Spacemen 3 art question

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

marcvolta
Known user

Spacemen 3 art question

Post by marcvolta »

Does anyone know where to find the little circles that the spacemen used for most of their releases?
Im talking about the circles within the circles like the background of the Transparent Radiation single...

Im thinking about do a small run of Spacemen 3 letterpress prints, and I would use those circles in the design. If they came out alright i would maybe sell them for a few bucks and give the money to Will/Natty to help out with what that guy did to the money for Natty
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Spacemen 3 art question

Post by runcible »

The circles came from the original Monterey Pop Festival poster if that's any help.

Here it is:
http://www.lunch.com/Reviews/d/Monterey ... html?pid=0
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

i have a small table with one of these circle patterns as the glass top :)
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

marcvolta wrote:Does anyone know where to find the little circles that the spacemen used for most of their releases?
Im talking about the circles within the circles like the background of the Transparent Radiation single...

Im thinking about do a small run of Spacemen 3 letterpress prints, and I would use those circles in the design. If they came out alright i would maybe sell them for a few bucks and give the money to Will/Natty to help out with what that guy did to the money for Natty
If you sort this out and do a run of prints, I would definately be interested. Can never have too many Spacemen famed prints around the house - although the wife may dispute that.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

can you not just pull them from the inlay sleeves on the cd releases? I'm thinking forged perscripstions and dreamweapon cds definately have them.
Chris Barrus
Known user

Post by Chris Barrus »

KingHarry wrote:can you not just pull them from the inlay sleeves on the cd releases? I'm thinking forged perscripstions and dreamweapon cds definately have them.
They're pretty trivial to draw too. Send me an email at quartzcity@gmail.com and I can send you the EPS files I made for the old website.