BZAs Bootleg Requests...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: BZAs Bootleg Requests...

Post by BzaInSpace »

I have a version of the above - the BBC recording starts at Electric Mainline so the intro and Shine a light are from somewhere else with far less quality… I forget now. It might have been a bootleg. Will get to it.

Herman - you’re very welcome. It’s extraordinary - I found YT clips last night but sadly not by the same guy. What a fucking gig. I wish I’d been there.

Sunray - I found the bag of CDrs and can only find disc one of the Galway show - you still want that, happy to uplosd but annoyed I can’t find the other disc…
O P 8
digital jesus
Known user

Post by digital jesus »

BzaInSpace wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:06 pm I have a version of the above - the BBC recording starts at Electric Mainline so the intro and Shine a light are from somewhere else with far less quality… I forget now. It might have been a bootleg. Will get to it.
Thanks! This recording I have is soundboard quality from the intro of Oh Happy Day / Shine A Light all the way through, that's why I was wondering if it is the same as the BBC concert that has the discogs listing. Although that BBC is marked as 1999 so possibly not, unless it is a mistake.

I've linked to my copy here if anyone wants it

Meltdown Festival 1998
Soundboard quality
(missing Oh Happy Day closer, and some degredation in sound at the outro of Cop Shoot Cop)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

BzaInSpace wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:06 pm Sunray - I found the bag of CDrs and can only find disc one of the Galway show - you still want that, happy to uplosd but annoyed I can’t find the other disc…
Yeah chuck it up here. Irish Spiritualized boots are a rarity so even half a set will do! Cheers BZA :)
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

:roll:

It just gets worse. When I ripped the CD-R - with the label stating it was Island Arts Centre, Lisburn (not Galway bloody hell) 14 Aug 2004 I was surprised to find it started with ‘Cop shoot cop…’, then ‘Shine a light’, then ‘Electric mainline’, with the absolute sound of the 97/98 band.

Yeah, this ain’t even the first disc of this. I’m not sure where it’s from either but it’s pretty intense. I’ll keep looking. It was a set of two. Sorry…
O P 8
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

My Meltdown includes Oh Happy Day, so here you are if it's any use to anyone:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vjqnyyk5 ... l.rar/file
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Anyone have a full audio copy of the World Trade Center show they did in 98?
Does a copy exist that’s not ripped from the video?
omarmirza100
New user

Post by omarmirza100 »

Hiya

Does anyone still have the Salford Acoustic Mainline FLAC recording that could share with me please? (Gutted as lost mine thru HDD failure)

Thanks

Omar
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

Does anyone know if the 4 October 1990 Spiritualized gig at ULU is circulating? I've been loaned some tapes from the guy who recorded them and thought that they were all out there already, but I'm not sure that this one is.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I uploaded this years ago, mainly compiled from the US show bootlegs with the "US Band" with Kid Millions etc. with a few other rarities.

I listened to it today for the first time in years also, and it's pretty awesome, from a nerdy POV if nothing else, and I wish Bay of Pigs had released an album of this stuff...

https://wsi.li/dl/jAGSx6EeDjd6HQ3Bk/
O P 8
aadamm
Known user

Post by aadamm »

I just found this on youtube, and it's rather beautiful but there's some edits that truncate songs in odd places. Does a complete recording of this exist? Or, I suppose the better question is, what are the best recordings from this period, after Fucked Up Inside through the release of Pure Phase?

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I wonder is the person who runs that YT channel from around here? Good bit of Spiritualized and some Spacemen 3 on it (don't think i've heard the Mermaid, Birmingham 1986 before).
200bars
Known user

Post by 200bars »

Probably a long shot, but I’m on the hunt for any live versions of The Slide Song…anybody holding?

It’s supposedly been played live a whopping five times, all in ‘94:

26 Jun: Glastonbury Festival
08 Jul: South Parade Pier, Portsmouth, England
09 Jul: Pavilion Theatre, Worthing, England
11 Jul: Worthing Pier Pavilion, Worthing, England (got this one)
15 Jul: Phoenix Festival —Long Marston Airfield, Stratford-upon-Avon, England

…these are from shows where the setlists were uploaded and the song was listed—maybe there were others from around this time, though I’m not holding out much hope.

I managed to snag the Worthing Pier show (thanks BZA!) but haven’t come across any of the other shows listed above. I’m fascinated with the version from this show where it’s played in a totally different key/tempo! Comparing the feel of the two versions and how they’re played on guitar, it makes me wonder for Pure Phase whether Jason recorded the guitar/bass parts in the same key as on the live version, and then used varispeed or something similar to slow them down before adding the vocals/drums/orchestration. The song has always had a really hazy feel to it…even more so than the rest of the album, which is saying a lot! Delving into a separate topic here, but I’ve always loved reading snippets of how that album was recorded/mixed…

(Incidentally, does anybody know whether the version of The Slide Song on the Lay Back In The Sun CD single differs in any way to the album version? The runtime looks the same, but one of my favorite things about the the band’s catalog is how there are often subtly (or in some cases, fairly dramatically) different versions of songs on their singles/EPs, with no mention of that fact.)

Thanks!
Last edited by 200bars on Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

200bars
Known user

Post by 200bars »

Funny...I just had the thought a bit ago to search YT for the venue/festival names and that video came up. All the times I'd trawled YouTube looking for random Spiritualized content and I'd never seen that one. The other show I'm going to keep a look out for is the earlier Worthing show from 9 July — at least according to the site where I saw these setlists, there's apparently a pretty good quality recording out there...

It struck me that the 'uptempo' live version clocks in at a few seconds longer than the Pure Phase version, even with how much faster it's played! That's always been a song that I wish went on for about 3 more minutes...which apparently it would have if they had played what they did on the live version but at the slower tempo that they used in the studio.

Thanks!