the first part, I suppose mainly because it was all about the Beatles, great footage, great songs, them looking cool, nice imagery and what not. The second part not so much though it was interesting to hear about his wide range of friends (Jackie Stewart, Eric Idle) and his continued search for enlightenment. I've not got any of his solo work and must admit it didn't make me want to rush out and by some. I know a few tracks but that's about it.

Something I picked up on though was a reluctance to delve into his darker side which was alluded to by Klaus Voorman and his mention of George taking a step back, into harder drugs, cocaine was hinted at. Would've been interesting knowing how heavily he got into it all and how it affected him especially when he was painted as being really mystical and at odds with the material world so to speak. Skipped over that far too quickly, as if it was at odds with the George we should remember him as.........giving up LSD for meditation and that whole 'natural' living thang.

His voice was shot during some of the 70's gig footage plus the actual songs (and dungerees) were, well, not that great really. The voice could've been down to excessive coke use.

Also, what no "Got My Mind Set On You"! I remember the video for that when it came out.
grisisiknis
Known user

Post by grisisiknis »

Metropolis.
no art no pain | no pain no art
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

My wife and I watched this last night. It was good....very bleak and Orwellian. My wife says it wasn't as good as the book, which she read years ago. But, films rarely are as good as the read.

Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

We need to talk about Kevin.
also has a great soundtrack that works so well with the film....washington phillips included.

Melancholia
really enjoyed this even if I was depressed for days after watching it

and this excellent indie movie
Bellflower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3KX2IPTbjE
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

This British film is playing at one of our cool indie cinemas and has received some decent press here. My wife and I went and saw it last night and quite enjoyed the cat and mouse thriller aspect as well as its grittiness. Small American indie films often go to these places but Hollywood rarely, if ever, does.

Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Three weeks until i grace the red carpet at the world premier of the BMX Bandits movie!!!! :D
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

I always wanted to know more about this picture. I had the picture up on my wall and then I saw that PBS had done a Frontline episode on this man a few years back. I ended up buying the DVD from their website. I watched it today and I thought it was very well done. It made me feel quite sorry for the people living in China.

bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

went to see amalie at the cinema but was 12 hours too late- it was 11am not pm! anyway got a free ticket to compensate and woulda had to miss it anyway at 11am due to work, dammmmmmmmmmit!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Watched The Guard ,starring Brendan Gleeson last week ,funniest film all year ,about a member of the Garda ,with some strange ideas about law enforcement ,rec. to anyone,
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

rise of planet of the apes- utter monkey dodo
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

bunnyben wrote:rise of planet of the apes- utter monkey dodo
I watched that also the other evening — may I add "A LOAD..."

:)

M
Design.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Tomorrow is the big day!!!! :D
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I've been ill since last Friday, so only now had a chance to mentioned how GREAT the BMX Bandits movie was on Sunday. I dragged my sorry ass along to the GFT in Glasgow for the world premier of it. Sat drinking cough syrup from a bottle throughout to keep myself well enough to be there! (my cough sounded and felt like nothing i have ever heard before and i didn't want to disturb the film!)

Anyways, the movie itself was brilliant. The director/producer is a friend of mine and set about making the film after suffering from depression a few years ago. As he said in the Q&A after the film was shown, his depression meant he felt nothing. Not good nor bad. It was only then that he heard the BMX Bandits music and actually FELT something again. Their music and upbeat attitude set him on a mission to find out more about the band, their lead man, Duglas, and how a band could seemingly stay so positive and upbeat through all that the band have faced over the years... from Kurt Cobain claiming that they would be the only other band he would ever want to be a member of to the Sounds magazine calling their music shit. The movie gave a good historical tour, via footage and songs, of where they have come from, the revolving door for all the great scottish musicians who have graced the band and more importantly, of the lead singer, Duglas.

The movie was profoundly moving at times, especially since i know Duglas well enough to have a blether whenever we meet , but to see so many things that he has been through without EVER outwardly showing it was very emotional to watch indeed. His explanations as to how he is so full of hope and constantly aiming for happiness is truly inspiring, if not a little eccentric and to see so many great names and faces speaking so very highly of him was also brilliant to see; Evie Sands, Kim Fowley, Alan McGee, Television Personalities, and so many others. I've always considered him to be Bellshill's Brian Wilson... and the fragility captured in this film merely emphasises this even more!

Such a wonderful film and so proud that my friend has done so deservedly well in capturing the fun and wonder that comes with being a BMX Bandit!!!

If ever this comes to be shown nearby, PLEASE go see it. You'll not regret it! :D
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

Laz69 wrote:I've been ill since last Friday, so only now had a chance to mentioned how GREAT the BMX Bandits movie was on Sunday. I dragged my sorry ass along to the GFT in Glasgow for the world premier of it. Sat drinking cough syrup from a bottle throughout to keep myself well enough to be there! (my cough sounded and felt like nothing i have ever heard before and i didn't want to disturb the film!)

Anyways, the movie itself was brilliant. The director/producer is a friend of mine and set about making the film after suffering from depression a few years ago. As he said in the Q&A after the film was shown, his depression meant he felt nothing. Not good nor bad. It was only then that he heard the BMX Bandits music and actually FELT something again. Their music and upbeat attitude set him on a mission to find out more about the band, their lead man, Duglas, and how a band could seemingly stay so positive and upbeat through all that the band have faced over the years... from Kurt Cobain claiming that they would be the only other band he would ever want to be a member of to the Sounds magazine calling their music shit. The movie gave a good historical tour, via footage and songs, of where they have come from, the revolving door for all the great scottish musicians who have graced the band and more importantly, of the lead singer, Duglas.

The movie was profoundly moving at times, especially since i know Duglas well enough to have a blether whenever we meet , but to see so many things that he has been through without EVER outwardly showing it was very emotional to watch indeed. His explanations as to how he is so full of hope and constantly aiming for happiness is truly inspiring, if not a little eccentric and to see so many great names and faces speaking so very highly of him was also brilliant to see; Evie Sands, Kim Fowley, Alan McGee, Television Personalities, and so many others. I've always considered him to be Bellshill's Brian Wilson... and the fragility captured in this film merely emphasises this even more!

Such a wonderful film and so proud that my friend has done so deservedly well in capturing the fun and wonder that comes with being a BMX Bandit!!!

If ever this comes to be shown nearby, PLEASE go see it. You'll not regret it! :D
do you have dates/locations etc?
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

As of yesterday morning, my friend was off for a well deserved two weeks in Tenerife. Not sure of plans for taking this nationwide, but there was muted discussion about a possible DVD release, but i'm not sure if there is any plans to get this shown further afield as of yet. I will certainly keep you posted if i hear more. We jokingly suggested that if there is another Creation Records night on BBC4 at any point, it HAS to be included, and stranger things have happened!
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

thor- or was it snore? can't tell
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

the tree of life. lovely stuff!
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

true grit- excellent- at one point was almost in tears
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

"War Horse"

My wife and I took our kids to see this last night. Yep, Friday family night at the movies. Have to say, we all really enjoyed this film. In fact, my 14 year old daughter said at the end "that was so good, I think that was my favorite film ever". :D

While I wouldn't go that far it was a 2.5 hour story that was equal parts touching, endearing, compassionate and thrilling. The battle scene on the Somme was, like the first 15 minutes of 'Private Ryan', VERY intense and harrowing. Also, the way it was filmed was clearly a homage to films such as 'Giant' or 'Gone With The Wind'. The angles and compositions as well as the use of filters were all very old school, yet felt fresh and unique.

I'd love to see this story on the stage.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Watched Submarine on DVD over the festive period and can highly recommend it... a nice kind of low-key, indie feel to it.

Also saw the remake of the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo...couldn't get over how similar it was to the original which I guess raises the question why bother? I suppose it was just for the benefit for those who can't be bothered to read subtitles!
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Shinesalight wrote: Also saw the remake of the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo...couldn't get over how similar it was to the original which I guess raises the question why bother? I suppose it was just for the benefit for those who can't be bothered to read subtitles!
Good point and exactly my worry when I saw it was being remade. I also worried it would lose some of its visceral, raw grittiness. David Fincher is a good, dark director though so I was glad to see that at least he signed on board to do it.

I think it was remade to make a lot of $$ in the USA because there probably would have been a large audience who didn't see the Swedish ones out of a lazy, xenophobic attitude towards subtitles and foreign movies. Pity them. They will probably vote for Rick Perry.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Took the kids to see the new Sherlock Holmes flick and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Quite stylish, very OTT but lots of fun and laughs.

Also showed them 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' on DVD which I saw in the cinema as a teen first time round. Possibly a tad long but very imaginative and well made, and the kids loved all the flying saucer sequences - which are all really cool even by today's effects standards.