Spectrum/Stereolab split single

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

ononist
Known user

Spectrum/Stereolab split single

Post by ononist »

Does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell or take offers on.

I'm willing to spend some serious monies on one.

Email ononist@onophonic.com if interested.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

As the record dealer who originally sold these things I thought I'd reply.

Last one of these that I heard of being sold went for £752 so prepare yourself for an expensive transaction. I used to keep track of where they all were but a couple were sold without my knowledge.

I'd be suprised if any of the lucky owners of these little ditties would be willing to sell their copy as there are only 25 of them. Even if I was offered the above sum I wouldn't part with mine.

Something tells me the recently released '33' CD by The Heads (a limited edition of, you guessed it, 33 copies) would fetch the same, despite its incredible content.
shifting_images
Known user

Re: Spectrum/Stereolab split single

Post by shifting_images »

ononist wrote:Does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell or take offers on.

I'm willing to spend some serious monies on one.

Email ononist@onophonic.com if interested.
I wish I had this on cd cause then I could just send you a copy,but, unfortunatley I only have it on vinyl.

It's awsome I wish you the best of luck finding it for a fair price.
!taking drugs to make music to take drugs to!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

The Spectrum track appeared as an EAR track on a promo CD for the Volume magazine. It was longer than on the 7".

The Stereolab track appears on Refried Ectoplasm.

The first of those might be tricky to find - no idea how many were made, but the second is easy.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Aren't there two Sterolab tracks? Tone Burst (Country), that is indeed on Refried Ectoplasm, but also a demo of Tempter that I don't think is available anywhere else? All from memory, of course, I can't aford something like that!

Love,

Ian
ononist
Known user

Cheers for the replies

Post by ononist »

I have the track just want to get hold of a copy as a collector. That is a rdidculous price but then i'm a ridiculous chap.

Runcible. I used to get stuff from Dave (who i think you know - from manchester i think) and Ant at the market in Liverpool Uni. Still in touch with them at all?

NOt many SPacemen 3 fans around there at the time.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Yeah - Dave is a good friend of mine (and some other posters on this board). Notoriously difficult to get hold of. I know Ant too but not as well.

You're right Ian - there is a demo of Tempter on it. Forgot about that, but then this is hardly a regular player at home for me!

That was a cool time. When I used to set up at record fairs I had so much Spacemen stuff on display that anyone into it would make a b-line for the stall. One time at the Reading festival fair I could see a guy in a Spacemen t-shirt right the other side of the hall and I waited for him to spot me. The look on his face was priceless when he saw this display of every rare Spacemen release on the wall and just headed towards me in a kind of trance. I have feeling that same person is present on this board here today. Was that you Andy Black?
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

Last time i saw dave was at Terrastock UK (or maybe an Earworm night around the same time) so, er, a long long while ago.

Post by Guest »

runcible wrote:Yeah - Dave is a good friend of mine (and some other posters on this board). Notoriously difficult to get hold of. I know Ant too but not as well.

You're right Ian - there is a demo of Tempter on it. Forgot about that, but then this is hardly a regular player at home for me!

That was a cool time. When I used to set up at record fairs I had so much Spacemen stuff on display that anyone into it would make a b-line for the stall. One time at the Reading festival fair I could see a guy in a Spacemen t-shirt right the other side of the hall and I waited for him to spot me. The look on his face was priceless when he saw this display of every rare Spacemen release on the wall and just headed towards me in a kind of trance. I have feeling that same person is present on this board here today. Was that you Andy Black?

most probably yes :wink: i did use to save up cash to spend at runcibles stall i seem to believe.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

doh, forgot to log in.

those reading stalls were stunnigly good picks, i got all of the spiritualized 7"'s (wtywm, smiles, run / i want you / medication ) etc for 2 or 3 quid each. i bought all the awtywm variations for little money, including a lovely 7" promo with press release from ear promotions
detailing the first spiritualized tour.

i got the nme freebie cd's as well for very little.

last month i finally completed my spiritualized vinyl collection with the fierce 7", that I've been trying to persuade a old uni friend to part with for 10 years, although the collection has been made slightly easier by an aquaintance from a er...record company who made have raided their vaults to complete my collection

i stopped at ladies and gents, though I have no interest in the newer stuff
i think i got slipstreams indian summer and defintily my 12" of revolution from runcible records.

mind you its a bizzare old world, i got dragged out for a chinese the other night, and whilst stopping to inspect the random restaurant menu, looked up to see will carruthers staring at me from his seat in the bar, lovely man that he is.