BBC4 Friday 30th March - The Doors - Story of LA Woman

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

johnnyboy
Known user

BBC4 Friday 30th March - The Doors - Story of LA Woman

Post by johnnyboy »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01f7y7c

Friday night in with my daughter just got even better. An hour dedicated to my favourite Doors album.
nickh
Known user

Re: BBC4 Friday 30th March - The Doors - Story of LA Woman

Post by nickh »

Thanks for the heads up, have watched this on iplayer and as usual BBC4 are on the money with their music shows.

I never ventured further than the first couple of Doors albums and The Doors in Concert but could change that now, sounds like a good record.

I like listening to Ray Manzarek talk about Jim Morrison, I always get the feeling he really misses him.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

LA Woman is a must have album mate, you wont be dissapointed, as for Ray, he took WAY too much back in the 60s, always seems like hes still stuck there :)
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Ray makes me laugh/cringe all at the same time. He's such an old hippy and always quotes Doors lyrics as part of his conversation. What was that shirt he was wearing? Seemed to be a shirt/cardigan effect all on the one piece.

John Densmore always comes across well. I met him at a book signing years back when his autobiography came out. Had a very brief conversation with him consisting of: "hey man", "hey", "what's your name", "John", "wow, my name's John too!", ".....I know.....".

It was a good documentary. That DJ guy with the shades on had obviously taken an inner journey or two, maaaan.

Would've been interesting if they'd spoken about why Jim decided to vocally mimic a harmonica/guitar solo on Cars Hiss By My Window.

NickH - def buy LA Woman, it's such a great album. The debut always gets the plaudits but LA Woman is the one I always go to when I fancy a Doors fix.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Sky Arts 1 has also been showing a selection of good shows this week. So far, they have had two Stones concert; one from '78 and one from '72 and a few Doors documentaries too.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

This looks great. I will need to put it in my netflix queue. If it comes to our tv over here it will be on some cable channel (VH1 probably), which I don't get with my "basic package".